Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Pyr0b0y's SS Build Thread [COTW 5/23/11] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130720)

Mindz 03-02-2011 01:16 AM

he's got JBA from headers to tips.

WiccaJew 03-02-2011 02:02 AM

Im envious!! Great numbers! One day! :)

ddavis 03-02-2011 09:18 AM

Awesome dude, great numbers! Traction control is really pointless when trying to open it up with those numbers. It will steal alot of your power and can get a little funky cutting stuff off to try to find traction. Now your going to need some rubber for all that power:headbang:

Nicks a big fan of Meth, he talked me into it and im pretty happy he did. The car pulls consistent everytime now, no heatsoak. Not alot of trouble to deal with. I buy a $33 5 gallon drum of meth and add a little to the car every few weeks depending on how hard im driving. It took me about 7 months to go through that 5 gallon drum.

You got a pic of the dyno, would love to check it out, your rides a beast!

ddavis 03-02-2011 09:21 AM

Oh also for the loud exhaust, I had to put the magnaflow street catback on like jeanus is running to quiet it down. Im pretty happy with it so far. Pretty quiet until you get on it. Its hard to keep the car quiet with longtubes on there. My mbrp was pretty loud.

2010rod 03-02-2011 10:28 AM

:thumbsup::popcorn:

pyr0b0y 03-02-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanius (Post 2906119)
NICE numbers!!

As far as exhaust, what are you running?

I have LT's and the Magnaflow Street 2.5" and its barely louder than stock at idle, but at WOT it screams

I have 1 7/8" LT from JBA, catted midpipes, and 3" competition exhaust. I'm seriously going to consider the magnaflow setup because it sounds like open headers right now, especially with that cam. Gotta hear the magnaflow setup first though. I have an H-Pipe; what do you think about putting an xpipe? will it get rid of the drone?

pyr0b0y 03-02-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddavis (Post 2906749)
Awesome dude, great numbers! Traction control is really pointless when trying to open it up with those numbers. It will steal alot of your power and can get a little funky cutting stuff off to try to find traction. Now your going to need some rubber for all that power:headbang:

Nicks a big fan of Meth, he talked me into it and im pretty happy he did. The car pulls consistent everytime now, no heatsoak. Not alot of trouble to deal with. I buy a $33 5 gallon drum of meth and add a little to the car every few weeks depending on how hard im driving. It took me about 7 months to go through that 5 gallon drum.

You got a pic of the dyno, would love to check it out, your rides a beast!

I'm getting new tires this Saturday, with wider rims to (10"). I'll post up the dyno sheet later this afternoon.

ddavis 03-02-2011 11:48 AM

Awesome, what tires you go with? I wanted to run a drag radial but couldnt justify it as my tires for a daily driver so i went with the vredesteins street tires 315/35/20, hoping they help my traction issue with the extra contact patch. They are being mounted this week. Also if u ever want to here my setup you can swing by half moon bay one weekend at my place. Im running 1 7/8 kooks/highflow cats and magnaflow street catback on the exhaust side.

pyr0b0y 03-02-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddavis (Post 2907369)
Awesome, what tires you go with? I wanted to run a drag radial but couldnt justify it as my tires for a daily driver so i went with the vredesteins street tires 315/35/20, hoping they help my traction issue with the extra contact patch. They are being mounted this week. Also if u ever want to here my setup you can swing by half moon bay one weekend at my place. Im running 1 7/8 kooks/highflow cats and magnaflow street catback on the exhaust side.

I'm running Pirelli's with a Y rating, dont remember the exact specs off the top of my head though. Maybe this weekend if its nice out! I just cant stand how much drone there is, and its right @ cruising speed for me! haha

Jeanius 03-02-2011 12:03 PM

Dont know if having a H or x pipe will make a difference with the drone, Im pretty sure the Street that DDavis and I are running is a resonated X pipe. I think you may be closer to DDavis but if you ever come to the eastbay, hit me up so you can check it out, Im sure our exhausts sound pretty much alike as were running the same size LT's

Heres a pic

http://images.magnaflow.com/02produc...s/16579_lg.jpg

pyr0b0y 03-02-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanius (Post 2907435)
Dont know if having a H or x pipe will make a difference with the drone, Im pretty sure the Street that DDavis and I are running is a resonated X pipe. I think you may be closer to DDavis but if you ever come to the eastbay, hit me up so you can check it out, Im sure our exhausts sound pretty much alike as were running the same size LT's

Heres a pic

http://images.magnaflow.com/02produc...s/16579_lg.jpg

I'm on the East Bay alot so I'll let you know.

Mindz 03-02-2011 01:14 PM

their 3" system isn't supposed to drone either. Urr2slo has it with longtubes and his car sounds great, but no drone.

pyr0b0y 03-03-2011 01:20 AM

got my afterburner taillights installed from 2SSRS...they look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! :confused0068:

Mindz 03-03-2011 01:59 AM

text me a picture of them installed man!

pyr0b0y 03-03-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 2910724)
text me a picture of them installed man!

i took a couple pics last nite, ill take a couple today too....but u gotta see them in person!

Silver2SSRS6spd 03-03-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyr0b0y (Post 2911548)
i took a couple pics last nite, ill take a couple today too....but u gotta see them in person!

Why don't both of you show up to the meeting tomorrow so we can all see the new setup!

pyr0b0y 03-03-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd (Post 2911583)
Why don't both of you show up to the meeting tomorrow so we can all see the new setup!

I plan on getting there around 645