Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How rare is beige (AFH) Leather (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58792)

OUR72GTO 12-31-2009 10:55 PM

How rare is beige (AFH) Leather

When we pre ordered our 2010 CAMARO our dealer refused to order our color SIM with the Beige leather.

He said it would look terrible, and if we refused the car (when we saw how bad it was ) he would never be able to sell the car. We tried to educate him that the only surfaces that would be beige would be the seat tops and all other items will be black. He still could not wrap his head around it so we gave him a non refundable deposit.

When the car arrived after 5 deferred TPW he loved it. We love it as it has black carpets instead of gray.

We have not seen another with AFH so how many more ordered it outside of the recommended combination with Red Jewel Tint.?

SIM 2LT RS Beige 6MAN Sunroof VRU Car cover KO5 Block Heater.

Who else defied the order desk? :thumbup:

mike12345 12-31-2009 11:53 PM

Nobody said anything to me.

I was home when there werent any camaros arround. I only got to look at two in person to base my decisions off of.

I went all black interior, can't go wrong there. The leather seats sucked IMO, they are hard and will be too hot during the summer or freezing in winter.

cyberbro 01-01-2010 12:12 AM

If GM thought it looked that bad you would not be able to order it.

Like you can't order Aqua blue Metallic with the Inferno Orange Interior.

The Dealer is a dope!

VChula 01-01-2010 02:23 AM

I ordered my Aqua Blue with the Beige Leather without comments from the order desk..

iluvmy67camaro 01-01-2010 03:17 AM

I don't call mine beige, I call it Black and Tan and it came with my Red Jewel and it looks absolutely beautiful... check out my pictures.

I didn't pre order my Camaro because:

1. I didn't want to wait forever for it to come in.
2. I didn't want to second guess my decision.
3. (and most important) my local dealership, Bill Heard, went belly up about a week or so before I could have ordered my Camaro anyway.

It all worked out in the end. I got the car of my dreams.

skuttduck 01-01-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberbro (Post 1337313)
If GM thought it looked that bad you would not be able to order it.

Like you can't order Aqua blue Metallic with the Inferno Orange Interior.

The Dealer is a dope!

You can't order RJT with the Inferno Orange Interior as well. But I don't understand the Aqua Blue and no IOM interior.

Blue and Orange make quite the contrast, as they are opposites on the color wheel. Red and Green as well as Purple and Yellow are the other two that are often seen in design elements.

I guess I should see if you could get Inferno Orange with Imperial Blue, as that would be pretty sharp.

cschmidt1956 01-01-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike12345 (Post 1337287)
I went all black interior, can't go wrong there. The leather seats sucked IMO, they are hard and will be too hot during the summer or freezing in winter.

Now My Saturn Astra XR3 had HARD Seats. Very supportive and very European in shape and firmness. They were fine for me, but the wife disliked them due to that.

In the Camaro, we BOTH love the seats. A bit wider than the Saturn seats and the Leather is darn near glove soft, almost like the leather in some Cadillacs. And with Seat heaters, they are so much better!

Sir Nuke 01-01-2010 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
GTo shot me a PM yesterday and ask this ? as he is in Canada and was wondering how his combo stacked up in the US vs. Canada. His combo is quite unique, there is only 1 in the U.S. according to the squirrel. and a total of 2112 cars with Beige as the interior in any combo.

Attachment 83599

Bert 01-01-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvmy67camaro (Post 1337515)
I don't call mine beige, I call it Black and Tan and it came with my Red Jewel and it looks absolutely beautiful... check out my pictures. . . . .

I would like to see what that looks like because I am considering that color combo; where are your pictures?

a6pk2go 01-01-2010 10:43 AM

I had to do it.

:needpics:

gold5000000 01-01-2010 04:57 PM

i'd say its rare, i know a guy who ordered his VR with the beige, not really my thing but still a nice car

Captain Awesome 01-01-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike12345 (Post 1337287)
Nobody said anything to me.

I was home when there werent any camaros arround. I only got to look at two in person to base my decisions off of.

They have built in warmers.

iluvmy67camaro 01-01-2010 09:49 PM

You can go check out my photo album "My Red Jewel". I just uploaded another picture of the interior for you that shows the RJT and the Black and Tan interior. I'm going to try to post the picture's up right here with the links, haven't had luck with it yet but here goes.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=13998

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=11234

I love it and get lots of completments about it and I don't think you would be disappointed with it. It's very elegent and sporty at the same time. Can't go wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert (Post 1337825)
I would like to see what that looks like because I am considering that color combo; where are your pictures?

OUR72GTO 01-01-2010 10:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
:wave: