Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   ZL1 QC Hold Extension "mega"-Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207226)

Moose 03-02-2012 09:57 AM

Per Scott;

Good morning Camaro Comrades and Firebird Friends --

AT the request of John Fitzpatrick, I'm sending the following note to you with an update to ZL1 --

Camaro Nation:

This morning a note was sent to all Chevrolet dealers to advise General Motors continues to hold the shipments of the new 2012 Camaro ZL1. We are holding shipments as part of out quality assessment process. This is done to ensure we deliver the highest quality product to our customers.

Because of limited production of the 2012 ZL1, this action required us to also postpone this week's order submission cycle for dealers to avoid having a back log of orders in system.

We understand there is great desire for ZL1 deliveries to begin and we can't wait to get customers behind the wheel. We appreciate your patience and will continue to keep you posted on any developments regarding production and vehicle shipments.

Camaro Marketing Team

I'ts difficult, but be patient....the wait will be well worth it. ;)

Faulkner 03-02-2012 10:00 AM

I was to be picked up in this DOSP cycle. Oh well I guess the wait continues. Hopefully we will hear soon.

DangerZL1 03-02-2012 10:02 AM

Flux capacitor not holding charge?

Moose 03-02-2012 10:05 AM

Hey, I'm envious of those of you who have a ZL1 on order! :( I don't! :facepalm:

But if I did, however anxious I would be, I'd be thankkful to GM for taking the time to ensure that the car we do receive is a good as it can be. :thumbsup:

PAUL SS 03-02-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 4575536)
Hey, I'm envious of those of you who have a ZL1 on order! :( I don't! :facepalm:

But if I did, however anxious I would be, I'd be thankkful to GM for taking the time to ensure that the car we do receive is a good as it can be. :thumbsup:

Me too. I want one!

But i still love my SS.

THR ZL1 #1 03-02-2012 10:17 AM

Just have to be patient and wait . . . the car is just too awesome to rush it out.

ZmbHord 03-02-2012 10:18 AM

THIS SUCKS. GOT THIS EMAIL FIVE MINUTES AGO:

"To All Chevrolet Dealers with Camaro ZL1 Coupe Allocation for the 2012 Model Run

Subject: 2012 Camaro ZL1 Update

The purpose of this note is to provide you with an update on 2012 Camaro ZL1 production and vehicle shipment plans.

All Camaro ZL1 models produced to date are currently being held by General Motors for a quality assessment. At this moment, the duration of the hold is undetermined, and may last a few more weeks. As soon as the hold is cleared, a note will be sent to all dealers to advise that 2012 Camaro ZL1 shipments are underway.

Because of the hold, the upcoming Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP) cycle that was to be dedicated to ZL1 is being postponed. This DOSP cycle was scheduled to start this Thursday, March 1, 2012, and continues through Tuesday, March 6, 2012. A new date for this DOSP cycle will be provided in the near future.

We regret to have to undertake these actions, especially given the high anticipation for the new Camaro ZL1. We ask for your patience and will continue to keep you posted on any developments regarding production and vehicle shipments from Oshawa."

ZmbHord 03-02-2012 10:19 AM

I am not saying that I want them to rush it and ship anything less than the dream camaro I am purchasing...but the wait is going to give me a stroke or something!

radz28 03-02-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 4575536)

POTD! Excellent points, Moose :)

Joebot8484 03-02-2012 10:25 AM

Looks like I'll be waiting even longer for my order to get picked up!:facepalm:

stymie 03-02-2012 11:22 AM

Date:
03/02/2012
Ref. number:
Sales / New Vehicles / G_0000109294
Subject:
Update on 2012 Camaro ZL1 Shipments and DOSP

The purpose of this note is to provide you with an update on 2012 Camaro ZL1 production and vehicle shipment plans.

All Camaro ZL1 models produced to date are currently being held by General Motors for a quality assessment. At this moment, the duration of the hold is undetermined, and may last a few more weeks. As soon as the hold is cleared, a note will be sent to all dealers to advise that 2012 Camaro ZL1 shipments are underway.

Because of the hold, the upcoming Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP) cycle that was to be dedicated to ZL1 is being postponed. This DOSP cycle was scheduled to start this Thursday, March 1, 2012, and continues through Tuesday, March 6, 2012. A new date for this DOSP cycle will be provided in the near future.

