Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   first Camaro Hurst shifter installed in 2010 Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26472)

nUcLeArEnVoY 06-09-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91Z28350 (Post 566173)
Cool, now I will just need to get a "T" handle when I get mine!!! Satin finished steel or leather covered? What do you guys think?

Brushed steel all the way with the HURST logo in the center. I'm with you on that, I'm getting the same thing. The shift rod with the Hurst logo on that white-ball is freakin' awesome too.

Nexus6 06-09-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 567013)
No need to drop the trans - what I've been saying for months. Now we have proof :)

HAHAHA, i was just coming in here to say "i guess we can put the "you have to drop the trans" theory to bed now"

ScottZ28 06-09-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs (Post 567022)
My '68 is old school with the black boot, comp+ and t-handle (brushed).
I am definitely going with the hurst and a t-handle. For all the skeptics about t-handles, they are not that expensive so change it out from the ball. You may find that your ball will become a dust collector on a shelf.

Love the T-Handle, my 1971 Z28 has one on it and it seems old enough to have been put on by the original owner!

Revo1 06-09-2009 12:55 PM

Doesn't seem to shorten the throw at all, just an aesthetics thing? :iono:

2SSRS@Gen5diy 06-09-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo1 (Post 567753)
Doesn't seem to shorten the throw at all, just an aesthetics thing? :iono:

Put the ball in neutral move the ball up and down and see how mach yours moves mine is only 1" up and 1" down now with the new shifter, How is yours?

mwoodengr 06-09-2009 01:14 PM

How did GM and Hurst screw up the availablity of this soo much? I am floored that they are just now test fitting cars and still have work to be done to make sure it will fit all cars. Wow.
Feel sorry for the people who were really set on this shifter. Having to wait this long is really disappointing. I am suprised GM didn't replace Hurst with another brand months ago, given that this looks like all of Hurst's delay.

Legend 06-09-2009 01:20 PM

Oh...love the white ball!!

I like it!!

10CamaroSS#369 06-09-2009 01:24 PM

I purchased mine when I found out I would have to wait many months if I wanted it installed in my car for delivery. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Hurst shifter at the dealer and can't wait to have it installed! NICE!!!!!

Red Hot SS 06-09-2009 01:26 PM

Looks awesome! However I have a question....

I read that the originial Hurst shifter offered through GMPP was only a 25% reduction, but it says this one is nearly 50%. Is this an improvement of the GMPP hurst which is still in development or a completely separate shifter that is aftermarket?

hiway61revisted 06-09-2009 01:31 PM

awesome dude, and great pics :headbang:

radz28 06-09-2009 01:33 PM

Maybe it's an improvement. GM kinda' did the same thing with the optional shifters on the LS1 cars to my understanding. They were Hurst shifters, but not as good as the Competition Plus Billet shifters. Maybe, somehow, the throw could have an impact on the noise the shifter gives off or something. I know my Hurst and my B&M were a lot more noisy than the OEM one that came in my LT1 car.

Arod 06-09-2009 01:49 PM

I am going to go old school and put a Eight ball in place of the white hurst ball!

Rogue Leader 06-09-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 567882)
Maybe it's an improvement. GM kinda' did the same thing with the optional shifters on the LS1 cars to my understanding. They were Hurst shifters, but not as good as the Competition Plus Billet shifters. Maybe, somehow, the throw could have an impact on the noise the shifter gives off or something. I know my Hurst and my B&M were a lot more noisy than the OEM one that came in my LT1 car.

The GM version of the LS1 Hurst was made of stamped aluminum and steel by a 3rd party based on the Hurst design licensed by GM, while the Billett Plus was obviously made of Billett Aluminum, and manufactured by Hurst themselves.

Any word on when these will be out and what the cost will be?

2SSRS@Gen5diy 06-09-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwoodengr (Post 567819)
How did GM and Hurst screw up the availablity of this soo much? I am floored that they are just now test fitting cars and still have work to be done to make sure it will fit all cars. Wow.
Feel sorry for the people who were really set on this shifter. Having to wait this long is really disappointing. I am suprised GM didn't replace Hurst with another brand months ago, given that this looks like all of Hurst's delay.

Gm want to redesign the OEM shifter after Hurst made them 4000 units
Hurst is testing there new after market shifter,That you do not need to drop the trans to install.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 10CamaroSS#369 (Post 567852)
I purchased mine when I found out I would have to wait many months if I wanted it installed in my car for delivery. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Hurst shifter at the dealer and can't wait to have it installed! NICE!!!!!

You will be waiting for a long time as gm has not given the new design to hurst at this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Hot SS (Post 567855)
Looks awesome! However I have a question....

I read that the originial Hurst shifter offered through GMPP was only a 25% reduction, but it says this one is nearly 50%. Is this an improvement of the GMPP hurst which is still in development or a completely separate shifter that is aftermarket?

This is a new after market shifter,That you do not need to drop the trans to install.

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 567882)

All i can say is after driving back home (300 mi) yesterday i did not have a problem with the shifter at all, No noise.