Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Paint chip taillights (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369353)

Camarodave66 07-19-2014 11:03 AM

Paint chip taillights

:sad0147:I noticed Thursday while washing my 2014 1LS, that on both sides by the rear lower outside edge of the taillights that the paint is chipping away. Has anyone else had a problem with this. I am going to notify the dealer next Tuesday on my day off. I will post pics later today or tomorrow when I can.

Thanks
Dave

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-20-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarodave66 (Post 7829749)
:sad0147:I noticed Thursday while washing my 2014 1LS, that on both sides by the rear lower outside edge of the taillights that the paint is chipping away. Has anyone else had a problem with this. I am going to notify the dealer next Tuesday on my day off. I will post pics later today or tomorrow when I can.

Thanks
Dave

Dave,

I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a paint chip concern like this, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer if you feel additional assistance with the dealer is necessary. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

parkerss 07-20-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 7832259)
Dave,

I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a paint chip concern like this, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer if you feel additional assistance with the dealer is necessary. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

WOW Talk about customer service Dave :happyanim:

Camarodave66 07-21-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 7832259)
Dave,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks William
PM sent.

Camarodave66 08-12-2014 05:30 PM

OK Finally got to take my Bumblebee in today, they had there body shop guy look at it and write up an estimate they are going to submit it to GM for approval. The plan is to shim up the taillights to give a bit more distance between the bottom edge of the taillight and bumper and touch up the affected area. Sucks on a bran new car but, hopefully they get on the ball and handle it.

benjamin.i.campbell 08-13-2014 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarodave66 (Post 7829749)

Thanks
Dave

Ya ive got the same problem with my 11 rs. Seems to just be a clear coat issue

Camarodave66 08-13-2014 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamin.i.campbell (Post 7886983)
Ya ive got the same problem with my 11 rs. Seems to just be a clear coat issue

Ya it sucks poor design/install....

Camarodave66 08-26-2014 09:25 AM

OK I am dropping my car off back at the dealer, let's see if they can get it right this time.

TommyTheCat 08-26-2014 10:32 AM

no pictures, you have deceived us all

Camarodave66 08-26-2014 10:36 AM

Lol will post some.

Camarodave66 08-26-2014 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the initial repair work, the day after I picked it back up and washed my car. What a joke it is back in today for a full repaint. :(

fp115 08-26-2014 07:36 PM

I had something similar to that happen on my 2010. It was fixed with some touch up paint, which oddly enough held up well through the years. However it bugged me ever since. I really hope they get you all fixed up soon. It does look like you may need a full repaint though.

Camarodave66 08-26-2014 07:37 PM

Ya they are doing a full repaint.