Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SLP holds the license for GM aftermarket parts for the 5th Gen Camaro??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103654)

Camarodriver 09-01-2010 01:59 PM

SLP holds the license for GM aftermarket parts for the 5th Gen Camaro???

:help:I don't understand my GM dealer...

I have had a couple of Camaros and love my 2010 2LT that I drive every day. My 3.6 LLT spun a bearing at 6400 Miles and GM is only repairing it, not replacing my engine. That is bad enough, but since it's at the dealer with the engine and tranny pulled out, I asked if I could buy a Hurst shifter for my M6 tranny. They told me that SLP had "exclusive" rights to ALL parts and that because we are in Quebec NO GM performance parts could be ordered...PERIOD. I also asked about the heritage grill and they said NO parts at all. :mad0259::mad0260::help:

Is it true that SLP still holds a exclusive license? I though this ended with the 4th gen Firehawks etc. Can I not order that shifter from another GM dealer and have them put it in while the tranny is down? If anyone wants to see my story, here is the thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101727

Thanks for anything anyone can do.

Eric Black (Camarodriver)

camarodriver@hotmail.com, or PM me via the forums.

Rwarchol 09-01-2010 02:03 PM

You're being lied too.

ViperTomcat 09-01-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarodriver (Post 2286109)
They told me that SLP had "exclusive" rights to ALL parts and that because we are in Quebec NO GM performance parts could be ordered...PERIOD. I also asked about the heritage grill and they said NO parts at all. :mad0259::mad0260::help:

Seriously? :idiot:

Just order the grill and have it installed. I think your dealer is just sending you up the creek because he doesnt want to do anything.

SLP holds the rights to a HURST shifter? GMAFB

SS Mike 09-01-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperTomcat (Post 2286128)
Seriously? :idiot:

Just order the grill and have it installed. I think your dealer is just sending you up the creek because he doesnt want to do anything.

SLP holds the rights to a HURST shifter? GMAFB

Exactly what I was thinking! That is impossible. SLP does not hold any rights of any GM Performance product. They only have the rights to their own products, and are licensed by GM to make and manufacture OEM quality parts using blueprints from GM.

ffrcobra_65 09-01-2010 02:19 PM

the only people telling you the right thing are the people who posted above me thus far. Your dealer is clueless.

Camarodriver 09-01-2010 02:21 PM

I appreciate all your comments thus far, but really would like another GM dealer to chime in. Perhaps FBodfather could point me in the right direction, I sent him a PM hoping he has a moment to help out. Perhaps Newman Chevy could help?

Thanks all!

eB

Russell James 09-01-2010 02:23 PM

I just checked the SLP website. Key word search - Hurst, no results. Not finding a Heritage grille either.

:idiot:

Although, they were correct in that they cannot order a Hurst shifter from GM. I only know of that as a factory installed option for '11. Last I saw it was a possible future accessory.

They could buy a Hurst shifter - aftermarket version - from any number of vendors.

ViperTomcat 09-01-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camarodriver (Post 2286186)
I appreciate all your comments thus far, but really would like another GM dealer to chime in. Perhaps FBodfather could point me in the right direction, I sent him a PM hoping he has a moment to help out. Perhaps Newman Chevy could help?

Thanks all!

eB

Talk to CamaroScotty, great dealer. He's from Wisconsin and has an incredible (and well deserved) reputation in the Camaro community and this site.

BeckyD from Rogers Chevrolet is another fantastic dealer!

They'll get you set straight.

Camarodriver 09-01-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperTomcat (Post 2286229)
Talk to CamaroScotty, great dealer. He's from Wisconsin and has an incredible (and well deserved) reputation in the Camaro community and this site.

Thanks for that, I have already sent some PM's. thanks!

eB

Dack 09-01-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperTomcat (Post 2286229)

Oh boy, Scott's being called to base to bat again!! (I personally love Scott, he's the man for being such a awesome dealer to me...)

SSLarry 09-01-2010 04:08 PM

The closest US dealer to you:

Bil McBride Chevrolet
5101 U.S. Avenue
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
(518) 561-7400

1 hr, 20 mins. 300 kms (187 miles)

http://www.billmcbridechevy.com/

LOWDOWN 09-01-2010 04:15 PM

Heritage Grilles, Hurst Shifters, and anything else in the GM Performance Parts book/website are orderable through any Canadian GM dealer. If yours won't, others will...gladly...