Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Official 2014 Camaro Changes and Updates [List] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285413)

Elykson 03-27-2013 11:07 PM

So, you're saying there's a chance for blue? Get this man a date with those women! LOL

jay_beltran805 03-27-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 6346719)
not the same color.

Hello sir, are we gonna get to see any pictures for the 1LE package soon?:thumbup: hopefully a z28 spoiler :D

68RS 03-27-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 6346695)
....and I need a date with Sandy Bullock and Ivanka Trump..........

If the Z28 comes with a date with Ivanka Trump I'll pre-order now...

Algeron 03-27-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 6343735)
Color HUD. Jealous.

This is the only thing I really want from the '14

LoneCynic 03-27-2013 11:52 PM

The Z28 is above and beyond anything I could have hoped for. Did I misunderstand or are the color choices for it limited? Please tell me I can get the Z28 in Blue Ray Metallic. I won't complain about no other Blue options, just tell me I will be able to at least get it in the one Blue option that is available.

detltu 03-28-2013 12:37 AM

That's terrible news for the ZL1. You get the bad half of the new update. I'm not sure what I will do now. I'm glad Recaros are optional now. The Z28 looks pretty sharp except for the hood.

OC ZL1 03-28-2013 01:08 AM

2014 Z28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurst equipped (Post 6344679)
hum.. i hope they won't get those nasty taillights...:noidea:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 6346719)
not the same color.

There have been many people waiting for the new Z28. I have to say from my opinion the product results are mixed. On the plus side are the mechanical changes: carbon ceramic brake package, lighter wheels, LS7, and recaro seats. Not so good: revised front facia, rear tail lights, rear diffuser, rear spoiler, wheel arch extensions. Far and away the worst new feature is the hood vent. :faint: Props to those who like the new car. On the whole, I am not a fan.:yikes:

I am thrilled that I bought the '13 ZL1. Much classier styling IMO. :noidea: I would have liked the recaro seats as an option!

MikeGstayUp 03-28-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo40oz (Post 6345677)
What was the white exterior on the z28 called? Is that not going to be offered?

I was thinking the same thing. To me it appeared to look like a pearl white....hmmm

SummoneR 03-28-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toehead93 (Post 6346037)
I think the chrome strip is part of the RS package.
The Z28 cannot get the RS package so HID headlights and the LED tail lights are out.
Looking forward to 1LE info and design as well!

I believe he meant as in buying them and swapping them out yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiCEADDiCTBOY (Post 6346228)
So the GFX is discontinued...

...SOOOOOO... What does that mean for us that had it installed part of our car build? How long will they maintain supply? Also, if down the road something happens to the front end - does that mean we can't get it replaced?

It is deleted for the 2014 model only... 2013's will still have them and of course you will be able to buy a replacement. I don't recall the time span but they have to for so many years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 (Post 6346123)
Hmmmm no HID, no LEDs, no cushion in the rear seats, no speakers and heck they even removed the wiring to save a pound. So it’s not going to be easy to retrofit. Did I miss something or couldn’t you always order the Z28 RPO with all trim levels and an automatic?? What about a Z28 Vert?? Finally after waiting for what seemed a lifetime for the Z28 to return it comes in only one limited model flavor… Hmmmm

If they did all that it wouldn't be true to the Z/28 name from what I understand.

Overall I really like the new design. LS7 FTW!!!:happyanim: And a color HUD and DIC finally! :w00t: The rear is growing on me, if I were to buy one it would be a Z/28, I'd swap the tail lights perhaps, and drop in some aftermarket Fog lights.

But I am curious, the photos show a stereo in the Z/28? How does that work if there is only one speaker for the door chime? Speakers would be a nice option like the optional A/C. I want a Z/28, but it does not have to be the lightest thing on the track, if so I could just drop 100 pounds from my waist and call it a day...

JR3 03-28-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS22 (Post 6344737)
No Bright Blue !!!!! When will they listen to us!?!?!?! Im sick of this.

Yep, this has been a problem for Chevy for a while. The guys on the Corvette side have been saying the same thing. Need MORE brighter Blues! The C7 Vette is coming with Laguna Blue so that will kinda help on the Vette side. As for the Camaro they should keep making that Hot Wheels Blue color. That color looks really good.

In a video posted recently on YouTube, Ed Welburn was asked about the boring, darker, greyish colors that GM does so much of and he said they (at GM) feel that buyers want "safe" colors that dont really stand out that much...

Uhhhhh WRONG Mr. Welburn!... I want a color that DOES stand out. Brighter colors, not boring colors.

JR3 03-28-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC6 (Post 6344337)
Hot Wheels Blue is real cool and Inferno Orange is also bada$$, 2013 Camaro is what I'm getting!!! Hot Wheels Blue or Inferno Orange I got until April 19, HELP!!!:smm7::grouphug:

Get that Bad @$$ Hot Wheels Blue . That color looks GREAT.

