Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Magnuson TVS 2300 purchase! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304245)

11syn3rgy 06-26-2013 06:38 PM

Magnuson TVS 2300 purchase!

Hey guys,

I just purchased a new Magnuson (or "Maggie" as you guys call it) TVS 2300 and I am really excited! I've wanted one forever and I finally pulled the trigger. NICE!!!

The reason for the post was to ask some advice on fuel injectors and BAP requirements with my current set-up. I already have LT headers, high-flow cats, Borla S-type axle back and a SCT tuner from Jannetty. I'm well aware that Ted will need to upgrade my tune, but looking for advice on anything that I might be missing? This blower should give me plenty of room to grow, but to be honest, I "think" I will be more than happy with the additional 120HP(?) that she should generate in "stock" form! Who knows? I really don't want to go crazy with HUGE injectors since I really think this will be all I need for quite a while. Not looking to make her a beast, just a killer street car, with the occasional drag strip thrown in for fun.

Any advice is much appreciated. There's NO WAY I'm going to sleep tonight anyways! HA!!!! I fell like a little kid at Christmas. ;)

Thanks!
John

Supercharged SS 06-26-2013 06:47 PM

If you stick with the stock pulley, 3.8, you don't need either a bap or injectors. I believe you can even bump up to the 3.6 and be fine.

You're in gd hands with Ted. If you are approaching an area where the mods are necessary he will let you know. He won't let you drive around unsafe.

Gd luck!!:thumb:

11syn3rgy 06-26-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6720142)
If you stick with the stock pulley, 3.8, you don't need either a bap or injectors. I believe you can even bump up to the 3.6 and be fine.

You're in gd hands with Ted. If you are approaching an area where the mods are necessary he will let you know. He won't let you drive around unsafe.

Gd luck!!:thumb:

I appreciate that. That's what is interesting. Ted recommended that I install 80lb injectors? Doesn't that seem like overkill for my set up? Any idea what the 3.6 pully will increase my boost to? I believe the stock pully is around 6-7 psi? Seems like I could do a little more boost than that without getting too crazy. At what level should I think about the BAP? I really don't know anything about them and I want to make sure that I'm not hurting my car. Especially since I'm kissing my warranty buh bye.

Mchlgrrsn 06-26-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy (Post 6720180)
I appreciate that. That's what is interesting. Ted recommended that I install 80lb injectors? Doesn't that seem like overkill for my set up? Any idea what the 3.6 pully will increase my boost to? I believe the stock pully is around 6-7 psi? Seems like I could do a little more boost than that without getting too crazy. At what level should I think about the BAP? I really don't know anything about them and I want to make sure that I'm not hurting my car. Especially since I'm kissing my warranty buh bye.

It's a good idea to follow the advice of your tuner/builder. If your going to raise the boost, make sure your fuel system is in order. Better safe than sorry. IMHO

Supercharged SS 06-26-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn (Post 6720270)
It's a good idea to follow the advice of your tuner/builder. If your going to raise the boost, make sure your fuel system is in order. Better safe than sorry. IMHO

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy (Post 6720180)

You'll loose a little boost with the headers. The 3.8 is like 6 psi and the 3.6 is about 8psi.

Are you l99 or ls3? If you're shooting for 500 rwhp you shouldn't need a bap or injectors. I used the Maggie injectors at 550 rwhp and had no issues.

Ted isn't going to sell you something you don't need so your best bet is to ask him why on the 80lb injectors? Seems like overkill to me but that's his job to know what's best.

11syn3rgy 06-26-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6720380)
Agreed

You'll loose a little boost with the headers. The 3.8 is like 6 psi and the 3.6 is about 8psi.

Are you l99 or ls3? If you're shooting for 500 rwhp you shouldn't need a bap or injectors. I used the Maggie injectors at 550 rwhp and had no issues.

Ted isn't going to sell you something you don't need so your best bet is to ask him why on the 80lb injectors? Seems like overkill to me but that's his job to know what's best.

I have the L99. To be clear, this "tuner" kit from Magnuson does not come with injectors so if I don't purchase them, I will be left with the stock Chevy injectors.

I guess we'll see how Ted replies to my last email. Just wanted to educate myself before he responds. I def trust his advice. He's been great!!

Supercharged SS 06-26-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy (Post 6720460)
I have the L99. To be clear, this "tuner" kit from Magnuson does not come with injectors so if I don't purchase them, I will be left with the stock Chevy injectors.

I guess we'll see how Ted replies to my last email. Just wanted to educate myself before he responds. I def trust his advice. He's been great!!

You never said you were buying a tuner kit with no injectors. That makes sense why Ted said go with xyz injectors.

I'd would get what he wants you do. Prob the ID 850's. a little extra money but well worth it. There's nothing more important than the fuel system to your car.

11syn3rgy 06-26-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6720508)
You never said you were buying a tuner kit with no injectors. That makes sense why Ted said go with xyz injectors.

I'd would get what he wants you do. Prob the ID 850's. a little extra money but well worth it. There's nothing more important than the fuel system to your car.

Ok, thanks. Sorry I forgot to mention that this kit didn't come with injectors. My bad

Supercharged SS 06-26-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11syn3rgy (Post 6720522)
Ok, thanks. Sorry I forgot to mention that this kit didn't come with injectors. My bad

Harmless mistake but at least now it adds up why Ted wanted you to buy injectors.

11syn3rgy 06-26-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 6720535)
Harmless mistake but at least now it adds up why Ted wanted you to buy injectors.

That was one of the main reasons for me to post this. Wanted to get some suggestions on which size and brand to buy? I know the Jannetty sells ID850 injectors and I don't doubt that they are the best, but I'm not about to spend $1,000 on injectors. Maybe if I was running huge HP numbers like some of you guys, but hardly seems justified for my set up?

Thoughts.

Thanks guys!

Mchlgrrsn 06-26-2013 09:03 PM

Your not gonna like my answer ... I'd 850's ... Haven't heard a single bad thing about them. I got them and they do what they are supposed to do.

Slickcas 06-26-2013 09:13 PM

You can find the injectors that come with the magnuson for sale all the time on this site. As most people pull them out with VERY little use or never even use them at all. Look under the Members Classifieds - V8 parts also under Forced Induction. Yes the ID850 are the top dog. But it's your cash and for $200 or so you can pick up some injectors that will get you to 500-550rwhp just fine.
People will beat you to death for it and tell you to just get the ID850s now because you will always want more power so why not be ready for it. But in the end your the one paying the bill.

Supercharged SS 06-26-2013 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=11syn3rgy;6720814]That was one of the main reasons for me to post this. Wanted to get some suggestions on which size and brand to buy? I know the Jannetty sells ID850 injectors and I don't doubt that they are the best, but I'm not about to spend $1,000 on injectors. Maybe if I was running huge HP numbers like some of you guys, but hardly seems justified for my set up?

Thoughts.

Thanks guys![/QUOTE

Just get a set of the ls9 injectors. The ones that comes with the TVS kit. I didn't move to the ID's until over 600 rwhp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn (Post 6720880)
Your not gonna like my answer ... I'd 850's ... Haven't heard a single bad thing about them. I got them and they do what they are supposed to do.

Correct. You need them, the OP doesn't..... Yet.

Mchlgrrsn 06-26-2013 09:25 PM

Lol ^^^^^ I know all about yet