Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   SLP Loudmouth vs MRT Axleback (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316979)

jaeatmon 09-07-2013 05:43 PM

SLP Loudmouth vs MRT Axleback

I've decided to put an exhaust system on my 2012 Camaro 2LT RS. I've listened to plenty of youtube videos and read on many different companies and their exhausts. Im not going to get a catback system, and the LFX engine cant have headers so I'm just going for a good set of mufflers. Currently, I've narrowed it down to the SLP Loudmouth I or II or the MRT axleback v1 or v2. Please tell me your opinion on which one I should get. Put in as much detail as possible. Which one is louder? Which one is deeper? Which one just sounds better? etc

13blackLS 09-07-2013 06:06 PM

I have the mrt v1on mine...i like it...it sounds like an import exhaust to be honest...rumbles loud on cold start...once it idles down its louder than stock but not crazy...driving around normally its like hearing a 350z with an exhaust..lol...i get a good amount of drone inside but it doesnt bother me....at wot it gets a little throaty/bubbly sounding as well as right before it shifts ( i have an auto)...but it sounds good enough for me and everyone i know says it sounds nice...

skibik 09-08-2013 11:18 AM

I have the MRT V2.0 and I love them and can't comment on the other exhausts listed. I listened to all the clips I could find also and I just come to the conclusion that the V2's were the ones and I have not regretted it yet. It is quiet enough cruising and sounds mean when I get on it. It has a low tone idling and doesn't sound raspy when I get on it. I have added Solo HFC's which added a slightly deeper tone and sounds more aggressive when I get on it. There is a clip of my exhaust on my build thread but it is not very good and doesn't do it justice at all.

Dean. :nod:

tmath23 09-08-2013 11:43 AM

I love my MRT 2.0. I think its the deepest, cleanest sound for the $. I like to think of the sound more like a Lamborghini or Ferrari type sound (high end sports car not so much muscle car sound like you'd get from a V8) but I like it for what it is. Just my 2 cents.

stray bullitt 09-08-2013 12:15 PM

Yeah, I think the MRT v2 sounds as good as you're going to get from a V6. Not too obtrusive to the neighbourhood, but nice and sporty when you're out on the open road, without excessive cabin drone.

Kessler 09-08-2013 01:42 PM

I chose MRT v1 for the loud startup. And before putting them on the car, I added j-pipes. I never even heard the drone. I can drive quiet if needed, or step on it to make a raucous. I don't like WOT, but I don't drive there that often. I am happy with my decision, no regrets.

Thanks Chase. ;-)

sliver 09-08-2013 05:50 PM

is the mrt v2 drone bad ? I am also getting ready for an axel back...right now im leaning towards a borla just because i hear there is minimum drone.

13BlackCamaroSS 09-08-2013 08:49 PM

Slp lm1 will be the loudest and personally sound the best and since you said your not doing a catback, it would be perfect.

Tmick5jr 09-08-2013 09:08 PM

look into the dynomax axle back. trust me. sounds better than all of the ones you just listed. its loud and throaty. no drone and has nice 4 inch tips. best exhaust out there. dont listen to these mrt guys

CamaroGang_BANGBANG 09-09-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmick5jr (Post 6986428)
look into the dynomax axle back. trust me. sounds better than all of the ones you just listed. its loud and throaty. no drone and has nice 4 inch tips. best exhaust out there. dont listen to these mrt guys

Everyone have different opinions on axlebacks. Ur entitled to urs too but don't bash everyone who supports MRT.

To the OP, I have an mrt 1 and loved it since I put it on my car. I have no regrets and for the price it was well worth it. At the end of the day, its ur car so go with wat u want. Good luck

Angrybird 12 09-20-2013 05:43 PM

I love my MRT V2 no matter what anyone else says about them...

Bigcros 09-23-2013 03:58 PM

I love my LM2's, but it comes down to personal opinion

Angrybird 12 09-23-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliver (Post 6985728)
is the mrt v2 drone bad ? I am also getting ready for an axel back...right now im leaning towards a borla just because i hear there is minimum drone.

I thought it was horrible when I first put them on, I thought "Oh God! What have I done", But now I hardly notice any drone at all, I have probably put a couple thousand miles on mine now. I say don't judge the MRT drone until after you have lived wI thought it was horrible when I first put them on, I thought "Oh God! What have I done", But now I hardly notice any drone at all, I have probably put about 6 thousand miles on mine now. I say don't judge the MRT drone until after you have lived with them a while..
Another acceleration clip.
[u2b]LPPuTwKSqyI[/u2bith them a while..
Another acceleration clip.

jaysanti 09-23-2013 08:12 PM

Mrt v2 is a popular axelback for camaro v6

i personally have the slp lm2 and i love it, added nice deep tone to my car aswell

Take some time to listen to different setups on youtube,it all comes down to your opinion really

keep in mind,Any mod makes a camaro great!