We regret to have to undertake these actions, especially given the high anticipation for the new Camaro ZL1. We ask for your patience and will continue to keep you posted on any developments regarding production and vehicle shipments from Oshawa.

Sincerely,

Russell M. Clark
Director – Chevrolet Small Cars, Small Utilities and
Performance Cars Marketing

Drake Heminger 03-02-2012 11:34 AM

Damn I just applied for my loan too... GM what gives man? Seriously? Marketing tools probably

Drake Heminger 03-02-2012 11:37 AM

They keep saying the wait is worth it worth the wait... But in fact if you waited so long for something you actually become less interested.... I'm no where near as excited as i was back I November and it's sad :/

DangerZL1 03-02-2012 11:37 AM

I'd rather wait a little longer to be scheduled or built than have a car that needs some form of major modification or repair before being shipped. I'm glad they're not rushing to get the cars out the door and appreciate the update.

tmandoug1 03-02-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 4576005)
Damn I just applied for my loan too... GM what gives man? Seriously? Marketing tools probably

Drake I only have 43 days left on my loan before i have to re-apply, gotta have it by then I would hope, otherwise just have to call and extend or re-apply.

DangerZL1 03-02-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 4576019)
They keep saying the wait is worth it worth the wait... But in fact if you waited so long for something you actually become less interested.... I'm no where near as excited as i was back I November and it's sad :/

I understand, but you really should be excited, since you're closer than a lot of folks to actually being able to drive your new ZL1.

DangerZL1 03-02-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmandoug1 (Post 4576028)
Drake I only have 43 days left on my loan before i have to re-apply, gotta have it by then I would hope, otherwise just have to call and extend or re-apply.

My credit association dropped their rates by 1% this week, so it really can work to your advantage. Unfortunately, the interest savings will be eaten up by an ever increasing fuel cost.

stymie 03-02-2012 11:42 AM

OMG... I absolutely loathe unnecessary DRAMA! Please... pretty please, send my BEAST, NOW! I'm beginning to sense that we are being "toyed" with. I can almost read someone's mind: Yeah, we really got 'em drOOling, alrighty! When do you think we should toss them a bone? I'm lovin' this... I hate to stop when I'm having so much fun. Hahaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa

Drake Heminger 03-02-2012 11:44 AM

I won't forget all of my expierence with this... Never again will I buy an exclusive car it just isn't worth the stress... We gave a lot to Chevy and they give us nothing in return? Nice

DangerZL1 03-02-2012 11:47 AM

It would be a bigger buzz kill if you took delivery of your ZL1 and had to take it back to the dealership and worry about them damaging something else.

Drake Heminger 03-02-2012 11:48 AM

All we do is Sit here and read about what the ZL1 is like in mags and stuff... Thats all fun but it's getting old fast... Really GM needs to step up and meet their demands... We bailed you out remember?

FenwickHockey65 03-02-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 4576072)
All we do is Sit here and read about what the ZL1 is like in mags and stuff... Thats all fun but it's getting old fast... Really GM needs to step up and meet their demands... We bailed you out remember?

They're working on it. You want them to just half-ass the car so you can get it faster? Come on.

It takes time to deliver a quality product. Complain all you want now, in a couple months you won't even remember any of this. The same exact stuff was said 3 years ago when the Camaro first launched.

Seraph98 03-02-2012 11:53 AM

Seriously, GM is doing an amazing job in my opinion. They are bringing us a great car and are trying to do it right. People need to relax and show them a little respect for what they are trying to do.

Everyone at GM, thank you all so much for this car I can't wait to get it, but please don't send them until you are 100% satisfied. That way I know I will be 150% satisfied.

toilets 03-02-2012 11:56 AM

I much rather have this happen then to receive the car only to have something break on it. Take all the time you want QC. I much rather have it done right the first time.

ffrcobra_65 03-02-2012 11:56 AM

Is it true that orders for 2013 ZL1 start mid-year 2012? If so, if delays are pushing the 2012 ZL1 closer to April 2012 delivery, wouldn't be better to wait a couple or so more months for a 2013 which will definitely be better "ironed out" than the beta 2012s? This is exactly the reason why I am not getting the 2012, to allow for bugs to show up and get discovered/reported by 2012 owners to fix for 2013.