Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Transformers to DVD 10-16 - Win a Bumblebee (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2352)

NVMY68SS 09-05-2007 09:50 AM

Transformers to DVD 10-16 - Win a Bumblebee

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=11760

Marketing Support:

Paramount Home Entertainment will support the home video debut of TRANSFORMERS with one of the biggest media campaigns in the division’s history. The multi-million dollar blitz will include television, print, radio and online advertising reaching a four quadrant audience. The expansive campaign also will include a viral marketing program in which fans can go online to customize a message for their friends from OPTIMUS PRIME and send it via telephone or email. In addition, an array of high-impact displays will be deployed to retail locations across the country. Promotional partners including Chevrolet and Hostess will also extend the TRANSFORMERS message to millions of people.

Each TRANSFORMERS DVD will include an insert alerting consumers to Chevrolet's "The Bumblebee Camaro Sweepstakes". Beginning October 17, 2007, fans can enter to win one of three customized Chevy Camaro cars styled after the TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOT BUMBLEBEE at chevy.com/camaro. The sweepstakes also will be promoted with a wide-reaching television, print and online advertising campaign that will further extend the DVD messaging and excitement.

Dark Knight 09-05-2007 10:44 AM

Now that's some marketing right there. That went to DVD awfully fast too! Wonder what the 3 camaro's will have in them as far as engines go?

Pencil.Fight 09-05-2007 11:53 AM

Hmm, you think these Bumblebee Camaros will be released early? or will the lucky winners have to wait until the actual release date, like the rest of us?

Also, will these be actual Camaros, or will they be the "Camaro" from the movie?

MerF 09-05-2007 01:22 PM

Although it would be a bit misleading to own the GTO's that were actually Bumblebee (since they aren't really Camaros/Zeta cars)...just imagine the VALUE of those 3 cars in about 30 years!

Pencil.Fight 09-05-2007 01:39 PM

I think if I were to win a GTmarO, I'd still have to buy a real Camaro come release day.

Hyperknight 09-05-2007 01:43 PM

I can't wait. I'm probably one of the few people who haven't seen the movie yet.....I know, I know.

Urthman 09-05-2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperknight (Post 22201)
I can't wait. I'm probably one of the few people who haven't seen the movie yet.....I know, I know.

Me either, and I've been waiting for the movie for 3 years.

balonywolf 09-05-2007 03:16 PM

Well, seeing as the movie cars were nowhere close to being street legal, I'd say the winners will probably get production vehicles. They may have to wait a long time to take delivery though.

MerF 09-05-2007 03:44 PM

Anything is street legal if it's titled as a kit car.

Pencil.Fight 09-05-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS (Post 22186)
...fans can enter to win one of three customized Chevy Camaro cars styled after the TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOT BUMBLEBEE

It doesn't say you'll be able to drive it. If I'm correct, I believe they used a few GTmarOs in the making of the movie, and I would not be surprised if these were the cars they are offering. Merely as collectors items, not meant to drive around.

Mindz 09-05-2007 04:04 PM

They only built one GTmarO for the movie. They had to be careful with it. The rest was just robot form parts. Only one actual car was used.

Pencil.Fight 09-05-2007 04:15 PM

My mistake. I read so many different things at so many different places, it all starts to run together.

Other Side 09-05-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NVMY68SS (Post 22186)
...one of three customized Chevy Camaro cars...

Customized seems to be the key word. I feel as if it would say "custom made" if they were the GTO Camaros.
Having one would be utter crap though. If you got it early, you would want to drive it, but you would realize it was only 1 of 3, which would discourage almost anyone from driving it any real distance.
I'm curious what the wait on these will be as well.

NVMY68SS 09-05-2007 06:10 PM

Actually, there were (2) GTO Camaros built.....one for the close ups etc that Scott S is traveling with now to different events and one for distance shots. It won't be either one of these though as already mentioned. Some additional reasons are, it probably couldn't get titled even as a kit, since there's no "kits" available, the hoods can't be opened without breaking the windshield wipers off, the doors can't be shut normally as there are no strikers or bumbers and Scott has said several times that they were resin paneled cars that have to be kept out of the sun as much as possible. The hood on the traveling car is warped in several spots. Oh, and the paint is a formula that changes colors depending on the light it's in and don't hold me to it, but I think I heard it mentioned that it was a $10,000 paint job.

Either way, if you could win one of THREE cars built......however they were built.....instant collector's item.....don't worry though, I'm sure they people that win them will be more concerned with how much they can get on eBay rather than being proud to own a part of automotive and movie history.