Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   So I drove a Challenger all day today. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35771)

mmollo 08-04-2009 10:45 PM

So I drove a Challenger all day today.

Today I had to take the Porsche in for its yearly maintenance. They usually give me some sort or Porsche loaner, but today they were all out of cars. They sent me to the Audi dealership next door where there is an Enterprise Rent a Car. The girl says today is your lucky day. We have one car left and it's a Challenger. I said that's cool, I just ordered a Camaro. I will be fun to compare the two. ( Although I've never driven the Camaro )

So as I'm walking up to the Challenger I'm thinking no way is this the V8. I have never looked into one of these cars, just seen them on the road and read the reviews that it's the heaviest and slowest of the three. I did like the exterior styling of the car, but the interior is a joke. It's a plain jane Dodge on the inside. I can't believe they would forget about the interior. It looks like a Dodge 300, not that there's anything wrong with that. I just doesn't compete with the competition, IMO.

As soon as I drove this thing off the lot I could tell I was driving a V6. I was slooow and heavy and rolled from side to side. My wife was so pissed at me by the time we got home because I was trying and trying to get the tires to chirp. It never happened in the 30 miles to the house. When I got home I popped the hood to make sure I was in the V6. I'm sure the V8 is different but this V6 is a dog. After walking around the car in the garage it's just ok on the exterior. The whole car is just blahh.

To me, this just makes the Camaro that more appealing. I have sat in the Camaro, and the two just don't compare.

I guess the point of my story is, that even though a lot of us are still waiting on our Camaro, it's better than driving a Dodge today.

chevyridinghigh 08-04-2009 10:50 PM

Unless your driving the sneaker express

mmollo 08-04-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh (Post 760602)
Unless your driving the sneaker express

Ouch. Looks like your close, hang in there,

JewelZ 08-04-2009 10:53 PM

Yeah bro, I think even the v8 challanger is a joke.

68 RS 08-04-2009 11:00 PM

I bought the Camaro. My buddy bought the Challenger, another bought a 2009 Mustang GT and another bought a 2010 Mustang GT. I drove the Challenger and rode in both Mustangs. I can honestly say the Challenger is the biggest and heaviest of all, you can tell as soon as you drive it. The Mustangs are a dime a dozen and I have never been much of a fan, too many on the rode.

I agree the interior could have had a much better finish, the other thing I notice is that the windshield seems to go on for ever, the dash board msut be 3 feet deep, very disappointed.

FI4T0MCAT 08-04-2009 11:04 PM

do you guys spell road "rode" in canada, or is that just a typo?

SS 376 08-04-2009 11:05 PM

Well, with 250HP trying to move 4100+ lbs., the thing was bound to feel like it was in mud. Can't say I disagree about the interior either... they could've at least given the car a Challenger-specific wheel or something.

68 RS 08-04-2009 11:07 PM

Sorry, "rode in" as took a ride, not referring to the pavement "road"

gold5000000 08-04-2009 11:11 PM

i kid at my high school just had his parents buy him a brand new challenger, it doesnt sound good, and it doesnt seem very fast, the thing that pisses me off is that all the kids in the school think its the shit, i know thats just because that is all they have seen, so i've been working my ass off for a year in the hope that i will have enough saved by spring senior year to show the poor kids at my school what a real muscle car looks, sounds, and performs like haha

FI4T0MCAT 08-04-2009 11:12 PM

no you said there are "too many on the rode"

and back on topic, I totally agree about the interior, when i saw it i was like thats it? The car looks great from the outside, but IMO everything else is a fail.

68 RS 08-04-2009 11:13 PM

Sorry, yes that was a mistake.

FI4T0MCAT 08-04-2009 11:14 PM

it happens to the best of us.

68 RS 08-04-2009 11:17 PM

In your post picture, where did you get that enigine built? I'm looking for a new motor for my 68 RS.

FI4T0MCAT 08-04-2009 11:18 PM

Billy from RPM in garner NC built it while i was deployed. He did a fine job too.