Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   The testing of Vmax ICEOLator & ported LLT throttle body (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314373)

Tampa Tuning 09-27-2013 05:24 AM

The throttle body would help with additional pick up and go.

noisemker 12-22-2013 02:33 PM

i will be installing this soon any chance you could post page 6 for me it would be much appriciated

Tampa Tuning 12-22-2013 08:14 PM

Thanks for picking that up. I never noticed I left it out. I added it to post four.

Enjoy
Phil

Tampa Tuning 09-06-2014 07:57 AM

I guess some vendors are sell this combo without install instructions.

I hope this thread helps those guys.

jc615 09-06-2014 10:18 AM

Love this mod still, thanks phil for the help

W4rMach1ne 05-07-2015 11:10 PM

I installed an iceolator . I had two small screws left over where they screws in at a straight line sideways in the back. The back was raised about the height of the iceolator. I am assuming these did not fit because I installed in Iceolator. I went for a spin ( 10 plus minutes) after wards and no CEL.

AITI 05-08-2015 11:25 AM

Best bang for the $ spent IMHO.

rocknroll_jeph 06-29-2015 10:10 PM

I'm interested in getting the ported throttle body and iceolator combo for my 2011 V6. I own the car overseas so I always am very careful before I buy parts for her! I will be back in the states soon and stock up on goodies.

Here are my questions:

I don't want to uninstall my throttle body and bring it back with me, is it possible for me not to return a TB? Also I have a Hotchkiss strut brace, will the addition of the iceolatator be a clearance issue between the top of the engine and the brace?
Are there any specials going on now that I can take advantage of?

Many thanks!

rocknroll_jeph 08-14-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph (Post 8508512)
I'm interested in getting the ported throttle body and iceolator combo for my 2011 V6. I own the car overseas so I always am very careful before I buy parts for her! I will be back in the states soon and stock up on goodies.

Here are my questions:

I don't want to uninstall my throttle body and bring it back with me, is it possible for me not to return a TB? Also I have a Hotchkiss strut brace, will the addition of the iceolatator be a clearance issue between the top of the engine and the brace?
Are there any specials going on now that I can take advantage of?

Many thanks!

I'm going to answer my own question, I went and bought the TB and iceolator and the Hotchkiss strut brace no longer fits. I may try to cut and reweld the tabs to raise the bar if there enough space under the hood. More info when I get around to that, but I don't think there is anyone holding their breath waiting for an answer.

its a syn 08-14-2015 10:07 AM

While at the Fest, a member asked me about the Ice-o-later. I had him put his hand on his manifold and then mine. I'm sure it instantly showed him the difference this makes. I couldn't put my hand on his for more than a second. Held it on mine for as long as I wanted.

Apex Motorsports 08-14-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its a syn (Post 8586230)
While at the Fest, a member asked me about the Ice-o-later. I had him put his hand on his manifold and then mine. I'm sure it instantly showed him the difference this makes. I couldn't put my hand on his for more than a second. Held it on mine for as long as I wanted.

Doesn't get any more plain than that.

flyer08 01-02-2016 11:55 AM

Jen still loves the car and added a CAI. Need to get it on a Dyno again to compare results with it added. Will try for a day in the summer to get similar weather conditions when we are back in Tampa.

Thanks again Phil (Tampa Tuning)

Lil_v6 01-01-2017 12:02 AM

How do you get your manifold that clean

G701LE 01-01-2017 06:55 PM

Do they make them for the v8? Wonder what kind of gains it would make?