Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Z28 Camaro vs. HPE Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47354)

Van 10-14-2009 11:22 AM

Z28 Camaro vs. HPE Camaro

Here's one:

Do you all think the factory Z28 will put out anything close to the HPE Camaro? I for one think not, mainly because the factory will still not have the most efficient building blocks (e.g. intake, exhaust, headers, S/C, tune, etc).

What do you all think?

Oh and how do you think it will compare to the 2010 GT500?! (:yikes: Sorry G' had to do it!)

TheClassicCarKid 10-14-2009 11:23 AM

um...which HPE Camaro?

1320junkie 10-14-2009 11:23 AM

What suspension work does the HPE Camaro have on it? It's not all about max power numbers.

All-Or-Nothing 10-14-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid (Post 1043645)
um...which HPE Camaro?

LOL....yeah there is more than 1

Mr. Wyndham 10-14-2009 11:38 AM

I like the HPE Camaro...however, I think the Z28 will be a better overall package and value from the factory. And I think many will be surprised at what we get. :D

The quoted HPE Camaro's performance numbers on their site were obtained with drag radials, however...so it's not fair to compare the two's performance, imo. :iono:

mrcowboy 10-14-2009 11:42 AM

Go with what the factory dishes out...covered by warranty no matter what, and will be tuned to be durable as opposed to what gains in HP can be made...no offense to HPE, but I'd prefer my upgrades from the factory if I can get them.

TAG UR IT 10-14-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 1043723)
I like the HPE Camaro...however, I think the Z28 will be a better overall package and value from the factory. And I think many will be surprised at what we get. :D

The quoted HPE Camaro's performance numbers on their site were obtained with drag radials, however...so it's not fair to compare the two's performance, imo. :iono:

:word:

All-Or-Nothing 10-14-2009 11:56 AM

Which HPE model do you want it to compare to. There is a HPE 550, HPE 700, HPE 800, and the HPE 1000.

ironpeddler 10-14-2009 03:02 PM

I seriously doubt the blower(roots or TVS) on the factory Z28 will compare to the TVS blower on the HPE machines. Unless they do put an LS9 in the Z28.

I think it will be quite different actually in just about all aspects. The HPE machine is an aftermarket modded car, the Z28 will be a factory car...obviously.

ShnOmac 10-14-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van (Post 1043636)
Here's one:

Do you all think the factory Z28 will put out anything close to the HPE Camaro? I for one think not, mainly because the factory will still not have the most efficient building blocks (e.g. intake, exhaust, headers, S/C, tune, etc).

What do you all think?

Oh and how do you think it will compare to the 2010 GT500?! (:yikes: Sorry G' had to do it!)

I have no idea because we have no idea what the Z/28 is going to be.... Or for sure if it is going to "be" :thumbsup:

sgm10gt 10-14-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Go with what the factory dishes out...covered by warranty no matter what, and will be tuned to be durable as opposed to what gains in HP can be made...no offense to HPE, but I'd prefer my upgrades from the factory if I can get them.
But, GM has a performance parts division right? So, you can actually upgrade alot of components with GM certified performance parts and it is all still fully warranted. So, even though the price is high, you can still get extra performance put into you cars, and it will still be covered under factory warranty, just as long as GM mechanics also install it.

I guess what I am getting at is, are the GM performance parts anything comparable to what you could get at another aftermarket parts house? If so, could that not be a way for people to get their gains, and not affect their factory warranty?

MontyCarlo 10-15-2009 09:28 AM

GM's been talking on and off about a Z28 for a while, but they've also been talking about offering high-end interiors and creature comforts to rival some nicer European imports. What I'm wondering is, will those be one and the same? Could the Z28 be both the higher-performance version of the Camaro AND the luxury version? If so, I would expect that for whatever price GM offers it, it'll have less performance than one of the HPE Camaros.

a_Username 10-15-2009 03:25 PM

I very seriously doubt that the Z28 comes with around 615 HP that the HPE550 puts out at the crank. The HPE550 will probably be the better car, but you never know what could happen.

All-Or-Nothing 10-15-2009 03:40 PM

I really think the Z/28 will have a special appearance package, full suspension package, and GMPP intake, exhaust, tune from the factory. I don't see GM making a super high performance package. They will have to deal with the guzzler tax if they raise the horsepower too much.