SummoneR 03-28-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR3 (Post 6347068)
Yep, this has been a problem for Chevy for a while. The guys on the Corvette side have been saying the same thing. Need MORE brighter Blues! The C7 Vette is coming with Laguna Blue so that will kinda help on the Vette side. As for the Camaro they should keep making that Hot Wheels Blue color. That color looks really good.

In a video posted recently on YouTube, Ed Welburn was asked about the boring, darker, greyish colors that GM does so much of and he said they (at GM) feel that buyers want "safe" colors that dont really stand out that much...

Uhhhhh WRONG Mr. Welburn!... I want a color that DOES stand out. Brighter colors, not boring colors.

I gotta agree... maybe safe colors for the Impala or the Buick's... but this is a CAMARO! Bold beautiful, colors should match. Way too many Reds IMO. Ford has plenty of blues... let's get moving Chevy!

If they are revamping the Lansing Grand River plant for the 6th Gen they need to make the color capacity twice that of the Oshawa plant... I mean how much can that add to the overall renovation cost of the plant? Considering the overhauled the Oshawa plant and now this one, they have the money especially for the top selling performance car 3 years running :headbang:

SummoneR 03-28-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR3 (Post 6347079)
Get that Bad @$$ Hot Wheels Blue . That color looks GREAT.

It's Kinetic Blue :D

JR3 03-28-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSkull (Post 6345319)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps61fa9e98.jpg

A comparison pic :) also I can see some orange color in the top pic

The old (or current) rear end looks better than the new version.

The new version looks kind of plain looking on the rear end. The tail lights and back of the trunk sort of look like an old 240sx or something.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...0BVfRbY2LvRoQw

SummoneR 03-28-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR3 (Post 6347096)
The old (or current) rear end looks better than the new version.

The new version looks kind of plain looking on the rear end. The tail lights and back of the trunk sort of look like an old 240sx or something.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...0BVfRbY2LvRoQw

Honda Prelude.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2m5z9cy.jpg
http://rideyourpimp.com/blog/wp-cont...+rear_view.jpg

PYROLYSIS 03-28-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elykson (Post 6346736)
So, you're saying there's a chance for blue? Get this man a date with those women! LOL

I would stalk Miss Bullock until they went on a date if that's what it took. You know, for the good of the site. :)

PYROLYSIS 03-28-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummoneR (Post 6347080)
I gotta agree... maybe safe colors for the Impala or the Buick's... but this is a CAMARO! Bold beautiful, colors should match. Way too many Reds IMO. Ford has plenty of blues... let's get moving Chevy!

If they are revamping the Lansing Grand River plant for the 6th Gen they need to make the color capacity twice that of the Oshawa plant... I mean how much can that add to the overall renovation cost of the plant? Considering the overhauled the Oshawa plant and now this one, they have the money especially for the top selling performance car 3 years running :headbang:

We have asked for a blue until we're blue in the face. If we don't see it now, we aren't getting it. If we're lucky the sixth gen will have an ABM oil fill cap.

JR3 03-28-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v8 (Post 6346101)
I'm glad they left the front end of the ZL1 the same.

I agree.. I like the front end on the current car.

JR3 03-28-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummoneR (Post 6347085)
It's Kinetic Blue :D

Limited also!

Kinda like Synergy Green. Once its gone its gone.

JR3 03-28-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 6347118)
I would stalk Miss Bullock until they went on a date if that's what it took. You know, for the good of the site. :)

Glad your willing to take one for the team :D

Bonemaro 03-28-2013 02:30 AM

I like it all !! Good job GM !! Love the variety of camaro's to choose from if you include '10-present day. I'm not sad to see colors go/change. I like the idea of color specific to the year of the car. Keep up the good work !!

IcePick06 03-28-2013 02:48 AM

I wish some type of green made it to the color lineup...I liked synergy green a lot and IOM was my 2nd choice for my ZL1...sad to see that color go.

I'm hoping the recaros are an option for us '12 and '13 ZL1 guys from aftermarket now. Also would be nice to retrofit the color HUD and DIC just to match the new Corvette in terms of modern looks. I hate the tailights, GM should have just kept the 4 lights and gave them LEDs instead of making them look connected...whoever designed the C7 taillights must have designed these...like the vette everything but the taillights looks good. I'll just get the AAC afterburners on my '12.

Question for Scott: will the Z28 have any suspension changes like the 1LE or just the LS7 is the major performance upgrade?

OUR72GTO 03-28-2013 02:56 AM

First thought when I saw the new tailights.......Chevy Monza.:confused0068:

Not good.:facepalm:

Marsha1 03-28-2013 05:53 AM

I just wish the Z28 would have been talored more for the daily driver, oh well. Still a sweet car.

camarolt76 03-28-2013 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a really good picture of the new tail lights, diffuser, rear spoiler and deck lid. I have to agree with the earlier posts in that it looks a bit plain as compared to the current model. Tail lights shape has just a hint of the mid to late 2nd generation Camaro look to them as well. :pop2: