Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Feedback wanted on Delayed/Directional Turn Signals & Brake Lights (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306029)

rickjhouston 07-06-2013 09:23 AM

Feedback wanted on Delayed/Directional Turn Signals & Brake Lights

Have been reading multiple posts and talking to a few folks who have installed Directional / Delayed Turn and Brake light kits. I also saw a post where a clever guy with help from his Dad built his own circuit.

For ease of installation and what looks like a clean water tight installation, I'm leaning toward the Phastek Performance or Afterthough kit. The installation Video looks straight forward enough. I have friend who installed a kit no problem.

My Question(s):
Has anyone had any problem with the Phastek or Afterthought kit?
Any installation issues to be aware of?
Has anyone had the kit installed for any length of time and how's it working?

Many Thanks - RickJHouston

pannhead51 07-06-2013 10:01 AM

I've had it on both our Camaros for 6 months, easy install and no problems ...they look best if you convert your bulbs to LED.

CookieCk 07-07-2013 09:05 AM

I was going to build my own set up for that, but ended up getting the Phastek one as a christmas gift. Installed it in about 10mins, hardest part was getting those plastic tab pieces out to take the drain covers off. I haven't had a single issue with it since december, and I drive 500miles a week, rain or shine.

rickjhouston 07-08-2013 10:57 PM

Thanks to you both (Pannhead 51 & CookieCK) for your feedback. I'm going to get a kit ordered and go for it.

Pannhead - Would you please tell me more about what you did on the LED tail light bulbs? Any issues with the stock electronics on an SS (SS 2)?

Best Regards - RickJHouston

pannhead51 07-09-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickjhouston (Post 6765639)
Thanks to you both (Pannhead 51 & CookieCK) for your feedback. I'm going to get a kit ordered and go for it.

Pannhead - Would you please tell me more about what you did on the LED tail light bulbs? Any issues with the stock electronics on an SS (SS 2)?

Best Regards - RickJHouston

No issues, but you do need to install load resistors for each bulb.

rickjhouston 07-05-2017 08:25 PM

Shorting Phastek Signal/Brake Light Delay when Wet

Have had the Phastek kit installed since the original post above. Whenever it rains hard, I get a fast flashing left hand turn. On inspection, the resin wafer that hold the electronics appears to be cracked. I wrapped it tight with electrical tape and also taped the wafer up high to keep it out of the tail light well drain.

Question: Has anyone else had this issue - the Phastek wafer cracking? If so, what was done to keep them dry and working?

I've recently bought some large diameter shrink tube. Anyone know of any issues with removing my electrical tape and using shrink tube for a water tight barrier? I'm going to tape it up high to avoid any water running through the tail light well once I've shrunk the tube over the resin wafer.....

Thanks & Regards - RickJHouston