Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Who says you can't beat the big dog? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229841)

lscamaro 06-11-2012 01:56 AM

Who says you can't beat the big dog?

1 Attachment(s)
I didn't know where to put this and felt this forum was appropriate so feel free to move this mods.

So I was at the local drag strip today... When I see an Orange 2011 Camaro SS. I was just gazing at it when the owner comes up to my uncle who owns a white v6, my friend who owns a cgm v6, and me. He starts talking about how his car is supposedly super fast and couldn't be touched by anything. Pretty amusing statement to me. I simply nodded and walked away... Then he came up to our cars. We had the hood open to release some of the heat and he started making fun of us :facepalm:. He looked over all our cars and immediately "found something wrong" with them. He came up to mine and stated that the Vararam was the funniest excuse for an intake ever. He even had the nerve to go over to my uncles car and start talking bad on it. My uncle didn't do anything to him and he still went on to start talking. That made me furious. So the tool that he was, of course he asked my uncle to race. I was furious at this point and my uncle could tell. We all knew my car was the fastest so he told the man to race me. I agreed just to see what would happen. I've seen drivers get nervous and botch the start and figured if something like that would happen it would be hilarious since he was being such a tool.

So we finally get to the starting line and we race. Nope, he ran the car perfectly..... Guess who still won! Me! Guess sometimes karma just comes back and kicks you in the behind. He ran his car perfectly fine and I still beat him! Don't believe me? Time slips are attached.

Safe to say I have never been happy of my "little" v6. Not only that but man I still have a lot of room for improvement with my car! Kinda excited about that.

I'm just so happy I could put that tool in his place when he started disrespecting my uncle.

Who says you can't beat the SS with a v6? :chevy:

BTW: The heat was unbearable! 103 degrees at 10 PM -_- Gotta love that South Texas heat!

J666 06-11-2012 02:01 AM

You talk to the moron after the race?

KnightRiderSS 06-11-2012 02:04 AM

He must have SDS

lscamaro 06-11-2012 02:06 AM

Nope, he drove off and parked far from us... Typical

SVTGOD 06-11-2012 03:35 AM

So let me get this straight, your V6 beat an SS that was driven perfectly?

I call this :bs:or the camaro needs a driver mod.

But then, it depends with how you interpret "he ran the car perfectly"

lscamaro 06-11-2012 04:07 AM

Well yea he might have needed a driver mod. All I know is he had a decent launch, didn't make a mistake once gone and still ended up behind me.

There's the slip, u tell me what u see wrong.

SVTGOD 06-11-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 5104773)
Well yea he might have needed a driver mod. All I know is he had a decent launch, didn't make a mistake once gone and still ended up behind me.

Then in your case, that SS was not ran like the way it should be ran. Definately driver mod needed.

Good kill making him eat his words!

MrandMrsNinja 06-11-2012 05:06 AM

Not to burst your bubble, but a 2.5 60ft and 14.9 is FAR from perfect for a SS. Even a decent driver should be able to get in the 13s. He didnt even trap 100 MPH. Congrats on the kill, but somethin doesn't add up.

GMRULZ 06-11-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Hey man, don`t let anybody give you a hard time, a win is a win, you had the quicker car for that race and maybe more, you earned that win. No excuses. The only thing I would point out is a V8 car w/ a high 2.4 60 foot is spinning pretty badly or he had the traction control on. Thats a horrible 60 foot for a v8 car. When mine was stock I ran consistent low 2.0`s and high 1.9`s. Congrats man, way to shut that dude up!:thumbup:

GretchenGotGrowl 06-11-2012 06:37 AM

Good kill. Both of you had terrible 60' times, so I'm guessing the track prep was pretty bad on top of the bad DA. It will be nice to see what your new mods do for you.

newagemuscle 06-11-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

umm... 2.491 60ft is not a decent launch. Drive mod needed bad.

E.T. 06-11-2012 07:01 AM

The SS guy sounds like a d-bag, so good job spanking him:D

That time is waaaay slow for an SS, though. Was it a stick? Maybe he just put SS badges on it, LOL.

880 06-11-2012 07:26 AM

That guy needs a serious driver mod...

Even without looking at his ET, his trap speed was HORRIBLE.

HumanWiki 06-11-2012 07:34 AM

Congrats for shutting up the toolbox... but.. that SS was running about as well as a two legged cat...