Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   White Camaro SS IVER spotted on hauler (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6409)

BowtieGuy 08-29-2008 03:35 PM

No offense, but you seem to be more upset than the people whom you are ridiculing?:iono:

tmane'sLtRs 08-29-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 121472)
Dude! No offense but we had this discussion already in an appropriately named thread: I'm confused.

thank you rolnslo i think he's the one who doesnt know what he's talking about. I have been following this site for a very long time i just recently registered.

dayvedayve 08-29-2008 03:45 PM

:thumbdown:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kwik (Post 121433)
hahaha... but man, they're pretty expensive... maybe there will be an option and hopefully they will have a good bargain for them.... otherwise, it'll be the cheap (but not really) rubber, with a cheap inflatation kit for me...

I would think that the SS would get the run flats like the Corvette. That mush HP and Speed is deadly with a blowout and the Runflats are safer tires for sports cars. Now the v6 I think would end up with plain tires. I know the 18's are Bf goodrich traction TA and they are not run flat. Now GM like to put the same tires on similar vehicles and I am just a bit of hope that they wont order but one type for the 20's. Maybe Fbodfather has some insight on this...hint hint and just because others want to know -

V6 true duals or y-pipe? :bow:

or :( 1 in 2 out muffler

HOTCIVIC 08-29-2008 03:48 PM

Scotsman I'm just wondering why you think the fascia is a V6? I'm not aware of any V6's that will have the mail slot, unless I'm totally missing something. No flames intended just wondering.

BowtieGuy 08-29-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayvedayve (Post 121490)
I would think that the SS would get the run flats like the Corvette. That mush HP and Speed is deadly with a blowout and the Runflats are safer tires for sports cars. Now the v6 I think would end up with plain tires. I know the 18's are Bf goodrich traction TA and they are not run flat. Now GM like to put the same tires on similar vehicles and I am just a bit of hope that they wont order but one type for the 20's. Maybe Fbodfather has some insight on this...hint hint and just because others want to know -

V6 true duals or y-pipe? :bow:

To the best of my knowledge the P-Zero's the SS comes with aren't run flats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC (Post 121494)
Scotsman I'm just wondering why you think the fascia is a V6? I'm not aware of any V6's that will have the mail slot, unless I'm totally missing something. No flames intended just wondering.

Several of the pre-pro Camaro V6 models had the mail slot. Like the one all the auto mags tested recently.

HOTCIVIC 08-29-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy (Post 121497)
Several of the pre-pro Camaro V6 models had the mail slot. Like the one all the auto mags tested recently.

Huh didn't know that. Thanks. :wave:

BowtieGuy 08-29-2008 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC (Post 121500)
Huh didn't know that. Thanks. :wave:

No problem, I actually don't know enough about the differences between the V6 and RS front fascia to tell you what the one pictured in this thread is though.

Scotsman 08-29-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC (Post 121494)

This is a moot point to discuss now, now that we know it's indeed a V8. I took a look at some other pics and realized that's a full on SS and NOT a V6. Of course no one here let me come up for air because that's something we just do not do on the internet, especially with as much ego and testosterone floating around on here. :D

supr_bikr_99 08-29-2008 03:58 PM

Hopefully this helps :headbang:

http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/41...600x600Q85.jpg

tribone 08-29-2008 03:59 PM

Nice find. Looks like the Camaro that was spotted in the San Diego Area yesterday. Thanks for the pix. Now i have new wallpaper. :w00t:

dayvedayve 08-29-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy (Post 121496)
To the best of my knowledge the P-Zero's the SS comes with aren't run flats.

Yeah I just looked it up only p-zeros that are run flat come in 18, 17 & 16. Thats too bad:(

rolnslo 08-29-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotsman (Post 121504)
This is a moot point to discuss now, now that we know it's indeed a V8. I took a look at some other pics and realized that's a full on SS and NOT a V6. Of course no one here let me come up for air because that's something we just do not do on the internet, especially with as much ego and testosterone floating around on here. :D

It's not that we didn't let you come up for air, it's just that you kept ripping on everyone that said you were incorrect - before looking at what we were saying. It's over and done with. :respekt:

divvichild 08-29-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayvedayve (Post 121516)
Yeah I just looked it up only p-zeros that are run flat come in 18, 17 & 16. Thats too bad:(

Sry to say it, but you may be wrong. Take a look at the top 4:

http://www.us.pirelli.com/web/catalo...pe=CAR-SUV-VAN

I may be wrong though.

EDIT: Just did some more research. According to the spec manual, the rear SS tires are P275/40ZR20, which ARE runflats. However, the fronts are P245/45ZR20, which are not on the runflat list.

rolnslo 08-29-2008 04:43 PM

Either way, GM said that the Camaro will not receive run flat tires in production.