Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Traded my 2013 SS for the 1LE. My comparison. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263097)

strokerls1 11-28-2012 10:30 AM

Traded my 2013 SS for the 1LE. My comparison.

So I ordered the 1le about 2 months ago and the car finally made it in last week. I had a 2013 SS m6 with dual mode since July of this year. I was interested to see how the two compare back to back. I must say the 1le is what the SS should have been. After driving around for awhile, the differences are very noticeably between the two. The SS had a good amount of body roll and felt more like a "touring" car, where as the 1le feels very tight and predicable. Performance is close between the two. I had a CAI kit on the SS and was able to muster a 12.8 at 111 in the 1/4. I took the CAI kit off before the trade and installed it on the 1le. This car feels a tad quicker than the SS did. The gearing and transmission help that, but I also think the un-sprung weight from the lighter wheels make most the difference over the SS. The biggest difference for me though has to be the clutch. I did not read anywhere, where the clutch is different than the SS. They feel completely different to me. The SS actually had a longer pedal travel and more stiff. The clutch in the 1le grabs closer to the floor and the pedal is soft. I get a little chatter too. Has anyone heard that the clutch or hydraulics are any different? All in all, I love the 1le. It is a blast to drive and turns heads everywhere. It is definitely a step in the right direction for Chevy. :chevy:

LikaRokBowTie 11-28-2012 11:10 AM

Cool,bring it over to Shanes and I'll buy lunch so I can take a look at your ride as I have not seen one yet,what color did you get?PM me if your cool with that and we'll set a time:thumbsup:

strokerls1 11-28-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie (Post 5855959)
Cool,bring it over to Shanes and I'll buy lunch so I can take a look at your ride as I have not seen one yet,what color did you get?PM me if your cool with that and we'll set a time:thumbsup:

Its white...you buy lunch, ill let you drive! Love me some Shanes! :thumbsup:

LikaRokBowTie 11-28-2012 12:32 PM

PM sent:thumbsup:

v6sonoma 11-28-2012 01:44 PM

To the best of my knowledge the clutch should be the same.

bpdcop100 11-28-2012 02:28 PM

This is my 4th gen 5 camaro. The clutch feels the same to me. The hill brake thing takes some time to get use to. Please let me know if you have the same trouble I am having with te 1LE and lack of tire grip when cold. And post the 1/4 mile times when you have them. I agree the car is much quicker in acceleration do to the gearing.

strokerls1 11-28-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpdcop100 (Post 5856753)
This is my 4th gen 5 camaro. The clutch feels the same to me. The hill brake thing takes some time to get use to. Please let me know if you have the same trouble I am having with te 1LE and lack of tire grip when cold. And post the 1/4 mile times when you have them. I agree the car is much quicker in acceleration do to the gearing.

Yes I have no grip until the tires are warmed up. It can get a little sketchy when they are cold. My 13 had the hill assist start so I am use to that but the clutch feels way different and very soft. Im going to beat on it a little when I get home and see if that helps. How many miles did your car have when you took delivery? I wont have any times until spring. I dont think any tracks are open.

Zorns 11-29-2012 06:36 AM

LikaRokBowtie....If you drive Strokerls1's car I'd like to hear your review of the 1LE!

bpdcop100 12-07-2012 01:17 PM

I had 11 miles on it when I picked it up election night and now have 1800 miles on it. The tire issue is onlt getting worse. I am in Maryland and the mornings are getting closer to 32 degrees. I am surprised there is not more talk about the lack of grip. I might be one of the few who use this car every day.

LikaRokBowTie 12-07-2012 02:30 PM

Are you a LEO?

toehead93 12-07-2012 03:53 PM

I think the clutch is the same but I know for sure the shifter is different. Is that what you are feeling?

MarkSS 12-07-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpdcop100 (Post 5889856)
I had 11 miles on it when I picked it up election night and now have 1800 miles on it. The tire issue is onlt getting worse. I am in Maryland and the mornings are getting closer to 32 degrees. I am surprised there is not more talk about the lack of grip. I might be one of the few who use this car every day.

This issue has been discussed several places within the 1LE forum. There is a TSB by Goodyear to avoid driving on them at temperatures under 40 degrees. Lack of grip, but also cracking of the tread. I don't think the dealers have been told about this, but they should talk about it to everyone who gets a 1LE. It also says not to store the tires below 20.

On the plus side, you can do massive powerslides....

Ir0nM4n 12-07-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strokerls1 (Post 5856820)
Yes I have no grip until the tires are warmed up. It can get a little sketchy when they are cold. My 13 had the hill assist start so I am use to that but the clutch feels way different and very soft. Im going to beat on it a little when I get home and see if that helps. How many miles did your car have when you took delivery? I wont have any times until spring. I dont think any tracks are open.

I am pretty sure on the web site it states they are summer tires. You will have to purchase a second set of tires if driving in cold weather. Or I guess you could just hang on. :iono:

Monte Mac 12-07-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkSS (Post 5890358)
This issue has been discussed several places within the 1LE forum. There is a TSB by Goodyear to avoid driving on them at temperatures under 40 degrees. Lack of grip, but also cracking of the tread. I don't think the dealers have been told about this, but they should talk about it to everyone who gets a 1LE. It also says not to store the tires below 20.

On the plus side, you can do massive powerslides....

THIS! :word:

As far as I know the clutch should be the same. Almost sounds like you may have some air in the line to me???