Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1/9/09 IDL OFFICIAL THREAD - NEWS: PRODUCTION START DELAYED (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11494)

theultimatecamaroman 01-09-2009 10:15 PM

1 Placement of an order with a dealer is not a guarantee of production or delivery. Orders can only be placed through a participating Chevy dealer. Contact your local Chevy dealer for more details.

2 Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.

3 With available automatic transmission. Estimate based on GM testing. EPA estimate not yet available.

4 Always use safety belts and the correct child restraint for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with an active air bag. See the Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.

5 The Bluetooth word mark is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such mark by Chevrolet is under license. Go to gm.com/bluetooth to find out which Bluetooth phones are compatible with the vehicle.

6 Call 1-888-4ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827) or visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.

camarogreg@evs 01-09-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Streak (Post 240735)
I think you EVS guys are a little late to the punch here to have my faith. Scotty has always seemed to be square and this is not something that just started with the preorders and all. I thought the video was almost kind of laughing at us for believing in preodering this car. I take that EVS hasn't sold any preorders or they sold them to customers believing that it was just a marketing survey. I find this hard to believe. Why the so sudden interest now when we have been ordering under the premises that it does mean something, why did you wait till now to come on this forum and post it. To me something stinks here! Maybe I am totally wrong, but I am going to believe that Scotty has been giving us reliable information and from I have seen has led no one down a wrong path. For me this isn't about the delay in production but the V6 to V8 distributions. BTW proportionately speaking small dealers are no dif than big dealers with SS's or not, alot of sales = alot of allocations, not many sales = not many allocations. I am #6 out of 8 with only 2 SS's ordered, me being one! Explain how a bigger dealership with more allocations will get there SS's filled before my dealer get theres filled! If I am correct in my thinking All allotments should be filled approximately same time frame.
There is my 2 cents for what is worth. Prolly not worth that now with inflation and all. Doh!

Sorry for not answering. It's been a long day. Rick and I have not pre-sold any Camaros. It's our policy to not pre-sell anything. Maybe we are late to the party but I've been registered for a while and just watching. I am tired of the mis-representation going on. It has been posted earlier tonight from chevylaunch this pre-order program was no guarantee. We receive phone call after phone call from all over the country asking how the process works. The pre-order just means that GM can gauge the level of interest in the car. It backfired on them. The thought it would be 50/50 and it wasn't. Now it's up to GM to fix. If you were told that your pre-order was a guarantee, you were mislead. I never said Scotty lead anyone down a wrong path. Rick and I are straight shooters and no fluff. There is no consistancy to filing of allocations. If you are the second SS at your dealership, then you should get their second SS. Let's say in the first month your dealer gets one V6 and one V8. The second month they get two V6's, the third month they get a V6 and a V8...who knows. In 2005, Corvettes with a manual transmission were on constraint. If you ordered a stick, it took months and the guy with the automatic got his car first. It will be a month before we know how this will shake out. All I can say is, GM said "slow roll out of V8", the car will be "marketed with the award winning V6". We have been told this from day one. Again, if your dealer did not tell you, you were mislead. Big or small doesn't mean anything when it comes to dealer allocation. ZR1 is a perfect example. Small dealers got cars before big dealers. I have better odds at winning the powerball than figuring out GM's allocation process.

I don't want to upset, ruffle feathers, make enemies etc. Like my wife says, it is what it is. We were not laughing at anyone in the video. This hurts us all. Too many people were mislead with the pre-order fiasco. The video said it all...John Fitzgerald Camaro Marketing Manager said that "sold orders (pre-orders) do not determine allocation". Let's wait until this time next month and we see the first consensus. Hopefully it'll all work out.

Stevo 01-09-2009 10:18 PM

Mustang GT's rejoice; looks like lots of V6 camaros for lunch this coming year!

pharmd 01-09-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by War Eagle (Post 240855)
Guys,

You really need to pay careful attention to what this guys is telling you. You are really going to be pissed when the first two Camaros to your Dealer get sold either on the Internet or to the highest bidder. Your pre orders in the situation we are in do not give you priority unless you are willing to pay, and pay, and pay way over MSRP.

These first V-8 Camaros at most Dealerships will not be sold at MSRP and below, believe me when I tell you this.

