Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   GM Tower strut question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293140)

45THanniversarySS 05-03-2013 01:07 AM

GM Tower strut question

Hey guys i really like the way the OEM tower strut looks and i was curious if the 2012 camaros come with the holes pre drilled

I would check for myself but im currently deployed and id like to buy the tower strut and have it shipped b4 i get home.

Thanks for all who reply.

Aubrey64 05-03-2013 01:22 AM

yes they do!

MY CA.ZL1 05-03-2013 01:35 AM

thank you for your service

First i put a brace on my 2011 because i installed a s.c.and i also like the look.easy fit no issue at all.since the vert needed this brace g.m.has the holes drilled on all the camaro ss for the brace.i also had it polished out which look good.On a side not i just returned last weekend from germany to see my son who is at k-town.he returned june 2012 from afgan.My daughter in law also in in the service.:thumbup:

alanhurst 05-03-2013 02:44 AM

I really like my towel strut bar in the bathroom, it keeps my towels right where i need them when I'm done in the shower.

OH TOWER bar... ya thats pretty cool too I guess.

coreyaustin17 05-03-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY CA.ZL1 (Post 6499278)
First i put a brace on my 2011 because i installed a s.c.and i also like the look.easy fit no issue at all.since the vert needed this brace g.m.has the holes drilled on all the camaro ss for the brace.i also had it polished out which look good.On a side not i just returned last weekend from germany to see my son who is at k-town.he returned june 2012 from afgan.My daughter in law also in in the service.:thumbup:

thats not all true they started drillng halfway thru the 2011 production year so the 2010's and early 11's wont have them :thumbup:

45THanniversarySS 05-03-2013 03:36 AM

ok so all 2012 SS models have the pre drilled holes?

you guys are a big help, ill be home from afghanistan in a week so i figured this would be an easy mod, i just need to tint down to about 18% to match the CFM paint lol

coreyaustin17 05-03-2013 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS (Post 6499357)
ok so all 2012 SS models have the pre drilled holes?

you guys are a big help, ill be home from afghanistan in a week so i figured this would be an easy mod, i just need to tint down to about 18% to match the CFM paint lol

yea man all 2012 ss will have it:thumb:

p.s. thankyou for your service what branch ?

45THanniversarySS 05-03-2013 03:42 AM

HAHAHA i just caught the title how i messed it up...hey maybe ill buy a second tower strut and make it into a towel strut bar for my bathroom for real lol, just sayin that would make it less feminine...

then im gonna put a decal around my toilet bowl that makes it look like a ford so i can pi$$ on ford every morning when i wake up, and once again on my way to work ;)

45THanniversarySS 05-03-2013 03:43 AM

im US Army...I cant wait to get home any place with my baby (the car, dont have any kids yet lol)

coreyaustin17 05-03-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS (Post 6499361)
im US Army...I cant wait to get home any place with my baby (the car, dont have any kids yet lol)

whats your Mos i spent time in nagarhar and bagram

alanhurst 05-03-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS (Post 6499360)
HAHAHA i just caught the title how i messed it up...hey maybe ill buy a second tower strut and make it into a towel strut bar for my bathroom for real lol, just sayin that would make it less feminine...

then im gonna put a decal around my toilet bowl that makes it look like a ford so i can pi$$ on ford every morning when i wake up, and once again on my way to work ;)

DO IT!:smiling1:

45THanniversarySS 05-03-2013 04:18 AM

im 13D (field artillery for the civilians reading lol) and durring my 2011 tour i spend alot of time in Zormat and Chamkani with the ODA (special forces) but this time im mainly on bagram...i think when i come in im gonna have 18% tint, the tower strut, and lowering springs put on (ill do the springs and tower strut) and those will be my very first appearance mods.

oh let me get some opinions on lowering size...i am gonna do the ZL1 conversing (front only), the razzi rockers, and the havoc deffuser...how far should i drop and still have clearence so im not sitting one the ground?

45THanniversarySS 05-03-2013 07:44 AM

OK so i bought the OEM Strut Brace with 6 bolts and its being mailed home so when i come back in a week i can paint it and put it on :)

i also got the BMR lowering springs 1.4" in the front and 1.0" in the back, that shouldnt be to hard to put on either and should be a lil more aggressive look

then im tinting the windows (back and both sides, not the front strip)

btw i wanna put the front lettering on my window and i wanna do "CAMARO SS" what color should i do that would look good? i was thinking red?

alanhurst 05-03-2013 07:48 AM

the color of the lettering is totally up to you but i would tint the top of the windshield so the lettering shows up better.