Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   CAI options (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305523)

gotz02skate 07-03-2013 11:13 AM

CAI options

Hi fellas have a brand new 13 6speed mt camaro. its about that time to start the mods.. quite frustrated that there is not a big selections of mods headers wise for the lfx... how ever i plan on ordering my intake today.. my question is....

theres so many intakes some claim 11hp increase others claim like 18... ive been looking at the Phastek X5 Cold Air Intake for $319 doesnt have a listed increase..

the other was the Injen Power-Flow Short Ram Cold Air Intake #PF7013P for 319...
also have looked at the k&n for about the same price

can anyone give any input on whether brand/price is going to affect performance?? or is it just personal preference?

i would get a catback but i have gotten a Muffler Delete so that the sound holds me over.( its sounds like a tuner car at high rpms, which i love cause im a fan of imports but until there is 2013 bbk LT headers i most likely wont be touching the exhaust.

thanks fellas

JohnnyBfromPeoria 07-03-2013 11:24 AM

It's not that there isn't a "big selection" of headers for the LFX. There are, and never will be ANY headers for the LFX. It just isn't an option.

Go with a CAI brand intake.

John B.

Apex Motorsports 07-03-2013 11:25 AM

CAI Inc is probably the most popular system around here. It produces solid gains, looks great, and sounds great. Give the thread below a look. There is a lot of good info about air intake systems there.

THE Air Intake Thread

The LFX has integrated exhaust manifolds. They are literally part of the block so there will never be any options for headers. You can get goo results with high flow cats though.

gotz02skate 07-03-2013 11:50 AM

:doh:ouch thats depressing no headers

ill start looking into the highflows then.. my plans were headers ( before i learned this) intake catback and then a tune with ghost cams ...shiet...

alright thanks fellas. ima check out your store.. i like the roto Fab intake can either of you compare it better/worse than the injen or k&n?.

Apex Motorsports 07-03-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotz02skate (Post 6747013)
:doh:ouch thats depressing no headers

ill start looking into the highflows then.. my plans were headers ( before i learned this) intake catback and then a tune with ghost cams ...shiet...

alright thanks fellas. ima check out your store.. i like the roto Fab intake can either of you compare it better/worse than the injen or k&n?.

The Roto-Fab is a good system. Definitely has a lot of customizable options. I would lean that direction over either of the others.

gotz02skate 07-03-2013 11:55 AM

Roger that. Prolly finish reading the intake thread and might order one. cool beans. thanks tons =]