Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Any Experience with GM Parts Direct (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344906)

dgriddick 02-28-2014 04:31 AM

Any Experience with GM Parts Direct

I ordered my Heritage grill on 2/23/14. When I go to the order site it still says processing? Is this normal?

I am surprised this has not shipped yet?

trashmanssd 02-28-2014 04:42 AM

Yeah I have had great luck with them its dealer out in northern mid west area. I used to by a lot of parts and accessories for my old Avalanche through them.

el ess A 02-28-2014 04:47 AM

If it's not in stock, and few parts are with them, you will have to wait. You order, then they place their order with the GMSPO warehouse, and then the warehouse ships to Flow Chevrolet, then they sort and package and send to you. It's like ordering from a 3rd party but they don't drop ship. So it takes more time. And God forbid you don't have any part on your order on back order, or the entire shipment waits.

My guess is if it's in the warehouse, you'll see it by the end of next week at the earliest.

As stated in about 10 other threads with using GMpartsdirect....they usually have very good to-your-door-pricing, but not every time so you have to research. Plus, you can't be in a hurry. But in Va beach, once it ships you should see it very shortly.

Email them and see what they say?

hunttriumph1500 02-28-2014 06:25 AM

yup, I have a part I ordered from them a week and half ago, it's still in shipping status not to be here in Vegas until the middle of next week...

Cars and Tea 02-28-2014 07:03 AM

I ordered the cargo net from them.

I plan to order the strut tower brace from them.

halo8hkk 02-28-2014 08:29 AM

i go to the dealer get the part number then order them at parts direct. never had any problems.

sstnt 02-28-2014 10:31 AM

Quality, Price, Time....pick 2.

I've ordered from them before....good quality parts, excellent prices. You sacrifice a little time. But most of the time the part sits in my garage a couple of weeks before my wife gives me....uh, before I have the time to put it in, anyway. :ballchain:;)

strych9 02-28-2014 10:35 AM

I've ordered several items from them, quick delivery, OEM parts, good prices. No issues here.

trashmanssd 02-28-2014 11:16 AM

Yeah I had to get the pump for my Air level ride suspension on my Avalanche and they were half what local dealer wanted. I will gladly wait a week to save 300 bucks.

maddoggyusa 02-28-2014 12:16 PM

I've ordered lots of parts from them... they have unusually high shipping rates but overall price is about the best for GM parts.

BluePhoenix 02-28-2014 05:42 PM

Good company to buy from, you just have to watch their compensating cheap prices with high shipping costs. Sometimes they are the best price even with the compensated shipping cost, sometimes not.

OzzySS 02-28-2014 06:49 PM

i've used them several times. i like them for OEM parts. got 2 yaw sensors and a headlight from them before. i had good price and speed at the time, but they've since increased their shipping/handling to hawaii :(