Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Shaw AFB/ Ft. Jackson (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274153)

Smokye 01-30-2013 02:47 PM

Shaw AFB/ Ft. Jackson

Seen a bunch of 5th Gen Camaro's in the area. Wondering if any members are stationed at shaw or ft. Jackson or local to the area.

swizlstik 02-01-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokye (Post 6102199)
Seen a bunch of 5th Gen Camaro's in the area. Wondering if any members are stationed at shaw or ft. Jackson or local to the area.

There are a few of us over in Lexington too. :thumbup:

Smokye 02-02-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swizlstik (Post 6110541)
There are a few of us over in Lexington too. :thumbup:

Cool that's not to far from me. I went to fat boys one weekend but didn't see any camaro's.

SUKXOST 02-02-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokye (Post 6102199)

I'll be stationed @ Shaw AFB by August :) What can you tell me about the area? :P

Blk-Ice 02-02-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 6114825)
I'll be stationed @ Shaw AFB by August :) What can you tell me about the area? :P

Get used to going to Columbia SC because there is not much there...lol! :D

Smokye 02-02-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 6114825)

Lol very true shaw is pretty boring. Not much to do ever. But we are driving distance to a lot of good places. Are you Air Force?

Frid 02-02-2013 07:44 PM

I'm with ARCENT at Shaw, and my home is in Lexington which is about 50mins away. Currently deployed. I agree with you about there being quite a few of 5th gens on Shaw lol.

Frid 02-02-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokye (Post 6114963)
Lol very true shaw is pretty boring. Not much to do ever. But we are driving distance to a lot of good places. Are you Air Force?

I am betting he is Army seeing that his location atm is Ft Lee :). You wouldn't happen to be a 91 series MOS would you SUKXOST?

Smokye 02-02-2013 09:19 PM

Haha damn army took over our base... I wanted to move to columbia but that commute every day seemed hellish, and being that I can't drive more than 20miles without being pulled over its best i stay Near shaw..

Frid 02-02-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokye (Post 6115681)
Haha damn army took over our base... I wanted to move to columbia but that commute every day seemed hellish, and being that I can't drive more than 20miles without being pulled over its best i stay Near shaw..

Your guys' rent-a-cops don't like the fact we are there either lol. I would find a place if possible outside of Sumter. You might find your car missing its wheels, or gone completely. That's why I am buying a DD when I get back. They are supposed to be moving us out of the barracks for renovating, but I'm probably gonna start a lease at my parents and stay there. Only 50min drive to and from each day. Not bad.
Are you getting pulled by a trooper? I see at least 4 or 5 people pulled over by the same cop daily outside post on 378 lol.

Smokye 02-03-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frid (Post 6115691)
Your guys' rent-a-cops don't like the fact we are there either lol. I would find a place if possible outside of Sumter. You might find your car missing its wheels, or gone completely. That's why I am buying a DD when I get back. They are supposed to be moving us out of the barracks for renovating, but I'm probably gonna start a lease at my parents and stay there. Only 50min drive to and from each day. Not bad.
Are you getting pulled by a trooper? I see at least 4 or 5 people pulled over by the same cop daily outside post on 378 lol.

Lol yeah I hide my car in my garage at all times. But my neighborhood is fine. I got pulled over a few times on 378 and again in Lexington the local cops here are cool it's the damn troopers. Lol do you know anyone in Lexington that can get rid of a ticket:D

Frid 02-03-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokye (Post 6116997)
Lol yeah I hide my car in my garage at all times. But my neighborhood is fine. I got pulled over a few times on 378 and again in Lexington the local cops here are cool it's the damn troopers. Lol do you know anyone in Lexington that can get rid of a ticket:D

LOL! If you got the ticket in Florence, I could help you out cause my dad works for narcotics in that city. I actually got a ticket in West Columbia for "not obeying a traffic officer". It was night time and the guy jumped out in front of my car and we all know how bad the blind spots are on the driver's side of these cars. His reflective vest was all jacked up and could hardly see it. I stopped about 30 ft away from him but he still decided to cuss at me and give me citations. It later dropped once my dad called the judge about the so called "disobeying" part lol.

SUKXOST 02-03-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokye (Post 6114963)

Army E6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frid (Post 6115378)
I am betting he is Army seeing that his location atm is Ft Lee :). You wouldn't happen to be a 91 series MOS would you SUKXOST?

88N (was a 19D for 10yrs)

Smokye 02-03-2013 11:28 AM

Lol dammit I have court on the 23rd. Lol wtf columbia sucks tho after this last ticket I've been scared to drive to columbia haven't been back since. Knowing me I prob would've hit him