Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   2010 FIFA WORLD CUP (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87697)

Maa107 06-04-2010 10:25 PM

2010 FIFA WORLD CUP

So any one excited? I love soccer and wondering if anyone here also shares the passion of the game. I think Spain will win the whole thing but the two teams I would want to win are either Mexico or USA. So what are your guys' thoughts? Man I am so excited for next friday!!!:happyanim:
AND PLEASE THOSE OF YOU WHO DISLIKE THIS SPORT KEEP YOUR RUDE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF THANK YOU!;)

(Those in bold are my projections of whose going to make it to the next stage)

Group A: Mexico, South Africa, Uruguay, France
Group B: Argentina, Nigeria, Korea, Greece
Group C: England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia
Group D: Germany, Austria, Serbia, Ghana
Group E: Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon
Group F: Italy, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia
Group G: Brazil, Korea DPR, Côte d'Ivoire, Portugal
Group H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

Iwantone2 06-06-2010 12:24 AM

I always get excited when the World Cup rolls around. It's the time when my bro, my pops and myself get together to watch the soccer games!! Yes, I want either USA or Mexico to win, but as much as I hope they do, I don't think either will make it to the Finals :(

Next Friday? Can't come soon enough!!!

Snuggles 06-06-2010 12:50 AM

Well, unfortunately where I am at I am THE ONLY one who cares enough about soccer to watch it!! But when the World Cup rolls around I am glued to the TV like its Victorias Secret Christmas Special!!!!

Have no clue what my predictions will be for this year but will be rooting for my TEAM USA as loud as possible!!

Iwantone2 06-07-2010 04:06 PM

I think I'm going to have to risk it and turn on the TV here at work...who knows, maybe someone else will find it interesting?

Y viva Mexico, cabrones!!!!

or

USA!! USA!! USA!!!

LuckyWife 06-07-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwantone2 (Post 1951338)
I always get excited when the World Cup rolls around. It's the time when my bro, my pops and myself get together to watch the soccer games!! Yes, I want either USA or Mexico to win, but as much as I hope they do, I don't think either will make it to the Finals :(

Next Friday? Can't come soon enough!!!

:word:

I've double checked & triple check the DVR, extended the recording time to make sure I get the WHOLE game (hate it when it cuts off the end of the game), and have warned DH about watching anything other than soccer when I am home! :laugh::thumbup:

Does anyone know if you can get internet live feeds??

rmnc3r 06-07-2010 06:02 PM

Is there any website that will stream the games live for sure?
...Somebody told me about ESPN3

http://espn.go.com/espn3/index/_/sport/soccer-futbol

Go Team USA!

!Viva Team Estados Unidos!

Iwantone2 06-08-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyWife (Post 1956841)
:word:

I've double checked & triple check the DVR, extended the recording time to make sure I get the WHOLE game (hate it when it cuts off the end of the game), and have warned DH about watching anything other than soccer when I am home! :laugh::thumbup:

Does anyone know if you can get internet live feeds??

You might have some luck with justintv.com...but the quality isn't always the best

Hey, at least your DVR will work...my pops still has his trusty VCR :facepalm:

:bellyroll:

2001ragtop 06-08-2010 10:03 AM

Wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maa107 (Post 1947767)
So any one excited? ...but the two teams I would want to win are either Mexico or USA

That is bold. I would say those two teams would finish last if I had to bet actual money. (not mocking what you wish for, just saying I do not think of those teams like the others.)

I'm excited. i would watch every single game if I could. Or tape them all then watch them.

soccer is a very "specific" kind of sport. it is to some extent "whimsical". many things that happen sometimes looks like luck.

i feel the players are all on even levels which is why I like it. Its about skills, endurance. The sport seems slow but it's not.

I would assume France/Italy/ or Brazil would win the entire thing. Perhaps Portugal.

ITS HILARIOUS ONLY 7 PEOPLE HAVE RESPONDED TO THIS THREAD and you posted it 4 days ago. THAT TELLS YOU WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT THE WORLD CUP IN THE U.S.A. LOL

I wouldn't care if only 0.0000000000000001 % of the usa watches the World Cup. I would watch every single game. :D

Maa107 06-10-2010 11:14 PM

True it's kinda sad that soccer hasnt had a chance in usa but hey its a ll good ima still watch it no matter what! :) and about france winning the entire thing...yea i wouldn't count on it

masterofpuppets 06-11-2010 12:57 AM

I think USA is going to make it to the round of 8, no further. Finals are England and Spain, Spain takes it 3-1.

Iwantone2 06-11-2010 09:33 AM

Freakin Mexico vs. South Africa is on right now!!!! Woot!

PoorMansCamaro 06-11-2010 10:11 AM

i actually wouldn't mind getting into soccer. Anything that will help the time go by before the nfl starts!

So can someone explain how the world cup works? is it single elimination? do they play a series like baseball?

Iwantone2 06-11-2010 10:43 AM

GGGOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!! Mexico 1 - South Africa 1

Tied game!!!

Iwantone2 06-11-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 1972196)
i actually wouldn't mind getting into soccer. Anything that will help the time go by before the nfl starts!

So can someone explain how the world cup works? is it single elimination? do they play a series like baseball?

For the first few games, they play for points. this determines who moves on to the next round. on the next round and all subsequent rounds is when it is single elimination, i believe.