Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   BC Racing coilovers (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339125)

orange blaze 01-26-2014 03:30 PM

BC Racing coilovers

Does anyone have these on their Camaro? I noticed a few companies offering them for 995.00. They are the BR series for mostly street driving which is all I do. I thought of lowering springs but for this price would coilovers not be better?

lscamaro 01-26-2014 03:47 PM

A lot of members have these on their cars and love them. If you don't mind spending the money, coilovers will beat drop springs everytime. Also, I'd look in the vendors section to see if maybe they can get u a better deal

Rob@WretchedMS 01-26-2014 04:33 PM

If i can help with the Coilovers let me know,

Maybe i can even work out a package with some bushings or sways for you.

Eddiefuzz 01-26-2014 06:34 PM

$995 for Coil Overs or $200 for springs? Hmmm Value for a daily driver, looks as if the springs are lower in price. I'll tell ya, I'dget a nice set of after market Sway Bars and lowering Springs before I would even think about Coil Overs for my Daily Driver.

Rob@WretchedMS 01-27-2014 12:09 PM

Coilovers will give you a better ride than just springs will, so from a daily driver stand point you will be better off with the coilovers.
If money is the primary concern over all else, then springs will do the trick.

amanc96 01-27-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz (Post 7370064)
$995 for Coil Overs or $200 for springs? Hmmm Value for a daily driver, looks as if the springs are lower in price. I'll tell ya, I'dget a nice set of after market Sway Bars and lowering Springs before I would even think about Coil Overs for my Daily Driver.

I went with springs at first for my daily driver. After a year, I decided to step it up and go with coilovers. Ride comfort and being able to adjust the height exactly how I want it was worth the money.

ModBargains.com 01-27-2014 01:37 PM

Coilovers are going to be significantly better overall than springs, even springs and sway bars. BC's have good quality stuff which is why we have been using them for years. If you're looking for a great price, let me know if we can help out!

caverman 01-27-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz (Post 7370064)

I disagree....

I'm betting you've never run coilovers before. I've been going about 2.5 years on my BC coilovers and I would do it all over again.

If money is an issue then obviously go with some springs but if you can swing the cost then go with a coilover.

Joe@CPR.com 01-27-2014 04:24 PM

We install/sell a lot of BC coil overs and absolutely love them especially for the value. Now if you want to stick w/ springs I would do a set of Pfadt's as they ride extremely well. If you need some prices feel free to give me a shout.

bkscott 01-28-2014 03:44 PM

Nearly 40k on mine, and I still love the look and the ride. new with the amount of miles I drive per day I would not do springs.

I know of one person that did springs, then turned around and bought coilovers.

flong4 01-28-2014 08:07 PM

I'm in the market for the same thing. My question is...what is the difference between the BC vs. ER? When you adjust the ride height, does the car have to be realigned?? Thanks for your time!

Rob@WretchedMS 01-28-2014 08:15 PM

The BR is a fixed ratio (compression and rebound adjust equally)
The ER is double adjustable (compression and rebound adjust separately)

The ER also has external reservoirs while the BR does not.

caverman 01-29-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flong4 (Post 7376344)
I'm in the market for the same thing. My question is...what is the difference between the BC vs. ER? When you adjust the ride height, does the car have to be realigned?? Thanks for your time!

If you stay within about 1/4" height of your last alignment you'll probably be okay. Any height change beyond that an you should time your bushings and align the car. Actually, it's best if you align the car no matter the height. As Pete would say....an alignment is a lot cheaper than new tires.

Witwicky 03-11-2014 12:50 AM

I would be interested in getting a price quoted. thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS (Post 7369736)
If i can help with the Coilovers let me know,

Maybe i can even work out a package with some bushings or sways for you.