Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   My Camaro Story, 2012 2SS 45th, "Black Widow" (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182244)

hightower 12-07-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1k0 (Post 4129111)
CONGRATS.

Btw name her/him LUCKY SS.

I wanted 111111SS (for 11/11/11) but you have to have more letters than numbers on a personalized plate in GA. :(

s1k0 12-07-2011 05:25 PM

What about, ll11llSS or or 1l1l1lSS

hightower 12-07-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1k0 (Post 4132759)
What about, ll11llSS or or 1l1l1lSS

Good thought but I think the "l"s are uppercase unless I'm mistaken. And besides, I've already ordered a personalized plate entitled: "2SS45TH" :thumbup:

Bromaro 12-08-2011 10:05 PM

Love your story! I subscribed. congrats on the 45th!

hightower 12-08-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bromaro (Post 4139312)
Love your story! I subscribed. congrats on the 45th!

Thanks man! Appreciate the subscription. This might as well be my mod thread as well so I'll update here. I've got a CAI in the mail as well as those HID bulbs waiting on me at home. :thumbup:

Thrillz 12-11-2011 01:48 PM

Great read. Mind i give you some advice from the eyes of a 40 year old man. There will be times it will be tempting to push this car beyond the rules of the road don't do it ever. When your buddies say punch it man just remember there are a lot of soccer moms out there just ignore them. Also do your best to never ever sell it ever as you go through life change's. My dad past away 2 years ago i would love to have kept the trans am he bought me after i graduated high school. Again thanks for the great read. Thrillz.

10CamaroIOM 12-11-2011 02:40 PM

Congrats on the new car! I wish my parents would have made me an offer like that, even for a V6. I gotta admit, the story actually kinda brought a tear to my eye. Enjoy the new ride, and have fun with it!

hightower 12-11-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrillz (Post 4149473)
Great read. Mind i give you some advice from the eyes of a 40 year old man. There will be times it will be tempting to push this car beyond the rules of the road don't do it ever. When your buddies say punch it man just remember there are a lot of soccer moms out there just ignore them. Also do your best to never ever sell it ever as you go through life change's. My dad past away 2 years ago i would love to have kept the trans am he bought me after i graduated high school. Again thanks for the great read. Thrillz.

No worries, I'll be very responsible. I know a few of my buddies who are that reckless type, and I haven't told them I have a camaro yet, haha, nor do I plan to. Even when they do find out and tell me to do a burnout or punch it, I know better than to get myself into trouble.

And I want to hold onto this car forever. I want to drive it 'till it dies, throw another engine, trans, etc. 'till it's literally on it's last leg and then either restore it or store it to restore later. If I ever get into hard times this will not be something I would sell. It's a gift to me and we all know you don't go selling a gift someone gave you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10CamaroIOM (Post 4149637)
Congrats on the new car! I wish my parents would have made me an offer like that, even for a V6. I gotta admit, the story actually kinda brought a tear to my eye. Enjoy the new ride, and have fun with it!

Thanks and I appreciate you reading!

1BADZL1 12-12-2011 01:25 AM

you need to tell your ol man your ready to trade up for a "z"
says "the camaro king"
hehehe

lakersftbl69 12-12-2011 02:19 AM

Congrats

hightower 12-12-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BADZL1 (Post 4151711)
you need to tell your ol man your ready to trade up for a "z"
says "the camaro king"
hehehe

Haha oh I'd love to trade up to a ZL1, but I certainly don't see that happening! I'm not in the same league as the "camaro king" yet so my ZL1 will have to wait! :chevy:

Also my old man doesn't really have the best perspective for modified cars either, like the ZL1 versus a regular 2SS. Back in '68 he left his '68 GTO bone stock. He's just the kinda guy who would leave things as they were. Real old fashioned if I were to put it simply.
He's more of a "it's either a 6 cylinder or V8" kinda guy. :iono:

Which is why I'm sure he'll be hesitant to hear I've ordered a CAI and plan to do a muffler delete. :yikes:

Maybe I can get a z28 in the future? :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakersftbl69 (Post 4151747)
Congrats

Thank you!

hightower 12-27-2011 06:42 PM

Installed some P13W LED DRL bulbs! $43 well worth it!!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2wbwac7.jpg

TJ91 12-28-2011 02:53 AM

Hey man, I didnt even know you had a build thread!

All I have to say is this, your story was heartwarming. Its amazing because this was very similar to my story and you have now inspired me to make my own build thread.

Its amazing to be able to say you drive your dream car, especially one you never thought you would have the privilege of owning.

Because of your thread alone, im going to take my time and make by build thread a story of my life and what the Camaro has done for me.

Awesome thread man!

Dr Jkel 12-28-2011 06:56 AM

Great Story..... It is so funny how a simple vehicle sparks a feeling like this....Like you I LOVE Classics and could never have enough.

Take Care of your wonderful ride and take even better care of the memories you have...........