Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   baby on the way... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90737)

bozbot 06-20-2010 11:17 PM

baby on the way...

for those of you who thought this was a thread about me having just ordered my camaro or having it delivered soon, sorry to disappoint.

I am soon going to be a dad. now you may ask why am i posting it in the camaro section as opposed to the off topic section...simple. I am looking to see if there are any people with a baby out there who own only a camaro for their daily driver (sorry but families with two cars dont really help my situation)

if so, is it a good car to have with a baby/kid? my gut says no since it is a "sports car" but part of me feels that is just my mother talking. the other part of me is saying I am trying to justify buying the sports car and I should be getting something more..."Responsible"

thoughts?

edit - and if not, what would be a good car?

Inferno Man 06-20-2010 11:27 PM

Sorry to say this but the safer/smarter thing would be an Honda Odyssey Van. JMHO.......worked great for us for over 10 years and counting......

Grandeos 06-20-2010 11:29 PM

congrats! 25 minutes late... but Happy Father's Day!

I've seen pics of car seats in the new Camaro, so I would assume its do-able. The Camaro is a very safe modern vehicle, so I would not think twice about it. Plus.... dont you want the Camaro to be the first piece of automotive metal in your child's memories??? Perfect way to break in a new baby gearhead!! Goodluck in whatever you decide!

TheCaptain 06-20-2010 11:30 PM

Methinks you might need a 94-96 or 05-09 Impala SS. :drool: Four doors can be fast! :D
Not that the Camaro is awful, but the two door deal gets old fast...

theoneriggs 06-20-2010 11:37 PM

Personally the car seat in and out of the car...i have visions of paint scratches etc. I mean a booster seat is one thing, but a full on newborn car seat would be interesting to say the least. Personally if you still wanted some power id say look for a pontiac g8 or a dodge charger. Both nice 4 door cars with some giddy-up. Good luck on the search and grats on the baby!

mikeSS 06-21-2010 12:07 AM

the car is pretty big. i would go with it. as long as you do not have to deal with snow

wbt 06-21-2010 12:10 AM

G8 GT would be perfect for you. :thumbsup:

SSIN 06-21-2010 12:46 AM

Im doing it and its no big deal. Kids are small and flexable.

guiLT 06-21-2010 01:07 AM

The room in the Camaro is fine for the new born. And congrats on being a soon-to-be dad!

SScattergunSS 06-21-2010 01:08 AM

I don't have any kids, but I did want to congratulate you on your upcoming bundle of joy! :thumbsup:

G10 06-21-2010 01:20 AM

Congrats bud... I just found out a week ago im gonn be a dad too! Id only had my car five days at that point. Im glad i got it before i found out or i might have had to give up on it.

SScattergunSS 06-21-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G10 (Post 2008432)
Congrats bud... I just found out a week ago im gonn be a dad too! Id only had my car five days at that point. Im glad i got it before i found out or i might have had to give up on it.

Hey, Congratulations to you too!!! :thumbup:

VR Code R6P 06-21-2010 01:28 AM

From experience, I would go with some kind of vehicle like a van, that you can get a car seat in EASILY without having to stoop over. You will not like any other choice if you have to bend over with a car seat loaded with an infant, and then have to strap in. When they get a little older, it's better, but still a lot of work. When our children were small, we had Aerostars. Just my 2 cents.

G10 06-21-2010 03:05 AM

Thx Scattergun!