Steve

Steve, why can't these people get what your saying? Maybe the dealers are crooks maybe they aren't doesn't matter...those guys tried to come on here and at least shed some light as to what IS going to happen. If they are wrong after coming on here and posting a video for crying out loud, they are cutting their own throat...so me thinks they are telling the truth. Hey, most of us have NO CLUE as to all the ins-and-outs, games and lies that take place in big business (ie GM, Ford, Dodge). I mean, they are doing what they need to do to sell cars...they are desperate, but I can probably believe they do this kind of stuff irregardless of economic pressure.

I'm truly sorry for you guys that put all your eggs in the camaro by april basket. Crap like this happens, its life, get over it. It has screwed up my plans too, I've already been purchasing parts, that will have to set in my garage for how long now??? Someone said earlier, this is what happens when you have to be first....so guess what...this is what happens when you have to be first. It very well could be fleet MPG economy driven, as to the allocation of v-6/v-8, there is alot of stuff us lay people don't know, if this is what it takes to avoid the gas guzzler tax, so be it.

One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life...don't give up on the camaro...be patient.

theultimatecamaroman 01-09-2009 10:26 PM

hey oldtimer. OLDTIMER.

GTAHVIT 01-09-2009 10:27 PM

Thread Summary. Please read.

Well I'd say not bad.

After 28 paged I only have one little thing to warn people about.

Since it doesn't make sense to go deleting posts now, I have one request. Keep the personal ridicule to a minimum. I deleted the links to the vid. If GM wants is down then we will honor that request. It's a professional courtesy. I'm sure everyone will understand.

Dealer's, Please keep your differences limited to PM's We don't sponsor any dealer here at Camaro5. And we don't like it one bit when Dealer's confront eachother here. Regardless of the argument.

Ok on to the good stuff.

I called Greg at EVS and I tried to reach Scotty but my 2yr old daughter had other plans... Long story... Sorry Scotty.

So let me add my thoughts now that I have educated myself.

As of now, GM's market research has told them the V6 is the car that will take the market by storm and increase their market share against the competitor. The competitor in this case is largely made up of imports.

This is the first time That GM has done a Pre Order system like this and as of now the pre order numbers have not been included in the calculation of what the allocation will be to each dealer. Dealers aren't told what the allocation is to protect the consumer from Dealers that may want to Mark Up cars.

Now, This does not mean that allocation won't change to reflect the stark difference in pre order numbers vs GM's initial market research. Greg explained to me that the Malibu had a similar situation where GM pushed and controlled release of the 4Cyl and 6Cyl cars because they believed the 4cyl to be the best car for the market at the time. It became very apparent that they were wrong as 6cyl cars were in high demand and GM adjusted allocation based on the demand from the consumer. No, this was not a pre order scenario like we have with the camaro but I believe it is worth mentioning. It shows that GM does listen.

Now, GM may still be right about the V6. If they want to sell 80,00 cars a year the 8,000 or so pre ordered SS's may not be proportional to what is actually sold when the cars are on the lots. Fbodfather himself has championed the V6 here quite often.

Also GM has consistently said that they want the dealers to focus on the V6 and be realistic about the delays that may happen if they take too many preorders for SS's. Scott has confirmed that there should be no delays in getting you SS's

The delay in SORP. My guess, (no insight just a guess) is along the lines of many others in that they've gotten good feedback from the CTF cars and they want to get those corrections into the real cars before they hit the streets. Including ABL. This makes good sense especially when you consider that initial quality is the foundation for most major automotive awards. I truly believe they want this car to be best in class and to be able to back that up with awards, much like the Malibu.

More speculation: I don't believe that GM will let the V8 order just hang out there and ignore the preorder cry for the V8. I do believe that to what ever degree possible they will answer the demand for the car.

Here is my hope: GM will in fact adjust the allocation, along the lines of what Scotty has posted, to be in line with pre orders.

Summary: GM delayed the car to get it right. Your Dealer should be honest with you about the possible delays in ordering any car. GM should listen to the demand and adjust initial allocation accordingly. It's not the end of the world for SS preorders.

Sorry for the Lord of the Rings post. I have no insight and have gathered this from talking to Greg, listening to Scotty, hearing out Scott, and carefully reading through ever single little post.....

There will probably be another 5 new pages of posts in the time it took me to write this... :laugh:

GTAHVIT 01-09-2009 10:39 PM

Please focus here for now.

A few quick thoughts on the March 16th startup to calm people down...

See Scotts comments.