Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 Camaro5 Fest (I) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Let's just have more regional events..... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81605)

2010Bill 05-05-2010 05:53 PM

Let's just have more regional events.....

Finally.....somebody has figured it out!:happyanim:

http://www.good-guys.com/PDF/GG_Schedule10.pdf

Let each region of the United States host their own FEST dates (with the scheduling help of the camoro5 staff). I'm sure there would not be a shortage of sponsors throughout the entire country.

I mean, that's what vacations are all about, right? You'll have the opportunity to attend your 'local' fest and then if you want to attend another one, GUESS WHAT? , it's already on the schedule.:clap:

Let's have a Fest every month.....just in different locations!

More Locations= more Camaros= more participants=more fun!

Bill
Frisco, TX
:thumbup:

PoorMansCamaro 05-05-2010 05:58 PM

Problem with that is people will just have the attitude of, "meh, i'll just go next month." and the outcome will be less as time goes on. I'm pretty sure some regions already have some kind of get together/cruise that they set up.

Timberline 05-05-2010 06:03 PM

I agree with you 2010Bill, If I remember right C5F started out as a South East region event and took on a life of its own.

2010Bill 05-05-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 1811044)
Problem with that is people will just have the attitude of, "meh, i'll just go next month." and the outcome will be less as time goes on. I'm pretty sure some regions already have some kind of get together/cruise that they set up.

Good point. BUT, we could start out by having regional events. For example: April and October events. Then expand to: April, July, and October events. Then eventually: January, April, July, October. I would anticipate that attendance would be great in numbers, no matter where it's held (think regional, OK?)

There will be over 120,000 first year Camaro owners. That's a lot of regional participation.

Good-Guys can't be that wrong with their model.

PoorMansCamaro 05-05-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010Bill (Post 1811063)
Good point. BUT, we could start out by having regional events. For example: April and October events. Then expand to: April, July, and October events. Then eventually: January, April, July, October. I would anticipate that attendance would be great in numbers, no matter where it's held (think regional, OK?)

There will be over 120,000 first year Camaro owners. That's a lot of regional participation.

Good-Guys can't be that wrong with their model.

yeah, it could work, as a regional thing. When you said monthy, i thought you meant 12 times a year. I think it might work to have one a few times a year, maybe 3.

also, that good-guys model includes more than just one kind of car. you talk about 120,000 first year camaros vs. millions of other kinds of cars the good-guys target.

guiLT 05-05-2010 09:55 PM

It's a good idea. But I don't think it would be a good idea to do it EVERY month.

Camaro Freak 05-06-2010 08:14 PM

Regional Camaro5 Fest sounds great. That way everyone could attend at least one through out the country. Its a win-win for everyone.

Camaro Freak 05-06-2010 08:29 PM

Camaro5fest Regionals for 2011

Hey all,

Just got this idea from another post in this section. I say we have four regional Camaro5fest. One in each region of the US. That way everyone will have a chance to attend and enjoy. I really don't think vendor shortages would be a problem with the popularity of the Camaro. That way we could do one in its original location of Valdosta Ga for the East, maybe Texas for the South, California for the West and lets say Minnasota for the North. Dates could be spread out like January for the South, April for the East, July for the North, and October for the West. That way if you could afford to, you could take in more than one. But at least everyone would have a chance to attend. I think IMO that this will please the overall majority of Camro5 members. Hope everyone will get on board and help out in there region. I personally will volunteer to help in anyway I am needed. What do you think??:chevy:

topgun1 05-06-2010 08:58 PM

sounds good to me!

chozn4service 05-06-2010 09:08 PM

I like this idea. I know when I was with the elementownersclub.com we had a meet where the Element was made, East Liberty, Ohio and the first meet was there, next year it was in St. Louis, the year in Vegas (hot as hell! The devil was seen standing in the shade sweating!) and then back in Ohio. Everyone wanted to be there but those in Cali and eastcoast had problems trying to get to Ohio. In 2008 we did regionals as well. They were all held at the same time though. I do like the idea of holding them per region so more people can participate. Thumbs up on this one!

Donked 05-06-2010 09:20 PM

Wouldn't that segregate the boards? People wouldn't have the motivation to go to anything far away because they'd know that in a few months there would be one closer. People in Philly wouldn't make it down to say valdosta if we have it there again because in 3-9 months there'll be one in their back yard. It would cut down on the epic caravans and my guess is would also lower attendance for each fest.

2010Bill 05-06-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro Freak (Post 1816170)
Hey all,

Just got this idea from another post in this section. I say we have four regional Camaro5fest. One in each region of the US. That way everyone will have a chance to attend and enjoy. I really don't think vendor shortages would be a problem with the popularity of the Camaro. That way we could do one in its original location of Valdosta Ga for the East, maybe Texas for the South, California for the West and lets say Minnasota for the North. Dates could be spread out like January for the South, April for the East, July for the North, and October for the West. That way if you could afford to, you could take in more than one. But at least everyone would have a chance to attend. I think IMO that this will please the overall majority of Camro5 members. Hope everyone will get on board and help out in there region. I personally will volunteer to help in anyway I am needed. What do you think??:chevy:

Brilliant minds think alike, huh?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81605

Let's get the ball, I mean tires, rolling ! ! ! !:happyanim:

Camaro Freak 05-06-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010Bill (Post 1816725)
Brilliant minds think alike, huh?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81605

Let's get the ball, I mean tires, rolling ! ! ! !:happyanim:

I agree!! This way everybody wins and can enjoy the beauty of Camaro5fest!!:w00t:

2010Bill 05-06-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donked (Post 1816380)
Wouldn't that segregate the boards? People wouldn't have the motivation to go to anything far away because they'd know that in a few months there would be one closer. People in Philly wouldn't make it down to say valdosta if we have it there again because in 3-9 months there'll be one in their back yard. It would cut down on the epic caravans and my guess is would also lower attendance for each fest.

I don't know the official numbers for the first event, but what if four regional events brought in 500-750 cars each?

More Locations= More Camaros= More Participants=MORE FUN!

:thumbsup: