Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2013 Camaro Full List of Changes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216181)

edgehead2000 04-14-2012 10:49 PM

You guys think they'll change the speakers too since Boston Acoustic no longer supplies auto applications? Or maybe that'll be a 2014 change?

ThatGirlFriday 04-14-2012 10:57 PM

I was in a corvette today that just arrived at the dealership and im like ew puke gross inside and camaros are hawt. and you guys are hawt in extension.

camaros win anyway and i'll close my case with that.
unfounded and correct.

ParisTNDude 04-15-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctaneSS (Post 4801929)
One thing I noticed from the picture is that the power door locks are on the door now and not the head unit. There will most likely be a DIY thread to install this if its possible to get it to work.

Power door locks are on the door on 2012s as well. The power door lock remains on the head unit as well.

djdmac24 04-15-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVID12691 (Post 4798454)
Damnit. I really don't like the touch screen. Wish it was just an option.

I'll trade you my stock stereo/dash kit for your touchscreen one if you don't want it. :D

PAUL SS 04-15-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Mike (Post 4801166)
If you want to keep paying to change your clutch when it burns out from starting on a hill, be my guest. I don't find this to be "not the true way" to drive a manual car. It is an added benefit that I'm sure many people living in "hilly" areas will really appreciate. It doesn't intrude upon the driving experience like traction control or skip shift, it helps in an otherwise tricky and not favorable situation. Much like the automatic rev match on the 370Z, it's still a true manual, but the car automatically rev matches for you when down shifting. Do I enjoy rev matching myself? Absolutely. Would I mind if my car did it for me perfectly? Not at all! If you want to drive a "true" manual that you're in "TOTAL" control of, then go get a muscle car from the 60's or 70's. If you're referring to anything in this century, then stop complaining, cause you'll never have a car that you're 100% in control of any more, and I'm fine with that.

If you are burning up your clutch starting from a hill, I suggest you get an automatic because you don't know how to drive a stick. I can leave from a hill with a barely noticeable roll back and no clutch slipage. I am sure I am not the only one that can do this and I for one don't want or need any kind of hill assist. Make it an option so I can not order it.

b4z 04-15-2012 02:16 PM

Blue ray metallic may be an extra charge color. It is on the 2013 trucks.

GearheadSS 04-15-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 4809352)
Blue ray metallic may be an extra charge color. It is on the 2013 trucks.

It's not available on the trucks. Topaz Blue is the truck color and it is an extra cost color.

EdRedCamaro2 04-15-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL SS (Post 4808285)
If you are burning up your clutch starting from a hill, I suggest you get an automatic because you don't know how to drive a stick. I can leave from a hill with a barely noticeable roll back and no clutch slipage. I am sure I am not the only one that can do this and I for one don't want or need any kind of hill assist. Make it an option so I can not order it.

Amen, brother! :thumbsup:

8of9 04-15-2012 09:19 PM

How are floor mats not standard on cars these days?

MarkSS 04-15-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdRedCamaro2 (Post 4811169)
Amen, brother! :thumbsup:

+1... and not about the floor mats, about knowing how to drive a manual trans.

Homestar1217 04-15-2012 10:32 PM

Hill start assist is just part of the ESC I'm sure. If it's like most of the systems I've seen, it just holds the brakes for an extra 2 seconds after you take your foot off the pedal. No harm done and it really isn't going to bother you if you're a skilled standard driver. Most of us I'm sure can start on a hill, but it's when those people decide to stop WAY too close to you that you worry about rolling back even a little.

Now you could use the parking brake too (which most of us forget about), or you could let the non-intrusive HSA help you out. That is so not the biggest thing to whine about on the 2013 model.

