Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Coilover Install Shop in NorCal? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299714)

relapsing 06-04-2013 12:20 AM

Coilover Install Shop in NorCal?

Anyone have any suggestions for a shop I could go to to install coilovers in norcal?

Mindz 06-04-2013 12:23 AM

Depending on the brand, I know there are two peddlers authorized installers.

Abel Chevrolet in Rio vista
Custom Alignment in Santa Clara (maybe neighboring city)

Other places are:
Synergy Motorsports in Fremont.
Force fed performance in roseville.

Those are the shops I know off the top of my head.

Falundir 06-04-2013 09:30 AM

I use Synergy with Borelli Motorsports as a fallback.

relapsing 06-04-2013 09:54 PM

Synergy it is, thank you guys.

BRAVO 2SS 06-04-2013 10:30 PM

ive been calling synergy for the last two days...they dont answer there calls. Really Weird.

Falundir 06-05-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRAVO 2SS (Post 6630478)
ive been calling synergy for the last two days...they dont answer there calls. Really Weird.

Synergy has a 3 week backlog and is essentially one person. I have been in his queue for two weeks myself for a ton of work.

As I tell everyone, you go to Synergy when you want your car done correctly the first time. The owner knows he's the only real game in town and acts like it so not everyone will appreciate his approach at customer service.

After a bad experience at another shop and a ton of research you really have few options in NorCal.

Suspension & Alignment - Borelli Motorsports
Suspension, LS engine builds, FI, tuning, etc - Synergy Motorsports

Otherwise you are driving to SoCal for work.

CHMSC 06-05-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relapsing (Post 6625902)
Anyone have any suggestions for a shop I could go to to install coilovers in norcal?

If you want to drive to SoCal there are several good shops, personally I would just do the install yourself and then get it aligned.

Falundir 06-05-2013 12:23 PM

Just spoke to Rick, he has a 1 month backlog so check out some of the other suggestions in this thread.

GlowingBurrito 06-05-2013 12:24 PM

Rick (Synergy) does some great work. Took both of my Camaros there when I needed stuff done.

relapsing 06-05-2013 02:04 PM

Holy smokes, 1 month?!?

I'll give Borelli Motorsports a call

Cuda7050 06-05-2013 03:02 PM

Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley was recommended to me by Livermore Performance. They fit me right in and did a great track alignment for me. They said when I get coilovers to bring it in for a new alignment and corner weighting. They run NASCAR west so they must know what their doing. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again and I am a 2 1/2 hour drive away.

http://rogerkrausracing.com/

danzcool 06-05-2013 10:07 PM

I really don't get people wanting a (insert model here) performance shop to install something as basic as suspension components. Source the right parts on the internet and go to a shop that does suspension all day long. I took all my stuff to the local Big-O.

Falundir 06-05-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danzcool (Post 6635029)
I really don't get people wanting a (insert model here) performance shop to install something as basic as suspension components. Source the right parts on the internet and go to a shop that does suspension all day long. I took all my stuff to the local Big-O.

Because a popular shop that hasn't been mentioned screwed up a coilover install. That and apparently Pedders has identified a large number of failed coilovers due to installer error.

Rigzo510 06-05-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falundir (Post 6635041)
Because a popular shop that hasn't been mentioned screwed up a coilover install. That and apparently Pedders has identified a large number of failed coilovers due to installer error.

Would this shop rhyme with new bait? Lol I went there to get my cam and header install and they did an alright job, I was getting ready to buy suspension parts and take it to them but if they're messing up I might have to go to synergy