Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   footwell neon lighting. How to wire to have it come on the other ambient lighting? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53322)

Jakefeb3 11-22-2009 04:31 PM

footwell neon lighting. How to wire to have it come on the other ambient lighting?

footwell neon lighting. How to wire to have it come on the other ambient lighting?

I need help. I read as much as I could. Basically, I dont want to install a new switch just for the new lights. I want to wire the lights so they come on at night with the other interior lighting (like the gauge lights and radio lights and such). If that is too hard, my 2nd choice would be to hook them up to the fog light switch, so they come on when I turn the fog lights on and off. Can someone help me out? Which wires should I connect the new lights to? In the mean while, I will try to study the wiring diagrams more.

Jakefeb3 11-22-2009 08:15 PM

hmmm... I know there have got to be some electrical geniuses on these forums somewhere... Anyone?

FIRECAM 11-22-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakefeb3 (Post 1203319)

I need help. I read as much as I could. Basically, I dont want to install a new switch just for the new lights. I want to wire the lights so they come on at night with the other interior lighting (like the gauge lights and radio lights and such). If that is too hard, my 2nd choice would be to hook them up to the fog light switch, so they come on when I turn the fog lights on and off. Can someone help me out? Which wires should I connect the new lights to? In the mean while, I will try to study the wiring diagrams more.

Hi not sure how much amps neon draws but I just put some led's low amp draw. In the footwell I ran the wire over to the fuse box on the drivers side of dash. Grounded to the dash mount then I put a spade terminal under the fuse for the steerwheel lighting fuse. Was not sure how would work but works awesome. Even dims with the dash lights at night. Try that let me know how it works for you.

sherifdude 11-22-2009 08:34 PM

footwell neon lighting

you run a wire to your dome light. doors open lights come on :thumbup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakefeb3 (Post 1203319)

Jakefeb3 11-22-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherifdude (Post 1204485)
you run a wire to your dome light. doors open lights come on :thumbup:

I want them to stay on while I ride. But I want them to be on only when its dark, like the lights on the gauges and such

Rookie13 11-22-2009 08:47 PM

...yup as said above, any spade terminal on a hot wire that leads to a "Dash Resident" bulb will provide the service you seek.

Always use a test light first! Good luck.

Jakefeb3 11-22-2009 09:32 PM

@Rookie. thanks for clearing things up