Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   GM high Wing spoiler (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327899)

SixGracing 11-12-2013 08:41 PM

GM high Wing spoiler

1 Attachment(s)
Got the high wing today. Just set it on the trunk to get a visual of how it's going to look on the Reaper. I think I'm digging it a lot! When I get the COPO hood on, get it re-striped with the dual black stripes and the red decal badging and the calipers painted red, it's all going to POP!

What do you think?

Attachment 574225

Texas_RS 11-12-2013 08:54 PM

Looks good, are you going to install it yourself or take it to Bodyshop?

SUKXOST 11-12-2013 08:57 PM

PLEASE dot take this wrong man but I HATE it. I've seen it in person on two cars (both black) and it just looks like it doesn't belong.....like it was designed for a different car.

IMO the Gen5 Camaro just NEEDS a wing/spoiler that is more the blade kind of style.

If YOU like it thats what counts as always, just not for me. Siler and black looks awesome though! (former Raiders fan back in the 90's just because of the color scheme)

ha

SixGracing 11-12-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUKXOST (Post 7181148)
PLEASE dot take this wrong man but I HATE it. I've seen it in person on two cars (both black) and it just looks like it doesn't belong.....like it was designed for a different car.

IMO the Gen5 Camaro just NEEDS a wing/spoiler that is more the blade kind of style.

If YOU like it thats what counts as always, just not for me. Siler and black looks awesome though! (former Raiders fan back in the 90's just because of the color scheme)

ha

All opinions count. I know the look isn't for everyone, but when I'm completely done with the car, I'll repost. You might change your mind. I've had this concept for awhile now and it's finally starting to come together. I've been spending all the money on making it faster. Time to make it look original. Which it already does some. :)

Cam2011 11-12-2013 09:11 PM

Not my thing, to me that spoiler doesn't belong on a camaro, but it's your car, and so long as you like the looks then that's all that matters.

SixGracing 11-12-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas_RS (Post 7181136)
Looks good, are you going to install it yourself or take it to Bodyshop?

Was going to go the body shop route because I was going to have to fill 7 holes from the stock spoiler. It was almost twice as expensive to fill the holes as it was to buy a new deck lid already painted with no spoiler on it. So I bought the new deck lid. Now, I just have to drill, mount, and be done. I'm going to do it myself. I'm pretty handy. :cool:

2010 SSRS 11-12-2013 09:13 PM

looks awesome, I like it

SixGracing 11-12-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam2011 (Post 7181195)
Not my thing, to me that spoiler doesn't belong on a camaro, but it's your car, and so long as you like the looks then that's all that matters.

I was undecided about them when they first came out. I work with a guy who bought a 2012 that is burgundy in color and had the matching color high wing spoiler. After I saw it, I loved it. I don't like it when they are black on sliver. But when they are same color and striped, they look pretty damn good I think.

SixGracing 11-12-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS (Post 7181203)
looks awesome, I like it

Thank you! I was starting to get worried. lol. The high wing spoiler is like the Dallas Cowboys. It's a love it or hate it kind of thing..

SoCalCamaro93 11-12-2013 09:17 PM

I don't like it much either, but who cares what I like, not my car! I think it works with your car, and I'm sure it'll look great with the final look that you're going for. I look forward to seeing the car with the copo hood

CamaroI 11-12-2013 09:21 PM

I have one and love it

midnighter 11-12-2013 09:38 PM

What are you doing about the exposed holes from your SS spoiler on your trunk lid?

Cam2011 11-12-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixGracing (Post 7181204)
I was undecided about them when they first came out. I work with a guy who bought a 2012 that is burgundy in color and had the matching color high wing spoiler. After I saw it, I loved it. I don't like it when they are black on sliver. But when they are same color and striped, they look pretty damn good I think.

All the more power to you, it's a camaro, it's your camaro, and no matter what I think so long as you like it then that's all that matters. As I said it's not for me, but that doesn't mean that it looks bad. Good luck, post pics.

VcrusaderV 11-12-2013 10:03 PM

I think it looks great. How is at high speeds? I put a taller SLP one on my previous car and it really helped keep the car planted at high speed.