Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   SHOULD CAMARO BUILD THE SEMA 1LE? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200804)

LOWDOWN 02-07-2012 11:07 AM

SHOULD CAMARO BUILD THE SEMA 1LE?

Much discussion has transpired since the 1LE concept was revealed at SEMA '11, last November. Several polls have been launched, here, with all manner of debate regarding the minutiae of content.

As "defining" as those discussions have been, they have also been a cause of concern. Let's "un-muddy" the waters...

Camaro 1LE Concept

Born in the Camaro’s third generation and refined further in the fourth generation as a road-racing performance package, the legendary 1LE option code designation returns to the Camaro as a concept intended to carve up road courses. While only a concept, it borrows production components from both the Camaro SS and forthcoming Camaro ZL1 to deliver a competition-ready package. Hash mark graphics on the front fender are pure Chevrolet racing cues, too.

Vehicle highlights:

- Victory Red exterior color, with flat black hood and hash mark extensions
- Satin black splitter, rocker panels, rear spoiler and outside mirrors
- Sport suspension featuring Magnetic Ride Control
- Electric power steering
- Six-speed manual close-ratio transmission
- Lightweight 20x10-inch (front) and 20x11-inch (rear) racing wheels (satin black)
- Goodyear® Eagle F1 Supercar G asymmetrical tires (from the ZL1)
- Brembo® six-piston front calipers, with two-piece front rotors, and four-piston rear calipers (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
- Dual exhaust outlets with ZL1-style active exhaust and diffuser
- Shock tower brace
- Chevrolet Accessories red engine cover
- Black leather interior with Light Stone stitching
- Graphite Silver door and instrument panel inserts
- ZL1 shifter with Light Stone stitching
- ZL1 flat-bottom steering wheel
- Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit

“The Camaro 1LE concept is all about the track,” said Al Oppenheiser, chief engineer for the Camaro. “It’s an all-out race car package that pays tribute to that special option from the past.”

ONCE AND FOR ALL...please vote now:

YES

or

NO

JusticePete 02-07-2012 11:28 AM

Build it!

MichaelH 02-07-2012 11:33 AM

would this be built on this platform or the next one that comes out?

LOWDOWN 02-07-2012 11:35 AM

This one...and "soon'...

garcmol 02-07-2012 11:40 AM

Yes.

hightower 02-07-2012 11:48 AM

I don't think so. I'd rather see a Z28 first. (wish that had come before the ZL1 actually :iono:)

TaylorRyanSS 02-07-2012 12:18 PM

I voted no. I want to see a mash up of the Leno concept and the SSX with an LS7 and named a Z28. No borrowed ext. parts from the ZL1, it cheapens the look of the ZL1 IMO. Those parts should be exclusive to that car.

Treefrog 02-07-2012 12:21 PM

No Magnoride plz..

A pedders suspesion would be a better option..

PYROLYSIS 02-07-2012 12:43 PM

Yes. The only part I don't like is the graphics which I doubt would make production anyway.

OldJedi 02-07-2012 12:57 PM

I say definitely build this car. Build it with Pedders Coil Overs as standard, right off of the GMPP shelves and have the MR as an option. And offer the Recaro seats as an option as well.

Cam#7 02-07-2012 04:54 PM

If it means diverting Z/28 resources to build this, which it obviously would. I say No.

Aries240SS 02-07-2012 05:10 PM

Agreed. I'd rather see a return of the Z28 than another overpriced "track model" like the 4th gen 1LE.

Fraxum 02-07-2012 08:15 PM

YES

Build it.
Build it.
Build it.
Build it.

Questions:
1. Does it include the stronger diff and axels? Hope so. The other thread said so
2. Can we at least get that graphite color inserts in the seats? The all black is monotonous.
3. Cloth seats maybe? If it's 1SS based it can be cheaper. I'd rather spend money on more power.

FINALLYSATISFIED 02-07-2012 08:17 PM

I voted NO. I'd rather have have a Hotwheels Edition or Leno style type of exterior package if anything.

Or just build the Z/28...