Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Stock mic utilization (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230044)

Black-Out 06-11-2012 09:42 PM

Stock mic utilization

Hi! New user.. First post here... Been lurking for a while.

Had my car for a little over 3 weeks now, got all of 1000kms on it, and I've started modding already. :)

I've picked up a Pioneer SPH-DA02 head unit, and ordered a Metra install kit (yeah, I saw the Scosche kit after I'd already clicked "buy-it-now"). Totally sucks that I've got the deck, played with it on my test bench.... But can't install it since the install kit is somewhere in the postal system! :mad0260:

Question is; has anyone tried to use the stock microphone, vs installing the one supplied with the deck? I really don't like hanging crap off my mirror (so yeah, disguising the mic as fuzzy dice is RIGHT out!) etc.

Excuse me if this has already been asked. I did search, and couldn't find a definitive answer.

Caddyroger 06-11-2012 11:15 PM

I have yet read any thing about using the factory mic. I have mine hidden behind yhe rear view mirror.
Welcome to Camaro5

Black-Out 06-12-2012 08:31 AM

Well it looks like my package has cleared customs, so i should have it in hand by the weekend! Yay!

The mic breakout point is shown in the wiring diagrams (thanks for the sticky on that!!), so I'll make an adapter to plug into it, and into the Pioneer deck and report back.

Guess it'd be easy enough to hook my scope to the stock mic,and compare its levels to the pioneer one too.... Hmmmm..... I'll post screen shots from the scope if I remember. :)

Sir Nuke 06-12-2012 09:10 AM

Black-Out.....since ya got that all handled.....we can get down to the REAL business at hand....

CONGRATS on the ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a.../NewFridge.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

Black-Out 06-12-2012 09:57 AM

Thanks for welcome. Just grabbed a cold one and put my feet up. :)

If you're wondeng on the user name... The car is pretty obvious (black on black with any chrome slowly disappearing), but since I work in the backup power generation industry... It seemed appropriate.

Sir Nuke 06-12-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black-Out (Post 5112047)
Thanks for welcome. Just grabbed a cold one and put my feet up. :)

If you're wondeng on the user name... The car is pretty obvious (black on black with any chrome slowly disappearing), but since I work in the backup power generation industry... It seemed appropriate.

well if Your wondering....I'm in the FULL TIME Power Generation Industry....I've need working in Nuclear Power for nearly 34 years....hence the name Sir Nuke

Black-Out 09-01-2015 01:32 PM

Hi all.

Since this was my first post, figured I'd make it my 'good bye' post as well.

It's been fun! Appreciate all the help, and hope I've helped some others out.
But, I've been out of work for some months now, and "under-employed" for the 3 years before that. Just couldn't make the payments on the car for nearly 3 MORE years, so last week, was forced to sell it.

It's gone to a good home, where hopefully they'll treat it as I did (or better).

:wave:

Snoman 09-01-2015 02:49 PM

Life is about getting back up and learning new things, hang in there and see you soon : )