Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   post apex scoop washer relocate paranoia (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337425)

maxx210 01-15-2014 06:36 PM

post apex scoop washer relocate paranoia

Ok, so after having my apex scoop and washer relocate kit for months, I finally got them installed. I wasn't quite sure where to put bottle fill cap port yet, so I just zip tied someplace until I could look at more pics. Anyway, I drove home the 3 miles or so from my father-in-laws shop with the radio off. The engine/under the hood area sounded different. Not sure how to explain it other than "different". Did anyone notice a "different" sound after installing theirs? If not, I am just paranoid and need to keep my radio up like I always do.

When I got home and pulled into the garage. I noticed a smell when I got out of the car. At first I thought it may be burning rubber. Popped the hood, checked all the tubing, looked all in the engine bay. Didn't see burned, melted rubber. Kept getting whiffs of the scent and realized it was just some kind of SOMETHING that got hot smell. Felt all the tubing, hoses etc. Nothing was warm/hot. Now I am thinking maybe a leaf blew in the bay while I was working on the car and that is what the smell was. A hot leaf. I don't know. Can anyone help alleviate my paranoia? Thanks to all that can help. Now I am going to have a bourbon and chill. ;)

Mark114 01-15-2014 07:31 PM

Did you check in the fender well? I assume you removed the tire and inner fender cover to install the scoop and bottle. Maybe something was rubbing underneath? That might account for the smell and sound.

Apex Motorsports 01-15-2014 08:43 PM

It is normal to hear a change in sound due to the extra air flow but there isn't any part of the scoop or washer tank that should be close to something that would be hot.

maxx210 01-16-2014 02:24 PM

Ok, thanks. I checked the cover. I didn't check it thoroughly though. I did notice when I reinstalled the cover, washer bottle pushed on the cover some and had to work at getting all the little snaps in there place toward the front of the cover. Maybe it has pushed it out enough that it is in fact rubbing. I will definately look again when I leave work and let y'all know. Thanks again.

maxx210 01-17-2014 07:12 AM

Ok, so nothing rubbing. No problems or smells since the night I installed everything. Leaning hard toward it being a leaf blown into the engine while I was working. Thanks.

Apex Motorsports 01-28-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxx210 (Post 7344202)
Ok, so nothing rubbing. No problems or smells since the night I installed everything. Leaning hard toward it being a leaf blown into the engine while I was working. Thanks.

Glad it worked itself out. :thumbsup: