Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Racing brake brake pads (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173556)

CyberPredator 09-26-2011 11:09 AM

Racing brake brake pads

Are the racing brake et500s good for a spirited driver with occasional road course? If not is there a better pad

The Stig 09-26-2011 11:45 AM

I am not familiar with the et500s, but a lot of members run the Hawk HP brake pads, as well as Hawk ceramic pads.

Blacc Mamba 09-26-2011 02:03 PM

+1 Hawk HP brake pads, I've got a spare set if your interested in purchasing

Info@PeddersUSA.com 09-26-2011 02:59 PM

I can't comment on the Racing Brake brake pads specifically, but running a 'street' pad on a road course will be dependent on the driver.

If you are good on a road course, a street pad will not hold up. Auto Cross is one thing, but slowing a 4000 pound from 120+ is not something that a street pad will do for very long.

Street Driving = Street Pads - Quiet, Cleaner, and they stop, at street driving speeds.
Road Course = Racing Pads - Noisy, Dusty, but they stop for extended periods of time.

You can run a Street pad at the track, but you have to be very easy on the brakes, and not allow them to get to hot.
You can run a race pad on the street, but you will get squealing and dust,

There is no pad that will do both.
Cobalt Friction and Carbotech make top notch racing pads
Hawk makes good street pads, (personally don't have a lot of feedback to offer on the Hawk racing versions) the Ceramic, HPS, and HP+ are all street pads that work well at the track if driven with in the limits of the pads, but they will not be able to be run anywhere near as hard as the racing pads will be.

Apex Motorsports 09-26-2011 04:12 PM

A big +1 for the Hawk HPS pads. For street/track or even street applications we have seen great results.

CyberPredator 09-26-2011 06:01 PM

Thanks for the responses

SRT10KLLR 09-26-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba (Post 3804434)
+1 Hawk HP brake pads, I've got a spare set if your interested in purchasing

Which ones? The HPS? I am looking for a set. How much?

Blacc Mamba 09-26-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR (Post 3805872)
Which ones? The HPS? I am looking for a set. How much?

The HP+ , the aggressive ones

JDP Tech 09-27-2011 12:36 AM

Hawk pads are the way to go IMO.

The Hawk ceramic pads are great for a street only car, they grab a bit better than the stocks, are quiet, and fairly clean.

The Hawk HPS Street pads are great for the mostly street car, with an occasional track/autocross appearance. They grab a decent amount better than the stock pads, and are for the most part clean and quiet, though can have some noise. Most people would ideally use this pad.

The Hawk HP Plus pads are great for the street car that see's a lot of track time or autocross. They grab a lot better than factory (like night and day), but they are fairly noisy when under light brake pressure (like coming to a stop, or inching forward). They are also a bit dirty (brake dust), and don't last as long as a normal pad. But they perform quite well on and off the track. I have these on my personal Camaro in all corners, and I love them.

All these pads are great for driving on the street year round, unlike some other brands, and most race pads.

We have these in stock, ready to roll!
Call us for the best pricing!

Li0nel1234 09-28-2011 06:03 PM

What are the Hawk HP+ pads made out of?

Can you pm me a price shipped to 78253?