Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   2011 Camaro Convertible Top-Up Photos and Folding Roof Video (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117775)

ddunerider 11-29-2010 03:05 PM

Not for me eather...I like the hard top with a sun roof....and you should see all the extra cross braces under the car ....to help stiffen it up!!!

gahammerle 11-29-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anopie (Post 2591094)
See the bags on the road, thats cause there was no room in the trunk for them with the top down :)

Actually, that was less than half of what he had packed into the trunk before he put the top down. When the top was up, the trunk was stuffed full.

Adam's Polishes 11-29-2010 03:08 PM

I know a convertible hard top wouldve added weight, cost, and complication to the car - but it would've been SO much sexier.

Wonder if a removable glass targa top (a la C6 vette) or T-tops will ever find their way onto the camaro... I'd be more in favor of either of those.

2010 SSRS 11-29-2010 03:12 PM

is that the demo model, or is that where the shark fin is going to stay on the trunk.

FenwickHockey65 11-29-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 (Post 2591179)
Im disappointed, when the convertible was mentioned at all of the meets with the GM reps, we were told that we wouldnt be able to see the ribs going across.

You really don't notice it unless you look closely. My camera just sucks and I was shooting from a crappy angle.

Johnnyma45 11-29-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahammerle (Post 2591251)
That pic doesn't do it justice. In person, the ribs are barely noticeable. In fact, from about 40-50 feet, you don't really see them at all.

Not bad...wish the tonneau cover was somehow integrated in so you don't see the ribs at all but it's not too noticeable unless you're up next to it. Is it me or in the still pics, do you see the ribs more in the top-up pics than we have in the past? Was the wind blowing hard that day?

FenwickHockey65 11-29-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 (Post 2591337)
Not bad...wish the tonneau cover was somehow integrated in so you don't see the ribs at all but it's not too noticeable unless you're up next to it. Is it me or in the still pics, do you see the ribs more in the top-up pics than we have in the past? Was the wind blowing hard that day?

Don't really remember about the wind, but I was shooting into the sun, which meant that the shadows on the top were greatly exaggerated.

terryg75 11-29-2010 03:26 PM

Where was he at in Ohio and when? I'd have loved to have seen it in person.

OldSchoolCamaro 11-29-2010 03:27 PM

Ok, I need to see it in person to tell you if I really like it. So drop it by my house for a month or better yet fly me down to Florida where I can enjoy it for a couple weeks. :thumbsup:

FenwickHockey65 11-29-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryg75 (Post 2591348)
Where was he at in Ohio and when? I'd have loved to have seen it in person.

I was home in West Chester (20 min. north of Cincinnati) for Thanksgiving. He came through on Saturday.

BlaSSt Off 11-29-2010 03:33 PM

I want to see it going down the highway to see if it looks like a conehead. Like the 4th Gen, it looks like the top is about to be sucked off the car.

SSLarry 11-29-2010 03:41 PM

The prices of those aftermarket hack job verts on ebay just took a dump. :D

rtcat600man 11-29-2010 03:50 PM

AWESOME...........I just left work (I work at the Tech Center in Warren) and I passed this Camaro in the parking lot. I stopped and got out and took a closer look around it. I noticed it had a number 7 on the windshield. I get home and sat down to report what I saw and the headlines are talking about the very same Camaro. How cool is that. :thumbup:

Buffnshine 11-29-2010 04:07 PM

saw them this weekend at LA auto show, dont want to get rid of mine but am thinking of buying a second. Love convertibles and have owed several. The fit and quality is very good. The hard tonue cover for the corners finishes it off nicely. Great capture of the roof operation, Im not sure why GM has been reluctant to give us more of this footage. A hard top would have been nice but never could do it with those lines.