Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cars.com Review: 2010 Camaro First Drive review (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16148)

UCF w00t 03-21-2009 08:15 AM

Cars.com Review: 2010 Camaro First Drive review

Haven't seen this one up yet...

Review here

stovt001 03-21-2009 07:00 PM

Well UCF, you'll be happy to know this review did address many of the concerns I had from other reviews, especially the article version. I think this might be the most positive review (polar opposite of Jalopnik).

UCF w00t 03-21-2009 07:17 PM

The first review I read was Jalopnik. Cancelling my order began crossing my mind. Then I started reading more. Made me feel better. What really did it was the comments from Ray on their article where he pretty much disagreed with his coworker. It just goes to show how much personal opinion plays into these sorts of things.

My impression of this guy is that he's not exactly a car buff but takes more of a "normal person" view of the car. So performance, etc take a back seat to comfort and driveability in his mind. It's good to have an opinion from this side of the spectrum as well as the car nut side too.

EZ28 03-21-2009 09:17 PM

Is this a pre-production 1SS with the 4-cluster guage pack?

3 Attachment(s)
Why does it have the 4-cluster guage pack? That's only an option with the 2SS model if you get an SS. I must say the interior of this one looks really nice compared to some other photos I've seen.

UCF w00t 03-21-2009 09:21 PM

It's the 2SS. However the door and dash trim pieces are not final production.

Here's another video I found showing the final interior.

The shiny silver looks WAY better than the black cloth IMO.

EZ28 03-21-2009 09:27 PM

ahh thanks!

FirstLSK 03-21-2009 09:54 PM

Anyone else notice how well the panels line up in the corner?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1237688178

Xanthos 03-21-2009 09:55 PM

"The car some of you have been waiting eight years for GM to resurrect - others of you just saw the Transformers movie and thought it looked really badass."

BEST REVIEW LINE EVER! Going in my sig.
- Xanthos

eddiehaskell 03-21-2009 09:55 PM

So....hard plastic on the dash, but it doesn't look cheap. I don't see why being hard should matter unless you enjoy slamming your head into the dash for fun.

Nexus6 03-21-2009 10:04 PM

^^^^^^ :laugh::laugh:

UCF w00t 03-21-2009 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's a screen grab from that last video I posted. They looked pretty well aligned but the door trim looks a smidgen higher than the dash trim. Also, ABL is shown but it's faint.

stovt001 03-21-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiehaskell (Post 354613)
So....hard plastic on the dash, but it doesn't look cheap. I don't see why being hard should matter unless you enjoy slamming your head into the dash for fun.

Often hard plastics transmit more squeaks and rattles when they rub, but if the build quality is good that shouldn't be an issue. Soft plastics are one way of crafting a good interior, but not the only way. I'm gonna hope that some of those 3900 lbs went towards good solid plastic.

Those interior panels do line up pretty well. I'm not a huge fan of the cloth inserts, but I'm going for the 1SS so I guess that's what I'll be stuck with, though I'd bet good money the aftermarket will come up with a better option. Hmm, maybe some fake wood paneling for a Berlinetta....

eddiehaskell 03-21-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovt001 (Post 354648)
Often hard plastics transmit more squeaks and rattles when they rub, but if the build quality is good that shouldn't be an issue. Soft plastics are one way of crafting a good interior, but not the only way. I'm gonna hope that some of those 3900 lbs went towards good solid plastic.

Everything I've read has said the Camaro's zeta chassis is rock solid. There shouldn't be many vibrations transmitted to the cabin in these cars.

EZ28 03-21-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovt001 (Post 354648)

Those interior panels do line up pretty well. I'm not a huge fan of the cloth inserts, but I'm going for the 1SS so I guess that's what I'll be stuck with, though I'd bet good money the aftermarket will come up with a better option. Hmm, maybe some fake wood paneling for a Berlinetta....

Actually, I really like the cloth inserts from this review. They look better than I thought they would. To me they look better than that glossy plastic in Rick Hendrick's car, but to each their own. :)