Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   2012+ V6 LFX Performance Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222713)

shadowatheist 05-24-2012 02:08 AM

im bout to buy the mrt version 2.0 axle back exhaust. i have the lfx so(this may sound excessively dumb to ask but bout to spend 600$ kinda want to make sure) i do need the fx option correct.

lscamaro 05-24-2012 02:30 AM

fx option?

PalmerGA 05-24-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v6 (Post 4938966)
Roto- Fab CAI's are also available. also, most exhaust is

Competition is good for pricing, but how does the Roto-Fab compare to the CAI Inc. system?

colingordon 05-24-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 5016851)
Competition is good for pricing, but how does the Roto-Fab compare to the CAI Inc. system?

I think performance and style wise they are very similar from what I know.... but if I had to give the edge I think I would pick the Cold Air Inductions INC. Air Intake over the Roto-Fab Air Intake

Henry G. 05-26-2012 07:52 PM

Hey its been a couple weeks since I checked in and...BOOM!!
We got out own LFX forum!! Alright!! Thanks to colingordon and everyone else who helped, and of course to Camaro5 for listening and creating it. Good jobs guys!! Cant wait to spend some $$$ hopping up my beautiful IBM 2012 Camaro!!

colingordon 05-26-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry G. (Post 5027512)
Hey its been a couple weeks since I checked in and...BOOM!!
We got out own LFX forum!! Alright!! Thanks to colingordon and everyone else who helped, and of course to Camaro5 for listening and creating it. Good jobs guys!! Cant wait to spend some $$$ hopping up my beautiful IBM 2012 Camaro!!

I know I was so happy to get on one morning and see it changed! Thanks for helping out and everything it was worth the wait! :thumbup:

coloeb 05-27-2012 06:51 PM

Nice to have our own little corner. I have a few questions related to bolt ons and such. Can anyone tell me how many H.P./Torque the engine and drive train are good for on the lsx v-6 automatic? This will have a bearing on the direction of my mods.

coloeb 06-02-2012 10:48 PM

I believe Corsca has an exhaust system and x-pipe for the 2012 V-6. Sounds really nice too, currently looking for a vender to supply mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6jWZwBdXQM

colingordon 06-02-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloeb (Post 5062651)
I believe Corsca has an exhaust system and x-pipe for the 2012 V-6. Sounds really nice too, currently looking for a vender to supply mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6jWZwBdXQM

Thanks for the info! I will update it right now! :thumbup:

Lil' Nasty 06-04-2012 11:51 PM

Don't forget to add RX turbos and SC to the list:) and sorry if it was already posted but how about a modified down pipe for you guys? I know ricers have these but I wonder if they can be made for y'all lfx guys

colingordon 06-05-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee (Post 5073971)
Don't forget to add RX turbos and SC to the list:) and sorry if it was already posted but how about a modified down pipe for you guys? I know ricers have these but I wonder if they can be made for y'all lfx guys

I am not familiar with modified down pipes. Can someone explain it for me? Haha

Lil' Nasty 06-05-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5074484)
I am not familiar with modified down pipes. Can someone explain it for me? Haha

i don't know too much about downpipes but i saw on my buddys scion tc forums under the performance section:rolleyes: a downpipe could increase air flow thus HP/Tq. Maybe a good example would be like the factory cats are very restrictive for us. A good aftermarket company like Solo offers Hi-flow cats increasing Sound and HP/Tq. I think the same principe can be applied to the downpipe :)

2Fr3shKicks 06-13-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5018731)
I think performance and style wise they are very similar from what I know.... but if I had to give the edge I think I would pick the Cold Air Inductions INC. Air Intake over the Roto-Fab Air Intake

Colingordan, sorry just registered my account been browsing around about which one I should get installed when it comes to intakes. Which one is best a Cold Air Inductions INC or Injen Cold Air InTake.
:(

What's up C5 will be posting a pic soon on my RS Camaro :thumbsup:

SoCalThug 06-13-2012 01:16 AM

Add ARK N-II and ARK DT-S to the cat-back exhaust list!

colingordon 06-13-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Fr3shKicks (Post 5117686)
Colingordan, sorry just registered my account been browsing around about which one I should get installed when it comes to intakes. Which one is best a Cold Air Inductions INC or Injen Cold Air InTake.
:(

What's up C5 will be posting a pic soon on my RS Camaro :thumbsup:

In my opinion get a CAI over the Injen any day. I dont think I have it up there right now but they also sell Roto-Fab which I think rivals the CAI Intake but they also are coming out with a Vaaram (spelling might be wrong) Intake that a lot of guys on this forum are waiting to get. If you cant wait and want to get it now I would get the CAI Intake but look at the Roto-Fab also because between the CAI and Roto-Fab its really a style contest because they both perform very well and neither one really will out perform the other, I just like the CAI better because I think it looks better. Stay away from Injen and K&N

