Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Camaro Convertible to be awarded to Superbowl MVP... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125829)

CUPRA 01-25-2011 08:13 AM

Camaro Convertible to be awarded to Superbowl MVP...

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...medium=twitter

http://media.gm.com/content/Pages/ne.../image.img.png

"DETROIT – The Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl XLV between the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers on February 6 will receive a 2011 Camaro Convertible, Chevrolet announced today.

A media panel and fan vote on www.superbowl.com will determine the MVP Award winner, announced during the Super Bowl XLV Postgame Show on Fox, presented by Chevrolet.

“The new Camaro Convertible arrives in dealerships in February and will be a fitting reward for the MVP,” said Rick Scheidt, US vice president of Chevrolet marketing. “It’s a great opportunity for Chevy to have Camaro play a role on one of the world’s biggest stages, the Super Bowl.”

The Camaro Convertible will appear on the field during the postgame celebration in North Texas. The convertible continues the momentum of Camaro, which has taken the lead in its segment in the United States. Available with an efficient 3.6-liter Direct Injection V6 engine, or as the V8-powered, 426-hp SS model, Camaro now features a power convertible top for the unequalled fun of open-air driving.

The Super Bowl MVP receives the Pete Rozelle Trophy, a silver trophy made by Tiffany & Co., and the Camaro Convertible. The MVP will be available following the winning coach’s news conference on Monday, February 7 at 8:30 a.m. CST at the Super Bowl XLV Media Center, Houston B-C (3rd Floor)."

CamaroSkooter 01-25-2011 08:32 AM

Nice publicity :D

xLoGiK1 01-25-2011 09:02 AM

Does the MVP get an SS or v6? Either way, that's awesome!

c_LoW29 01-25-2011 09:07 AM

Thats cool not like they couldnt go out and buy one with the money they are making lol.

Sawyer 01-25-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_LoW29 (Post 2766276)
Thats cool not like they couldnt go out and buy one with the money they are making lol.

True. Good exposure for Chevy though.

drummer5679 01-25-2011 10:20 AM

It makes me sick to think NFL players and owners can't come to a satisfactory CBA when they're getting free Camaros and making millions of dollars a year.

I read somewhere that if you just took into account the actual games that Brett Favre played in last year, at 16 million per year he made over $17,000 per minute.

midnighter 01-25-2011 10:24 AM

So GM is just giving these things away to the rich and famous. I just hope they never give one to L. Lohan or M. Gibson because they'd get plastered, drive it, and wreck it.

its a syn 01-25-2011 10:31 AM

:bs:it is sickening that you have to take out a small loan just to see a game in person!!! just the:popcorn: is $5, forget having more than a couple of these:drinking:. it makes me want to :barf: when these guys totally make idiots of them selves off the feild and want us to act like nothing happened !!

RAYSRT8 01-25-2011 10:33 AM

Wow GM I am impressed. NOT... Why not do something for people in need vs. giving things to folks that pretty much have all they need and then some?

midnighter 01-25-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray2SS (Post 2766528)
Wow GM I am impressed. NOT... Why not do something for people in need vs. giving things to folks that pretty much have all they need and then some?

:word: 100%

WadeWilson 01-25-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray2SS (Post 2766528)

GM is doing this because it's good publicity. ;)

RAYSRT8 01-25-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shardik2SS (Post 2766543)
GM is doing this because it's good publicity. ;)

That's the problem.. It's all staged vs. coming from the heart and helping people out in need.

HeatherR 01-25-2011 10:40 AM

This is nothing new. They used to give a Cadillac. GMC is a sponsor. They (GM) are auctioning off stuff (Super Bowl tickets, etc.) and donating the $ to the United Way.

GM does give to those in need too...They just don't get the same attention for it. I posted a link in the Kid Rock thread of one axample....Problem is NO ONE cares :rolleyes:

They will present the car to the MVP at the game...you know how much a SB commercial costs, so think of it as a cheap Camaro commercial....

fastball 01-25-2011 10:57 AM

I remember Joe Montana winning a 1990 Buick Reatta for being the Super Bowl MVP.

My God am I getting old :(