Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pay Above Msrp When Ordering???? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5653)

Kelton00912 07-30-2008 02:59 PM

Pay Above Msrp When Ordering????

If you pre order your camaro ? will you just pay the msrp plus the extras (add ons) ? can the dealerships still have a price mark up? be thinking about that.. cause im putting a deposit down to order one when the dealerships gets the info in December

pinkcamaro10 07-30-2008 03:08 PM

you just need to find a dealership that wont mark up, and do it before you put a deposit down. I wouldnt pay above MSRP whether i was ordering or not.

Bowtie Guy Z28 07-30-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 103550)
you just need to find a dealership that wont mark up, and do it before you put a deposit down. I wouldnt pay above MSRP whether i was ordering or not.

:word:

Txturbo 07-30-2008 04:19 PM

I've never paid over MSRP for any car, not going to start now. There are dealers who will sell at MSRP, you just have to look for them.

Sierra 07-30-2008 06:15 PM

If you have to have your car in Feb i get the feeling you will pay mark up but once it comes to the end of the model year and they need to sell some cars , well I am sure that price will come down a bit Even though its going to be a long production year.

dvnt88 08-09-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelton00912 (Post 103546)
If you pre order your camaro ? will you just pay the msrp plus the extras (add ons) ? can the dealerships still have a price mark up? be thinking about that.. cause im putting a deposit down to order one when the dealerships gets the info in December

Never paid above MSRP and never will due to the kick / hold back the dealership gets from the manufacturer. If ya do ur research you can get ur car usually below MSRP if ya wait a few months after the car has been released. Check around for the dealers in ur area, but if ya pay above MSRP you have more money too burn than I do. ")

CamaroScotty 08-09-2008 12:33 PM

Yes, some dealerships will gladly take deposits and talk price later.

Get a MSRP or less guarantee! And if it's a few months later, lets talk $xxx over invoice - How's that sound?

Xanthos 08-09-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 109503)

Get a MSRP or less guarantee! And if it's a few months later, lets talk $xxx over invoice - How's that sound?

That sounds amazing! I was planning on buying mine about 6 months after release anyway! CS, you just keep cementing my decision to buy from you instead of the crappy chevy dealers in my area.
- Xanthos

pinkcamaro10 08-09-2008 01:31 PM

yeah, im in the same boat. all the dealers here suck, and wont even email me back.

How long are we talking in a "few" months after? Is that 3? or 7? I would just really like to have mine around april.

JEFF2010SSMANUAL 08-09-2008 02:48 PM

I will have $10k to put down on a loaded SS/RS LS3 June 1st 2009, I better be able to get one at MSRP OR LESS, OR its HELLO BMW 135i ...

The_Blur 08-09-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelton00912 (Post 103546)

You don't have to pay more than MSRP if you're willing to negotiate. Some dealers, like CamaroScotty, promise in writing that you will not pay a dime over MSRP. Others require that you get it in writing. All you have to do is go to a dealership and demand MSRP or less in writing. If you can't get that, then expect to pay more. It is your responsibility to get MSRP. Most dealers will want more out of you, so you need to aggressively seek the best deal. That means that you will probably need to talk to a few dealers and compare prices, negotiate, and get your demands put in writing.

Or you could go see CamaroScotty.

Mr Twisty 08-10-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 109503)

won dollah ovuh invoice! :happyanim:
Scotty, you're alright. I might hafta fly-n-drive when it's buy time.

The_Blur 08-10-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 110190)
won dollah ovuh invoice! :happyanim:
Scotty, you're alright. I might hafta fly-n-drive when it's buy time.

You noticed that he put three spaces after the dollar sign. That means under $1000 over invoice. I'd feel pretty good about promises like that in the next couple of years.

Xanthos 08-10-2008 11:42 PM

I'd gladly pay 1000 over invoice, as long as 1000 over invoice = less than MSRP.
- Xanthos