2Fr3shKicks 06-13-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5119749)
In my opinion get a CAI over the Injen any day. I dont think I have it up there right now but they also sell Roto-Fab which I think rivals the CAI Intake but they also are coming out with a Vaaram (spelling might be wrong) Intake that a lot of guys on this forum are waiting to get. If you cant wait and want to get it now I would get the CAI Intake but look at the Roto-Fab also because between the CAI and Roto-Fab its really a style contest because they both perform very well and neither one really will out perform the other, I just like the CAI better because I think it looks better. Stay away from Injen and K&N

:w00t:
Thanks very informative. I will be waiting for the Varaam then. I just saw that it would give 18 hp installing a Injen but I havent seen no one post saying about Injen so I was just wondering. Yea K&N aint my thing. Thanks

colingordon 06-13-2012 12:02 PM

List is updated! I will be updating it a little more tonight when I have a chance

colingordon 06-13-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Fr3shKicks (Post 5119939)
:w00t:
Thanks very informative. I will be waiting for the Varaam then. I just saw that it would give 18 hp installing a Injen but I havent seen no one post saying about Injen so I was just wondering. Yea K&N aint my thing. Thanks

Yeah I would deffintly say away from K&N because they have had a lot of problems with them, some need tunes or they will make your CEL go on. I don't know a lot about Injen but I do know that CAI, Roto-Fab, and Vaaram are the best. And your willing to wait for the Vaaram so your making a good choice wether you wait or not!

2Fr3shKicks 06-13-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5120242)
Yeah I would deffintly say away from K&N because they have had a lot of problems with them, some need tunes or they will make your CEL go on. I don't know a lot about Injen but I do know that CAI, Roto-Fab, and Vaaram are the best. And your willing to wait for the Vaaram so your making a good choice wether you wait or not!

:bow:

Yea I am willing to wait because I want the best for the Camaro, I don't want to put any half ass parts and damage the engine or put an intake that wont give me a lot of HP

colingordon 06-13-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Fr3shKicks (Post 5120750)
:bow:

Yea I am willing to wait because I want the best for the Camaro, I don't want to put any half ass parts and damage the engine or put an intake that wont give me a lot of HP

Yeah I understand! but if you decide not to wait the Cold Air Inductions and Roto-Fab are defiantly not half ass! on this forum guys either have the CAI, Roto-Fab or are waiting for the Vaaram!

gahammerle 06-13-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5120242)
I don't know a lot about Injen but I do know that CAI, Roto-Fab, and Vaaram are the best.

On the LLT, the Injen and Vararam are the best. I would venture to say the Injen would be the top 1 or 2 on the LFX as well. I've had mine for over 40,000 in rain, snow, & shine, and nary a problem.

2Fr3shKicks 06-13-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahammerle (Post 5121899)
On the LLT, the Injen and Vararam are the best. I would venture to say the Injen would be the top 1 or 2 on the LFX as well. I've had mine for over 40,000 in rain, snow, & shine, and nary a problem.

How much of a difference did the Injen do for you?

gahammerle 06-13-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Fr3shKicks (Post 5123639)
How much of a difference did the Injen do for you?

My car has never been on a dyno or done the 1/4, so I don't have numbers to show the difference. It was noticeable, plus it wakes up the exhaust :D and is a good supporting mod for my other mods (high flow cats, cat-back, IM spacers, ported TB).

Jannety did a dyno comparison (same day, same car) over a year ago of the various intakes that were available for the LLT (no Vararam at the time) and the Injen had the best power and best A/F ratio.

colingordon 06-13-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahammerle (Post 5123757)
My car has never been on a dyno or done the 1/4, so I don't have numbers to show the difference. It was noticeable, plus it wakes up the exhaust :D and is a good supporting mod for my other mods (high flow cats, cat-back, IM spacers, ported TB).

Jannety did a dyno comparison (same day, same car) over a year ago of the various intakes that were available for the LLT (no Vararam at the time) and the Injen had the best power and best A/F ratio.

We are also talking about a different engine here. I wasn't saying Injen is not gonna work at all but he dosent want half ass parts and if you read around I think CAI, Roto-Fab, and Vaaram have one the contest, thats all I was saying FreshKicks just wants top of the line products and I gave him what the LFX top of the line products are. I dont know to much about the LLT engine (obviously)

gahammerle 06-14-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 5124155)
We are also talking about a different engine here.

Yes, I am aware of that. My post was just a direct response to a direct question he asked me about mine. :)