Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Some Cost Insight (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1811)

theonlyoneleft 10-16-2007 10:34 AM

Some Cost Insight

If you go to www.chevy.com/camaro you can enter in a sweepstakes to GM to win one of 3 bumblebee replica's when the Camaro comes out. Pretty sweet, huh? Well if you go on to read the fine print, you might notice a little about the suggested MSRP :-)

THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES/ARV: 2009 Chevrolet Camaro – Transformers Bumblebee Replica Edition-(ARV/MSRP: $40,000). This replica will be a production-version Camaro modified to resemble the exterior of Bumblebee, as seen in Transformers: The Movie. ... Grand Prize vehicles’ APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV) is based on forecasted 2009 Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of a base model Chevrolet Camaro.

$40,000 seems a little bit higher than we were hoping though... Hopefully it wont be THAT much when all is said and done.

=> EDIT/UPDATE: fbodfather reacts to $40k MSRP figure -- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...7054#post27054

TAG UR IT 10-16-2007 10:46 AM

Uh oh...if it's 40K, Lord help me...there's no way I can afford that much.

I'm thinking that would have to be a super loaded and of course, very limited edition, model.

Thanks, BTW...we signed up!

theonlyoneleft 10-16-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 26914)
Uh oh...if it's 40K, Lord help me...there's no way I can afford that much.

I'm thinking that would have to be a super loaded and of course, very limited edition, model.

Yeah that was my initial thought too... and then I read the "MSRP of a base model Chevrolet Camaro" part about 10 times before I started yelling profanities at my computer. Haha.

I'm hoping maybe the limited edition part of that is implied? Let's hope for the best! I mean... there's not way GM would ACTUALLY price it that high with the Mustang being almost dirt cheap (I guess you pay for what you get though ;) )

Jak 10-16-2007 11:12 AM

Man, I hope it's not gonna be that high. Let's just keep fingers crossed that that's the price for a limited production model. $40k's gonna be way out of my limit.

z28camaro2471 10-16-2007 11:28 AM

No way can that be the base price. The g8 GT is going to base at I think $29,995. The Camaro is coming back out in response to the Mustang's success. They need to stay price competitive. Hell, you can get a base Vette for $45,000.

Good find though!!

Mr. Wyndham 10-16-2007 11:39 AM

You know, I think TAG hit it.
They go on to mention something about accessorys and such...It's more than likely 40,000k for the 'Bumblebee', base.

balonywolf 10-16-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES/ARV: 2009 Chevrolet Camaro – Transformers Bumblebee Replica Edition-(ARV/MSRP: $40,000). This replica will be a production-version Camaro modified to resemble the exterior of Bumblebee, as seen in Transformers: The Movie. Specialty enhancements/design upgrades may not be covered by the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Grand Prize vehicles will not be available for delivery until 2009. Winners must take delivery of vehicle within thirty (30) days of notice of availability from GM-selected dealer near each winner’s residence, and each will be solely responsible for sales tax, registration, license, title and insurance fees and cost of any additional optional equipment not provided with Grand Prize vehicle. Grand Prize vehicles’ APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV) is based on forecasted 2009 Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of a base model Chevrolet Camaro.
What this means is the $40k is the base price plus the cost of the upgrades, plus the perceived value of a limited edition vehicle. If all that is queezed into only $40k, that's a very good deal.

:thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 10-16-2007 12:28 PM

There's just no way...it HAS to be for a base Bumblebee. You know, that little snippit right there realllly worries me for GM. If they go and price a base Camaro (projected) at 40K, God help the Camaro....because it's demise will soon be right around the corner. There's no way GM will be able to sell 100K of these a year at that price.

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that this supposed price is for a base model "Bumblebee Special Edition Camaro" is just that....for a "limited production" edition. Man, does that scare me for GM....and for my chances of picking up a Camaro.

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theonlyoneleft (Post 26912)
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV) is based on forecasted 2009 Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of a base model Chevrolet Camaro.

The $40,000 is based on forecasted MSRP. That means that they took the low 30's number that has been forecasted and went from there. Factor in the paint job (which we already know is expensive), plus all the extras we know will be in there. Add in the collectibility factor and sure, it would be at least 40k. The 40k number is only relevant in terms of taxes. So, anyone who wins this has to pay prize taxes on $40,000. I wouldn't look too much into this when it comes to the pricing of our own Camaros.

TAG UR IT 10-16-2007 12:43 PM

I see the value of a projected BB at WELL over 40K...especially since only 3 will be made! Try 100K...or even more...at the REAL value.

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 12:49 PM

That's probably right, which is why we should be glad that they're using 40k as the price. I think prize taxes are like 30%? I would hate to "win" a Camaro and still have to pay 30k for it. I'd much rather pay 13k.

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 12:58 PM

Now that we can put aside our worries about the cost of the Camaro, this is the part of the official rules that caught my eye:

Quote:

WINNER SELECTION AND VERIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about 1/30/08 from among all eligible entries received. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization. Potential winners will be contacted by the Administrator by telephone and email and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit/Release”) within seven days of receipt. Failure to timely return any required executed documents may cause prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate as solely determined by Sponsor. If prize is refused, a prize notification is returned or deemed undeliverable, or any potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected. Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer a skill-based mathematical question in order to claim prize. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, statements and other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review; and upon request, winners will provide written consent to such use. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Canadians have to prove they have math skills in order to claim a Camaro? Is this standard for all Canadian sweepstakes, or does someone just think Canadians are stupid?

balonywolf 10-16-2007 01:03 PM

I would assume it's just so they can "earn" a prize instead of just winning because they entered.

Pencil.Fight 10-16-2007 01:10 PM

I'm glad I don't live in Canada then. I'd be so excited about winning the drawing, I wouldn't be able to think about Math.

Them: "Congratulations, you've won a 2009 Bumblebee Camaro!"
Me: :eyebulge: "OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG..."
Them: "That's right, it's all yours if you can answer this question."
Me: :eek: "...Camaro, Camaro, Camaro, Camaro..."
Them: "What is 6 times 7?"
Me: ":eyebulge: :eek: "Uhh... Camaro?"
Them: "Ooo, I'm sorry. The correct answer was 42. Better luck next time."
Me: :barf: :flame: :smm7: :slice: :sm4: