Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   4th Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   I think my car is possessed (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173983)

Chevyg1rl 09-28-2011 09:12 PM

I think my car is possessed

My 2001 Z28: earlier this year my DS window started messing with me, wouldn't always go up and I figured it was the switch. Down was never a problem and I haven't fixed it yet. Couple months ago, my PS doorlock started acting nutty. It doesn't always unlock whether I hit the remote or either of the the car switches. Lately when I shut the car off, all of the electrical disengages. The radio shuts off and I have to turn the key to put my windows up. Today, I hopped in the car, started it up, shut the door and the radio shut off and neither of my windows would go down. I opened and shut the door again, the radio came on and my window switches worked.

Am I at the beginning of some sort of major electrical problem or did Christine befriend my baby? :iono:

dmginc 09-28-2011 09:15 PM

was there a love song playing on the radio when it came back on? that would be freaky...

cowboy1948 09-28-2011 09:18 PM

Got a short some where inthe wireing. :chevy:At least that is what it sounds like to me. :iono:

Chevyg1rl 09-28-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmginc (Post 3816475)
was there a love song playing on the radio when it came back on? that would be freaky...

LOL - bummer, I wasn't paying attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboy1948 (Post 3816487)
Got a short some where inthe wireing. :chevy:At least that is what it sounds like to me. :iono:

Think the dealer could find it or am I going to pay through the ass to get this figured out? This car is killing me this year in repairs.

cowboy1948 09-28-2011 09:33 PM

When it comes to findin a short in the wiring of a car. I would not know where to start. I would do this, take the door panels off and check the wiring in there. After that I have no idea. Mabe some one on here will jump in and know more. I woked on jet aircraft in the navy. Things would happen, we do every thing the book said to do, and that would not fix the problem Then it would just go away. And not show up again. Talk about paper work for that to explain. :facepalm::yikes:

KDInTheWind63 09-28-2011 09:43 PM

Check battery connections in trunk that fixed my wifes electrical problem but i don't know if it will fix yours. If still under warranty have dealer look into it.

xXSilencerXx 09-28-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDInTheWind63 (Post 3816678)
Check battery connections in trunk that fixed my wifes electrical problem but i don't know if it will fix yours. If still under warranty have dealer look into it.

4th gen :laugh: Battery is up front. :thumbsup:

cowboy1948 09-28-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDInTheWind63 (Post 3816678)

It is a 2001 camaro he is taking about.:chevy:

Chevyg1rl 09-28-2011 10:16 PM

I'll check the battery connections - under the hood - that's a good idea. Thanks! I'm not looking forward to taking the doors apart but the speakers are blown so looks like I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Revo1 10-09-2011 04:37 AM

My Z28 had a weird tick kinda like this- if it rained, or I happened to run over a larger-than-normal bump in the road, the radio and the windows would short out. Nothing else, just the radio and the windows. Ended up selling the car before I could identify the problem... :/

Chevyg1rl 10-10-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo1 (Post 3860173)
My Z28 had a weird tick kinda like this- if it rained, or I happened to run over a larger-than-normal bump in the road, the radio and the windows would short out. Nothing else, just the radio and the windows. Ended up selling the car before I could identify the problem... :/

I was waiting for you to chime in. I thought for sure you'd have the answer, oh well :(

Chrisrp454 10-11-2011 08:33 AM

98Z28(248,000 miles shooting for 250,000!)
never had any of these kind a issues, just the motor going out on the driver's side. Maybe its trying to transform?
:)

MMC 10-11-2011 10:34 AM

Trust me its not a short, this would cause a fuse to open and you would never have power. This is an intermittant problem and may be a connector block not pushed together or vibrating loose at times. I'm assuming you are talking about RAP power for things and these are most likely controlled by a relay controlled by the BCM. Start just checking the weatherpak connections on the car and see if they are all tight or maybe seat a little better. I once had a truck that had a loose pin on the firewall bulkhead connector and when ever it got cold the truck would not start. The dealer gave up but I found it. :chevy:

Chevyg1rl 10-11-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisrp454 (Post 3868008)
Maybe its trying to transform?
:)

LOL! Yeah, it's in competition for my attention since I got the SS

MMC - thanks! I'll look into that