Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Has your pre-order gained you notoriety? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10317)

Rodrunner 12-05-2008 07:41 PM

Has your pre-order gained you notoriety?

I haven't told more than 6 or 8 people at work that I've ordered a new Camaro, but I swear, now everybody and their mother knows. I have basically become "Camaro guy"....it's great!
A guy I know by name, but not well, walked by me the other day and said, "Get that Camaro yet?" I had no idea he knew I ordered one. So I explained, and as he walked away I said, "I sure am excited." And he said, "We all are; we want to see it."
Then, today I'm outside having a smoke with a guy I know pretty well, and he asks about it and another guy I don't know well says, "Oh, you ordered one, I have a '69." Whoa....new friends too! I mean, besides you guys....friends I can feel and touch....not that I would.
And when I get the car, and it's the only one for miles around....it might almost be too much to bear....but I'm gonna love it!

:blackvertshift: 2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto(under reconsideration) - ordered 10/18/08

kanys 12-05-2008 08:02 PM

Lol yeah it is great, I just told one person, and the next day like 4 people asked me about it. :w00t:

Camaro_Corvette 12-05-2008 08:03 PM

Thats cool, camaro fans stick together.

Chewy 12-05-2008 08:27 PM

oddly enough, mine has been the opposite. i've talked about it a few times with some friends and my current roommate. Yet when i mention it @ a later date they respond with "so your REALLY going to get one?" or "you already ordered it?"

so i guess instead of the word spreading, people are forgetting lol

GrnMchin 12-05-2008 10:29 PM

I have told several people, most say do you think with the current state of affairs it will acutely be produced.:bonk: As I reply yes.

pinkcamaro10 12-05-2008 10:32 PM

I swear every month my same clients ask the same question "you get your car yet?"

And i was talking to someone about it the other day and someone happened to overhear me and asked what i was talking about, and i said something about waiting on my new camaro, and he didnt believe i ordered it. Luckily i had the order sheets in my purse. lol

496BIGBLOCK 12-05-2008 11:15 PM

I get asked every few days by the same crowd of people if I got mine yet... sigh

FenwickHockey65 12-05-2008 11:26 PM

Hah. I overhype the Camaro at school all the time. I actually gave a massive Camaro seminar in my AP Government class after they gave one away at the World Series.

And like someone mentioned, one of the most common questions I get is, "Will GM still build Camaros with their financial troubles?" And the answer is always, "Of course!"

09fathomgreen 12-05-2008 11:32 PM

At work, they keep asking me if I've ordered yet, and what will I do if I haven't ordered it yet and the company goes under? I told them come hell or high water, I will have a Camaro.

EllwynX 12-06-2008 12:00 AM

Anyone that knows me at work is aware I've placed the order. And just how anxious I am to get it.

One other person I actually expected to have his order in before me hasn't ordered yet. He'd had his name on 'a list' for well over a year. But he isn't one to follow online like I do, so he was pretty much clueless. I don't talk to him except on rare occasions, and I've been the one to inform him of things and to print stuff out (like the order guide) for him.

The dealer he's on the 'list' for never called him or anything. When I asked which dealer it was, and he replied with the name of one I'd had a bad experience with when inquiring about the Camaro, I gave him the name of the dealership/dealer I ordered mine through. Last time I asked if he'd ordered it, he said not yet (this was probably a month or more ago).

The guy is a motorhead type, whereas I'm just someone who loves the car but couldn't fix it if my life depended on it. Let alone point out what the different parts of the engine are. LOL So I REALLY expected him to have one before me.

KILLER74Z28 12-06-2008 09:46 AM

Yep, It’s like I'm the most popular guy on campus now... I’m constantly getting stopped by everyone and their brother and being asked if I have received my Camaro yet. It’s very cool…

LS3SSRS 12-06-2008 10:00 AM

i get asked all the time by family and friends as to when they'll come into the dealerships, so i'm always informing them of current updates, and about this site. Also one of my little brothers is graduating next year and i said he can drive the camaro to grad, so everyone knows...lol people older than me, and younger...

BitchinCamaro 12-06-2008 10:15 AM

I've been getting a lot of "Hey Camaro guy... wha'cha gonna do if GM goes out of business?" :(

I have a couple guys in my department that are fans of the small turbo cars (not ricers, think AWD Audis) And they talk about how much fun the 'torque' from their cars are. I can't wait to give them a ride in my SS and show them real torque! :D

Legend 12-06-2008 10:34 AM

Really only at the dealer...most if not all know me there by my first name! I was the first to order, first to put money down too.

At work my screen saver is a silver SS with black stripes (same as I ordered) and it starts conversations to say the least.

I've not really advertised to anyone that I am getting the car...I'm a quiet persone for the most part.