Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   New Member Saying "Hello!" (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71605)

4MULA1 03-17-2010 02:55 PM

New Member Saying "Hello!"

I'm new as of today and my primary reason for joining is to thank the suppliers that made all the parts I recently put on my SS. Here is a list:

BMR Fabrication - I installed their non-adjustable toe rods, trailing arms, subframe connectors and driveshaft tunnel brace. The parts are top quality, the directions are excellent and I could feel the improvements. It dialed out most of the wheel hop by installing these parts and I am looking at a couple of other items that would eliminate it completely. Their sales/tech people are very friendly and knowledgeable and overall, I had a great experience selecting, buying and installing their parts. I would recommend them to anyone.

MTI Racing - I bought and installed their Six Shooter shifter and it may be my favorite upgrade to the car. If you've ever worked the bolt on a fine rifle then you know how this shifter feels. It's a bit of a pain to install but if you follow the directions to the letter it can be accomplished (like I did it) with jack stands and basic hand tools. It is far superior to the Hurst kit in that all the critical bushings are replaced/upgraded and you have a variety of shift knobs to choose from (including stock). I chose the Blackhawk knob and I already love it. The shift lever itself is almost to pretty to hide with a boot!

I also installed a set of their upgraded spark plug wires and they are also top notch (plus you get to eliminate the stock heat shields for a cleaner look).

Lastly, I ordered their rear spoiler and am currently waiting for it to arrive.

Again, they were helpful, knowledgeable and professional.

Kook's Headers - I ordered a full exhaust system from their man Kool Aid who has probably forgotten more than I will ever know about hot rods. The quality is outstanding and I popped for the Jet Hot coating on the headers which has got to help with temperatures as well as the fact they look great (and will stay that way for a long time with routine cleaning).

The rest of the system is also great looking and easy to install (again, I did it in my own garage with jack stands). It took my buddy and me about 6 hours but we were very anal in our pursuit of perfection. When it was done and we went on the test drive, there was not one squeak, rattle or leak and, although clearances were pretty tight, nothing touched anything it wasn't supposed to.

I used Kook's own mufflers and I can't imagine any other brand sounding any better. It's not obnoxious like the Boy Racers with pineapple juice can mufflers, nor is it raspy like all the 4.6 Mustangs around. It's near stock at idle and in normal driving but from about 3,500 RPM to redline it just sounds...RACECAR! You can almost hear how efficiently your motor is breathing.

Fastlane - This local Houston shop makes what I feel is the best Cold Air Intake around, simply due to the fact that it draws air from down low near the fog light. It's called the Pipeline and it's 4" in diameter with an AEM high quality filter. You must eliminate the stock windshield washer bottle and use their included replacement after swapping over the stock pump and doing a little modification to the hoses.

You need to at least re-flash your PCM after installing (but I knew I would need a tune after the headers anyway) apparently because the relocaton of the MAF sensor.

Here's how easy it was: my wife and I installed it from start to finish in under 2 hours, taking our time.

SLP - I installed their skip-shift eliminator while doing the shifter install only to find out later that it can be turned off by the tuner. So don't waste your money if you're going to have your car professionally tuned.

G-Force - Another local tuning shop with a great reputation, they did the final tune on my car after I had installed all the parts. According to Mike, most LS3 Camaro's have been putting out about 355RWHP and around that sme amount in RWTQ. I didn't have a baseline as I had already installed high performance parts. However, before the tune he put on (my own personal baseline in effect) my car was at 383/383, already a significant improvement. But when I left his shop I was at 405 RWHP and 411 RWTQ.

In conclusion, with all the parts listed above, I have a better riding, better shifting, better sounding and better performing Camaro than before!

Thanks to all the manufacturers and to the Camaro5 fans who, through their blogs, helped me find the parts I wanted.

Kevin

REVOLUTIONSS 03-17-2010 02:59 PM

nice write up...... welcome to the 5

rolnslo 03-17-2010 03:03 PM

Hello 4MULA1! Haven't seen your Camaro in the Pearland area (yet) but sounds like you've done most of the standard upgrades already. When is the supercharger going on? :D

:thumbsup:

ron10 03-17-2010 03:53 PM

welcome

viper1cobra 03-17-2010 04:05 PM

:chevy:Welcome to Camaro5.:chevy:

Camaro21 03-17-2010 04:06 PM

Welcome to the Site. Post more pics up when you can !! Nice write up on your progress..

camarowa 03-17-2010 04:20 PM

welcome!

BackinBlackSS/RS 03-17-2010 04:21 PM

:wave:

Chris-10 03-17-2010 05:16 PM

welcome

98_Camaro 03-17-2010 06:11 PM

Yay! I get to be the first person to use this here!
:needpics:

Haha.
Anyways, sounds like a nice setup! Welcome to the forums.

Sir Nuke 03-17-2010 09:48 PM

4MULA1, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a.../NewFridge.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

Rickster42 03-17-2010 10:14 PM

Victory Red 2SS/RS Auto Sunroof

Welcome to camaro 5.

shawn18 03-17-2010 11:11 PM

WELCOME!!!