Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Help MY68RS Choose a color for BRUCE please! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175875)

1BADZL1 10-09-2011 07:00 PM

Help MY68RS Choose a color for BRUCE please!

I struggle with this daily... Not sure why but I do....
I go from one extreme to the other as far as color for the Zl1...
I have been vocal from the beginning as far as the Camaro color Pallet.
Help me decide or give me thoughts on yea or ney. It make may my decision worse but then again someone may say the right thing and it all be over...
Right now I am about 105% on Victory Red after seeing it in Person..
LoneStarCamaro, did a photo shop of a ABM Zl1 today and I feel in love with ABM all over again... I have been very vocal in the ZL1 forums for chevy to bring back ABM... But again, I have painted two camaros this same color in the passed I have found... making me not want blue this time.
I have had a total of 5 cars in red in my lifetime but I do like victory red.
Orange.. I like IOM, but I do not feel It will "pop" with the black stripes as Victory red does.... Purple.. after seeing the Purple chop, I like it BUT, it reminds me of the new purple challenger..... :D
Also, I would have to strip a brand new factory paint job to paint in ABM, or Purple even though I like those two colors....
So.. Since I don't know what the hell I want...maybe make my choice easier for me....
I simply want your opinion and why...
ALSO.. Yes, the underlying choice will be mine so saying "you need to decide what color you want and not let others influence your decision" is not something I wanna hear....OK?
I just want input on this and your vote...so please vote....
Since end the end, I will only have ONE choice I want everyone to vote only once and not multiple choice because whatever color I order is final unless I do custom paint...

Ok...
Here are your only choices to vote on.

Victory Red
Inferno Orange Metallic
Custom Purple w/ black stripe
Custom Aqua Blue Metallic w/ Black Stripe

I do not want any of the other remaining colors on them. I have my own reasons for not going with them..
Thanks Fellas... Time is essence or I would not be doing this...
I have less than 3 weeks to decide and final it...
I have had 3 months up to know and still dont know 110% of what color I will settle with. Help me out ok?
Thanks!
;)

G-Oil Guy 10-09-2011 07:11 PM

I'm struggling with a similar decision.

I'm between the Red and Gray. I'd kill for CFM but that's not going to happen.

shank0668 10-09-2011 07:13 PM

ABM mmmmm

fiascoes1 10-09-2011 07:14 PM

I'm set on white with black stripes, but I love IOM.

The Stig 10-09-2011 07:18 PM

I voted ABM, such a pretty color

1BADZL1 10-09-2011 07:20 PM

guys... I just thought of something.....
if I do custom paint such as ABM or Purple...
I will have red stitching on my seats when you open the door!
UGH...No way around that...
Id have to live with the seats....
Just thought about this....
Id need to stick with IOM or Vic Red for it to be right...

kunk1963 10-09-2011 07:22 PM

IOM!!!!!!!

IOMZL1 10-09-2011 07:55 PM

Hmmm... Wonder what I voted for?

I'd keep away from the custom colors because to do it right you are probably looking at $4000 - $8,000.

Faulkner 10-09-2011 07:59 PM

If I had to chose from those colors I would chose victory red. I don't like the orange or blue, and purple is for women. I was hoping that there would be a green.

Blue Menace 10-09-2011 08:23 PM

Here's my idea for you: take all the colors you have listed and find their crayon counterpart. Whichever one of those bad boys you can eat the most of is your winner.

lbls1 10-09-2011 08:35 PM

No custom paint if buying new!!!!! I've got it...........a double purchase.....a '10 abm and the zl1. Talk about pricing................lol!!!

BiggFoot 10-09-2011 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
IOM with stripe doesnt have any pop huh Bro? :D

Attachment 295487

1BADZL1 10-09-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IOMZL1 (Post 3862134)
Hmmm... Wonder what I voted for?

I'd keep away from the custom colors because to do it right you are probably looking at $4000 - $8,000.

I could get it done for $4k easily it would be about 98% show quality too.
I could even prep it to keep cost down..
Not too worried about the $$ or cost of doing it at this point.
Thanks though!

Kluch 10-09-2011 11:46 PM

Go with your first instinct. The orange is how I voted and that orange camaro pictured is awesome. Go IOM!