Mr.T 04-15-2012 11:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another look at the MyLink in a ZL1 from Barret Jackson

calbert1999 04-16-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody6.2 (Post 4797581)
NEW for 2013:
  • (NV9) Electric power steering standard on all SS models
  • (UFU) Chevrolet MyLink1 Color Touch radio with 7″ diagonal color touchscreen display includes Bluetooth streaming audio; hands-free smartphone integration; Pandora and Stitcher smartphone compatible; voicea-ctivated technology
  • Standard on all LT, SS and ZL1 models
    • (USR) USB port and (KTB) PDIM now standard on 1LT and 1SS models
    • Rear camera on equipped models now projected in touchscreen display
  • (UHQ) Chevrolet MyLink Color Touch radio with 7” diagonal color touchscreen display and all the features of (UFU)
  • plus GPS Navigation option on all LT, SS and ZL1 models

I guess there was enough people who thought it was a good idea to have 21st. century audio & navigation. Imagine that. :iono:

Sevn86 04-16-2012 11:43 AM

Wow finally a nav screen

h0tang 04-16-2012 12:17 PM

will a 2013 2SS with nav be priced like a 2012 2SS? around under $40k? I was SO close to buying a 1SS yesterday but couldn't pulle the tripper yet. After finding all this new info about 2013, I may have to wait!

stand-al0ne 04-16-2012 01:17 PM

lets see some 2013 wheel pics already!!!

Meltdownaverted 04-17-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invaderzim (Post 4798507)
you and I both. I've always been a firm believer that a sports car has to be a manual 6 and a touchscreen has no business in one. I can maybe budge on the transmission with these newer cars but not the touchscreen. I don't like them in the 'vette and they look so out of place in the shelby mustang. I couldn't get my order in for a ZL1 in time for a 2012 and if I cant get a 2013 without the touchscreen I'm just going to have to pass on one. stuff a supercharger and new suspension on the ss and call it a day. we'll see what happens next month when orders start being accepted....

Had a Buick Verano out last night with the same touch screen, goods new is you can avoid using the touch screen at all if you so desire all the manual buttons were still there. Also this is one of the easiest touch screens I have ever used, way above and beyond the older style Navigation systems. It is very much like using the icons on a smart phone

a

DeAdMiKe187 04-17-2012 02:52 PM

Hey guys. Placed a factory order on a 2012 2LT on April 7th. I didn't want a touchscreen in there, so I was glad to get my order in before they became standard. Touch screen requires my eyes to be on the screen, and you can't use it while wearing gloves. No thanks. Plus, I much prefer half of the rearview mirror to turn into the backup camera display, rather than having to look down at the screen for that.

RADAR 04-17-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeAdMiKe187 (Post 4820451)
Hey guys. Placed a factory order on a 2012 2LT on April 7th. I didn't want a touchscreen in there, so I was glad to get my order in before they became standard. Touch screen requires my eyes to be on the screen, and you can't use it while wearing gloves. No thanks. Plus, I much prefer half of the rearview mirror to turn into the backup camera display, rather than having to look down at the screen for that.

Good points.

1hotchevy 04-17-2012 03:37 PM

I dont need help with my stick on any hills, as it was said before i dont have roll back on hills, downtown seattle is as hilly as frisco is and if you cant hold it then get yourself and auto.

Kevlo79 04-17-2012 06:30 PM

Can HSA be added to a 2012??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homestar1217 (Post 4811854)
Hill start assist is just part of the ESC I'm sure. If it's like most of the systems I've seen, it just holds the brakes for an extra 2 seconds after you take your foot off the pedal. No harm done and it really isn't going to bother you if you're a skilled standard driver. Most of us I'm sure can start on a hill, but it's when those people decide to stop WAY too close to you that you worry about rolling back even a little.

Now you could use the parking brake too (which most of us forget about), or you could let the non-intrusive HSA help you out. That is so not the biggest thing to whine about on the 2013 model.

+1 to this!

I have driven a manual all my life and consider myself skilled at it, but the jerk that pulls up to within inches of the rear bumper always makes me wish I had this feature. I had it on a Passat and it was not even noticeable. On a hill there is nothing to worry about, let off the break and no roll, take all the time in the world to launch, and when you do launch it simply cuts off and you can't even tell the brake was on.

Now my question is if this is something that can be added to a 2012, anyone??

snizzle 04-17-2012 08:12 PM

Ugh, I was one of those clamoring for the in-dash nav and here it is.... one model year after I purchased.

:mad0260:

Glad to see they're improving the car with additional tweaks each year. Hope I can retrofit the dash.

invaderzim 04-17-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted (Post 4819116)
Had a Buick Verano out last night with the same touch screen, goods new is you can avoid using the touch screen at all if you so desire all the manual buttons were still there. Also this is one of the easiest touch screens I have ever used, way above and beyond the older style Navigation systems. It is very much like using the icons on a smart phone

a

yea :facepalm: my phone still has buttons and no touchscreen....

and id rather not have that thing in the car at all. I believe someone else here hit it right on the nose when they said all they needed was an upgrade to the current radio. better lcd maybe even some color and it wouldve been good to go. I just feel big touchscreens belong in trucks and minivans. not in muscle cars like camaros, mustangs and challengers. but that's just my opinion and I'm sure the younger generation has a completely different one... just my 2cents.

snizzle 04-17-2012 08:55 PM

People complain about every new feature. Believe me, GM heard enough from the public/focus groups about the desire for in-dash nav to redesign the dash and incorporate the electronics. There is considerable demand and in the years to come it'll be standard in all cars.

Stex 04-17-2012 08:58 PM

:word:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeAdMiKe187 (Post 4820451)

GearheadSS 04-17-2012 09:06 PM

I have a hard decision to make. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a '12 1SS since I have the private offer certificate and $2000 dealership employee cash to use before 4/30.

I really like the MyLink and would definitely order a 2013 with the dual made exhaust if I went that route. I could also get the color I want. I'm having to settle for Red with a 2012.

gcope63 04-17-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invaderzim (Post 4822082)

and id rather not have that thing in the car at all. I believe someone else here hit it right on the nose when they said all they needed was an upgrade to the current radio. better lcd maybe even some color and it wouldve been good to go. I just feel big touchscreens belong in trucks and minivans. not in muscle cars like camaros, mustangs and challengers. but that's just my opinion and I'm sure the younger generation has a completely different one... just my 2cents.

I guess I am confused.. Why do you have to be looking at the screen all of the time? Once you setup your phone everything is controlled by the controls on the steering wheel for most operations.. If you want to listen to music you can change lists/stations along with volume on the steering wheel.. If you want to make a call press the button on the steering wheel and verbally tell mylink who you want to call.. I guess if you are using the navigation system you need to look down to she where to go if you have the audio directions turned off but that would be the same no matter what navigation system you have.. To top that off I would much rather have a 7" screen to look at when backing up compared to a 2" screen up in the glare.. I must be one of the stranger people in the older generation, I really like have a system (Mylink with Nav) that will connect to my phone and start whatever music setup I have as soon as I start the car..

Gary

invaderzim 04-17-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcope63 (Post 4822759)
I guess I am confused.. Why do you have to be looking at the screen all of the time? Once you setup your phone everything is controlled by the controls on the steering wheel for most operations.. If you want to listen to music you can change lists/stations along with volume on the steering wheel.. If you want to make a call press the button on the steering wheel and verbally tell mylink who you want to call.. I guess if you are using the navigation system you need to look down to she where to go if you have the audio directions turned off but that would be the same no matter what navigation system you have.. To top that off I would much rather have a 7" screen to look at when backing up compared to a 2" screen up in the glare.. I must be one of the stranger people in the older generation, I really like have a system (Mylink with Nav) that will connect to my phone and start whatever music setup I have as soon as I start the car..

Gary

I don't know what you're confused about or if you just took something in my post out of context but i think it looks ugly in the car. I don't use my phone in the car. and even if I did my 2012 has those features you mentioned without that screen. and after driving a car for 20years I guess I'm just weird in that I've actually gotten used to looking up in the mirror when backing up as oppose to the car stereo.
:iono:

Homestar1217 04-17-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invaderzim (Post 4822082)

I think I'm the one that suggested that :-) And I'm 22 years old! I'm all for nav systems, I'm used to them now that I work on cars that pretty much all have them. But I think the way this interior was designed it just does not go well at all. I think it's hideous. I like the features it offers, just not the way it looks. In the other GM cars that are recent the interior has been designed with that in mind from the get-go and it works well, but it doesn't work well at all with the retro theme in these cars. IMO, no offense to anyone!

papabearcamaro 04-18-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearheadSS (Post 4822349)
I have a hard decision to make. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a '12 1SS since I have the private offer certificate and $2000 dealership employee cash to use before 4/30.

I really like the MyLink and would definitely order a 2013 with the dual made exhaust if I went that route. I could also get the color I want. I'm having to settle for Red with a 2012.

Me too!!!!!
Except the part about the $2000 lol
Seriously though,I can get a red 2012 (want white) 1SS with the $1000 off rebate that the dealer located,or wait and order a 2013.
Don't know what to do.
Leaning more towards the 2013 and ordering the color that I absolutly want. Just hoping I don't hate the new wheel design.

JWoj3540 04-18-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcope63 (Post 4797657)
Already have my name on a 2SS 1LE with my dealer!! Its going to be a long wait until they are available!! Dealer is saying they may not ship until next Dec/Jan!!!

Gary

Oh man that's rough, but that car is gonna be awesome.

snizzle 04-18-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papabearcamaro (Post 4824077)
Me too!!!!!
Seriously though,I can get a red 2012 (want white) 1SS with the $1000 off rebate that the dealer located,or wait and order a 2013.
Don't know what to do.
Leaning more towards the 2013 and ordering the color that I absolutly want. Just hoping I don't hate the new wheel design.

Just looked at your sig. Stick with what you have :D

grizli 04-18-2012 01:15 PM

I wonder if rear-view camera with touch screen display can be installed on 2011..

SndWave29 04-18-2012 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=LAWMAN;4801288]man,G.M.just keeps on with upgrades FORCING me to think serious about trading for a 2013,and i will never get out of mine the $ i have put into it,and what does the new blue look like?[/QUOTE

A Trade up to a 13' Model may be worth it if you have a 10' model......The only thing that's different that's worth a hoot to my 2012 2SS model is the touchscreen....I'll stick to my Baby for a while!! :cool:

SndWave29 04-18-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderseal (Post 4801651)
Here it is on an Impala! Looks pretty sweet to me!

I'm partial but my 2012 IBM looks better!! Just glad the 2013 Camaros will have a blue!!.... :D

10spokess 04-18-2012 07:00 PM

Where are these wheel pics

Z/28orSs 04-18-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homestar1217 (Post 4822918)
I think I'm the one that suggested that :-) And I'm 22 years old! I'm all for nav systems, I'm used to them now that I work on cars that pretty much all have them. But I think the way this interior was designed it just does not go well at all. I think it's hideous. I like the features it offers, just not the way it looks. In the other GM cars that are recent the interior has been designed with that in mind from the get-go and it works well, but it doesn't work well at all with the retro theme in these cars. IMO, no offense to anyone!

i agree with you!!!

GearheadSS 04-18-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papabearcamaro (Post 4824077)
Me too!!!!!
Don't know what to do.

Ditto. I really want Inferno Orange but there are none to be found in a 1SS with a manual.

I'm just wondering how much more the 2013s will be.

GearheadSS 04-18-2012 07:15 PM

BTW, we can now put in preliminary and sold orders for 2013 Camaros.

ORANGE U NV 04-18-2012 07:23 PM

Here's my prediction on the NEW 20' 2013 wheels............. they will be the 45th Anniversary wheels design (painted silver, RS- midnight silver or polished). GM has done this in the past where a "special edition" model gets a special wheel that is only released the next model year. Example- the 1994 Trans-Am 25th anniversary model had a NEW white 5 spoke design wheel. In 1995 all firebirds came with the same wheel design in silver or optional chrome.