Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Videos of Camaro SS V8 at startup and revving! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10982)

SSmoke 12-28-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSmoked (Post 226477)
lol its my brother in flordia. sweet username. hehehe i wish that was my name.

vids were good. the deep growl of the exhaust is wonderful. i cant wait till i have the opportunity to sit in the camaro and turn the key for the first time.

lol....good to meet ya brother! Trust me I know the video doesn't do it justice...I've heard all the sound clips from the Indy start up and and the other youtube vids out there, but hearing it in person is really what will seal the deal for everyone. I was very impressed with the car through and through.

FirstLSK 12-28-2008 10:22 AM

In your opinion, how did it sound (in person) compared to a mustang or Challenger?

SSmoke 12-28-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstLSK (Post 226984)
In your opinion, how did it sound (in person) compared to a mustang or Challenger?

So I've always loved the old 5.0 mustang w/flowmasters sound but I can honestly say that the Camaro is by far a nicer note. Personally I haven't heard the Challenger srt8/rt running so I couldn't tell ya. I wasn't impressed with the Challenger because I really think they only took it half way- retro'd the outside and threw the interior of a late model charger in a 2 door.

As for the Camaro, I like the tone, nice low rumble and growl when you throttle it. Honestly- they did a great job.

I agree with everyone else that I can't wait to hear it when you put a load on it. I hope that another member catches up with Heather or another test car and gets this on video to post (something like the v6 post from earlier today would be awesome)

OldTimer 12-28-2008 06:41 PM

I hear more background noise then engine or exhaust sound. Thanks for the video, but, I don't think it does justice to what we are really going to get/hear.

TLSTWIN 12-28-2008 07:35 PM

Ok, now we need heatherR and her husband to take note of the new video of the V6. That is the type of audio and video file we want to see and hear from the SS cars.

One Mean Chevy 12-28-2008 09:54 PM

New Camaro V6 Starting and Revving Video!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspeak32 (Post 226513)
Wow that sounds great!!

Question, has there been a recent video of the V6 revving/running? All the ones I have found are a few months old and I don't know if that is the final "sound" or not. I kinda hope that is NOT their final sound...a little too raspy I think.
There's no way I will be able to afford a SS, will be going with a 2LT. After hearing how the SS sounds I don't know if I will be totally satisfied with the LT, so I'm hoping their pitch has changed...
Can anybody lend me some info?

Check this out:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11006

^^Not bad at all, for a V6.

The_Blur 12-28-2008 10:19 PM

:drool: I love the sound of that V8. :clap: GM performed perfectly. This thing is amazing in every way.

EllwynX 12-28-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTimer (Post 227259)
I hear more background noise then engine or exhaust sound.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I can't see what all the excitement's about since the background noise far outweighs exhaust sound...

Kevin L 12-29-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emher (Post 226472)
Why does it seem like almost no audiophiles go to see this car. I mean seriously, bring a proper microphone sometime! :/

If we can get one here in So. Cal. I can record proper audio. As a proffesional sound mixer I have the equipment to do it. I'll use my Sennhieser 416 shotgun mic and it'll sound sweeeet!

If anyone at GM is in here go ahead and send a car my way.:wave:

Zeus95 12-29-2008 06:44 AM

Sounded Good to me !! Can't wait to add the cat-back and cold air intake and shorties.
Getting Super Excited !!!

rico-2SS 12-29-2008 11:19 AM

:headbang:thats cool

Kyle2k 12-29-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Master (Post 226914)
The SRT8 sounds so better seriously, is that the best GM could do with the stock exhaust:thumbdown:, can't wait for aftermarket

They should sound relatively the same considering Chrysler practically copied the design.

Jamey 12-29-2008 11:30 AM

I see you're in Cape Coral. Is the car in your video running around SW Fla somewhere? Where was the video taken? I heard third-hand that there was one around.

UCF w00t 12-29-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamey (Post 227997)
I see you're in Cape Coral. Is the car in your video running around SW Fla somewhere? Where was the video taken? I heard third-hand that there was one around.

It's spending time between Naples and Marco Island.