Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Deleted (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283937)

InvaderMoose 03-20-2013 09:39 AM

Deleted

Deleted

MikeSVX 03-20-2013 10:24 AM

Why not buy a new 1LE and build another car, using lessons you learned building the old one?

biggerisbetter 03-20-2013 10:41 AM

good luck man and that is one fine car

InvaderMoose 03-20-2013 10:51 AM

Because I don't want to build another or replace it. I want the one I previously owned.

Rod Knock 03-20-2013 10:54 AM

I can understand the dealership not wanting (or being allowed becasue of privacy laws) not to give you the new owner's contact information. I don't know why they wouldn't be able to contact the owner themselves and inform that person someone has expressed interst in buying the car (back) and to let the dealership know if there is any interest on their part. As far I know, since the owner has already doen business with the dealership, there is no violation of privacy laws (unless diffeent in Florida) for them to contact their past customer - the dealership I bought my Camaro from contacts me regularly. Who knows - the dealer might end up making another sale on a new vechicle for the current owner.

Wizard1183 03-20-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvaderMoose (Post 6309696)
Because I don't want to build another or replace it. I want the one I previously owned.

Even if you found it, how much are you willing to pay for that car? An owner just won't say, "oh you're previous owner? No problem I sell it to you what I paid or of value." If he loves it you're screwed unless money is no object and you're willing to spend around 45k to buy it back? Go buy another car dude. It's gone. You have it up. Fr what reason I don't know, but whatever the reason it doesn't justify you getting it back now does it? Unless you still have the papers saying you're the owner and its been stolen.

Scalded Dog 03-20-2013 11:07 AM

Call Papa John's Pizza, ask for the owner. He's got experience in this field. I believe he ponied up $250G to get his old 2nd gen back.............................................. ..................................I must confess, however... I'd pay a lot of shiny nickels to get my old Cutlass back...

InvaderMoose 03-20-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard1183 (Post 6309744)
Even if you found it, how much are you willing to pay for that car? An owner just won't say, "oh you're previous owner? No problem I sell it to you what I paid or of value." If he loves it you're screwed unless money is no object and you're willing to spend around 45k to buy it back? Go buy another car dude. It's gone. You have it up. Fr what reason I don't know, but whatever the reason it doesn't justify you getting it back now does it? Unless you still have the papers saying you're the owner and its been stolen.

..you sound offended. The car isn't gone, it's a few miles away in another city and I have the money to buy it back.

Wantconvertible 03-20-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro/ss/rs (Post 6309701)
Hope you find it. Why did you let it go?

:popcorn:

starhutch 03-20-2013 11:12 AM

I get it, good luck in your quest Moose!

Neumatic 03-20-2013 11:16 AM

I remember reading about it when you sold it, good luck finding it!

Scalded Dog 03-20-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizard1183 (Post 6309744)
...whatever the reason it doesn't justify you getting it back now does it? ...

OP doesn't have to "justify" anything. He wants to make an offer... the current owner can take it or leave it. No harm, no crime, no foul, no "need to justify." Hell, I'd be happy to entertain offers on any used car I ever owned... and if the price was good enough to make me happy, I'd go for it. If not, tough luck, pal. The OP is not planning to kill the current owner and steal the car, as far as I can tell... just wants to make a valid business proposal.

Mezzmo 03-20-2013 11:21 AM

Good luck bud. Hope you find it. If I could find my '72 Challenger I got rid of 25 years ago, I'd buy it back too. We all have cars we regret selling, you're just lucky to be close enough to possibly get it back. :thumb: