Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The looks, the stares, the questions... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23207)

Super Sport 05-17-2009 07:58 PM

The looks, the stares, the questions...

For those of you who've experienced occasional looks, people bumping into immovable objects, ricer fly-bys, questions in the likes of "has it gots NAAAWSS?"... this is the thread for you lucky SOBs who got their brand new 'maro sitting in their driveways right now.

Share your stories!

theshadow1234 05-17-2009 08:04 PM

EH?

BackinBlackSS/RS 05-17-2009 08:05 PM

Oh man I've had too many to count or remember, but most happened when my wife was not in the car. Well the best one happened when she was in the car. Going out to dinner we turned onto a side street. A boy about 10 yo with sister or friend of the back of his bide saw us. His jaw hit the ground and he just stared at us with his mouth wide open. His head followed us as we passed and he just kept staring. My wife was like, holy smokes, did you see that kid. I said I told you honey this car is a rock star!!! She believes me now when I tell her another rock star story.

Gary B 05-17-2009 08:10 PM

NAAAWSS=NOS (that must be the canook version)lol

camarotoofast 05-17-2009 08:11 PM

Its getting nuts, people stopN in the middle of the road ,yelling,thumbs up at every light or store I stop at (i need to get locks for my wheels NOW)I cant go anywere and i only got 200 miles on her. This car take's the cake on looks.People act like they never seen a black camaro before.:sm0: Plus 1000+?

Blacked Out 05-17-2009 08:16 PM

I WANT THAT FEELING SO BAD
It took me long enough to get this car. This is my first car and im soo happy that its this one. Im getting it in 6 weeks and i dont think i hav to say it cause i bet you guys already know that this car is a girl magnet. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!

viper612 05-17-2009 08:48 PM

I have had my SS for 2 weeks now, it has been crazy. People stopping me in traffic, pulling besides me on the freeway, at stores people will stop and take a long look. Even in my driveway people will stop and look. Probably have spoken personally with 50+ people about the car.

I had a Viper for a few years, and I thought that got the looks, nothing like this car.

Number_9 05-17-2009 08:54 PM

can't... wait... to experience... this... :suicide:

zzz28zzz 05-17-2009 09:18 PM

3 days in her and it happens all of the time.

Had a guy almost wreck his motorcycle in front of
my house cause he was trying to look and ride at the
same time.

Had a slick lookin mid 80's Monte Carlo fly past me on the highway,
slam on the breaks till he was back even with me just to get a good
look and give a thumbs up.

Shurenuff 05-17-2009 09:44 PM

Enjoy it (or put up with it depending on your perspective) while it lasts. In about 6-12 months, the Camaro will be much more common place and will lose the crazy Rockstar status it now has.

Zeroburn 05-17-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 496114)
Oh man I've had too many to count or remember, but most happened when my wife was not in the car. Well the best one happened when she was in the car. Going out to dinner we turned onto a side street. A boy about 10 yo with sister or friend of the back of his bide saw us. His jaw hit the ground and he just stared at us with his mouth wide open. His head followed us as we passed and he just kept staring. My wife was like, holy smokes, did you see that kid. I said I told you honey this car is a rock star!!! She believes me now when I tell her another rock star story.

I hate you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarotoofast (Post 496136)
Its getting nuts, people stopN in the middle of the road ,yelling,thumbs up at every light or store I stop at (i need to get locks for my wheels NOW)I cant go anywere and i only got 200 miles on her. This car take's the cake on looks.People act like they never seen a black camaro before.:sm0: Plus 1000+?

I hate you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper612 (Post 496258)
I have had my SS for 2 weeks now, it has been crazy. People stopping me in traffic, pulling besides me on the freeway, at stores people will stop and take a long look. Even in my driveway people will stop and look. Probably have spoken personally with 50+ people about the car.

I had a Viper for a few years, and I thought that got the looks, nothing like this car.

I hate you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzz28zzz (Post 496387)
3 days in her and it happens all of the time.

Had a guy almost wreck his motorcycle in front of
my house cause he was trying to look and ride at the
same time.

Had a slick lookin mid 80's Monte Carlo fly past me on the highway,
slam on the breaks till he was back even with me just to get a good
look and give a thumbs up.

I hate you!

Whew, that feels better. Now sadly i'm so jealous of all you. I am #1002 stuck waiting since its birth 3/24 (ordered 10/13 9:00am) and i'm dreaming of the day I can come back in here and post any story.

Sinergy 05-17-2009 09:50 PM

Here's mine...."Oh look, a old fart in a 12 yr old Dakota, I'd have unlimited sex with him, if only he had a new camaro."
Me: "Get the hell off my lawn!"

lordfriday2 05-17-2009 10:44 PM

I dropped my girlfriend off at a local tavern last night and I had three idiots walk up and go "is that the new camaro" i was like yep! one of them said "yeah my new challenger is definatly faster then this" I told him to put his money where his mouth was... that seemed to shut him up... since he immediately told me his challenger hadden't arrived yet... lol

"prima"Donna 05-17-2009 11:26 PM

I WANT MINE NOW!!!!...I WANNA BE A ROCK STAR TOO!!!...i used to get looks all the time when i had my Firebird and was a bit younger...:sm0:
i hope to experience that feeling again...and you are right...since our cars will be very rare for awhile, we should all enjoy our "rock star status" as long as we can...:headbang:
i better make sure i'm dressed the part every time i leave the house in my Camaro!!!...never know who will stop and stare, i wanna look as good as my car!:happyanim: