Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   HAS ANYONE DONE LINGENFELDER 650 package? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320257)

noah677 09-27-2013 12:22 PM

HAS ANYONE DONE LINGENFELDER 650 package?

I am about to pull the trigger on the LINGENFELDER 650 package. Has anyone else done this and if so what are your impressions and are you happy? What kind of differences did you notice, problems, numbers etc
THANKS (did a search -- no results)

MaxxMuscle 09-27-2013 02:32 PM

I'm going to see my turner tomorrow and will do 650 or 700 + plus Lingenfelter package.Right now I leaning towards the 700.

Jeff65SS 09-27-2013 02:38 PM

I did the 630 package and it was a good jump in power. It was about 100whp difference over stock.

jessrayo 09-27-2013 02:47 PM

Lingenfelter is the lead engineering company for many of the performance upgrades on GM v8's. The ZL1 included. I have many of their parts and have my work done by a Lingenfelter authorized dealer. As you can see from my signature I have more than a 650 package. I think the 650 is a good start. You get a lot more throttle response and some more power.

Johnny@MTI 09-27-2013 02:54 PM

we installed a few and they do indeed work! i would recommend a custom tune though.

Jeff65SS 09-27-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny@MTI (Post 7043225)
we installed a few and they do indeed work! i would recommend a custom tune though.

In fact, you guys installed mine.

noah677 09-27-2013 03:30 PM

THANKS for the relies---VERY helpful so far

LuckyZL-1 09-27-2013 05:02 PM

Go for broke dude! Cuz it isn't gonna be enough! Horsepower is like crack! Your already gonna have it in shop might as well let it be all it can be. 750+ has been done a lot and the cars and engines are holding up solid! And man oh man as I'm sure you have read on here the car is a night and day difference! Good luck and congrats!

noah677 09-28-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 (Post 7043635)
Go for broke dude! Cuz it isn't gonna be enough! Horsepower is like crack! Your already gonna have it in shop might as well let it be all it can be. 750+ has been done a lot and the cars and engines are holding up solid! And man oh man as I'm sure you have read on here the car is a night and day difference! Good luck and congrats!

Believe me – I have really really thought about doing more than the 650 since the car will be in pieces anyway. You put into words my exact thoughts. Thanks a lot--cause now I REALLY HAVE TO RE-THINK the entire deal

LuckyZL-1 09-28-2013 01:52 PM

You won't regret it. My wife kinda frowned at first until I took her for a ride and after the initial shock of acceleration she looked over and said. "Worth every penny baby!"

IcePick06 09-28-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 (Post 7045849)
You won't regret it. My wife kinda frowned at first until I took her for a ride and after the initial shock of acceleration she looked over and said. "Worth every penny baby!"

You got a cool wife bro...mine frowns if I ever use the skinny pedal the way it was intended to be used :pout:

IcePick06 09-28-2013 04:14 PM

If I were you, I would do the 700 package. Remember LPE rates their packages at the crank. I basically did the 650 package (used LPE parts) but added a 90mm TB and shorty headers w/ hf cats and custom tune and I ended up with about 690HP at the crank or 587rwhp. The throttle response is MUCH quicker than stock and it pulls harder to redline. I also opted for just swapping the lower pulley 22% overdrive over stock which is close to what they're doing by going 2.55 upper and 5% overdrive lower pulley

I can't imagine having less power than what I have, I think it's what the ZL1 should've have started with from the factory...very close to the '13+ GT500. But I can definitely imagine having more power :biggrin:

noah677 09-29-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcePick06 (Post 7046193)
If I were you, I would do the 700 package. Remember LPE rates their packages at the crank. I basically did the 650 package (used LPE parts) but added a 90mm TB and shorty headers w/ hf cats and custom tune and I ended up with about 690HP at the crank or 587rwhp. The throttle response is MUCH quicker than stock and it pulls harder to redline. I also opted for just swapping the lower pulley 22% overdrive over stock which is close to what they're doing by going 2.55 upper and 5% overdrive lower pulley

I can't imagine having less power than what I have, I think it's what the ZL1 should've have started with from the factory...very close to the '13+ GT500. But I can definitely imagine having more power :biggrin:

I can tell you why GM didn't put more than 580 crank horsepower in the Camaro. It is because of the Corvette. The new Corvette as you know only has 460 hp at the crank. This is really a big no-no to have another car out there from BM With more HP and performance than the vette. You watch---when the car mags start testing the new vette, magically the 460 hp vette is going to be found to magically way out perform the 580 zl1!! And it won't be because of the weight of the camaro

BTW did you do any thing else ie cam? Fuel pump? What brand of short headers or did ALL your parts come from LINGENFELDER like mine will?

IcePick06 09-29-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noah677 (Post 7048190)
I can tell you why GM didn't put more than 580 crank horsepower in the Camaro. It is because of the Corvette. The new Corvette as you know only has 460 hp at the crank. This is really a big no-no to have another car out there from BM With more HP and performance than the vette. You watch---when the car mags start testing the new vette, magically the 460 hp vette is going to be found to magically way out perform the 580 zl1!! And it won't be because of the weight of the camaro

BTW did you do any thing else ie cam? Fuel pump? What brand of short headers or did ALL your parts come from LINGENFELDER like mine will?

Believe me I know that GM would never cannibalize sales of it's Halo performance car (Corvette)--it was more of a rhetorical comment I made ;)

My peformance mod list is: JBA shorties, JBA HF cats, RotoFab CAI (same as lingenfelter's unit), 90MM GM Throttle body, ADM HX, Lingenfelter Remote coolant reservoir, Lingenfelter solid isolator, Lingenfelter idler relocation bracket (uses stock 50mm idler pulley), Lingenfelter 9.55 Lower pulley (22% overdrive), custom tune. You can see the only difference between what I did and LPE's package is the headers/cats, throttle body, and pulley setup. I'm running 22% overdrive and their pulley combo is roughly 25% overdrive; plus they P&P the snout and I opted not to. I have more power than their 650 package and the sound is better due to the headers/cats :cool:

I will add a mild cam next year for another 50 RWHP and probably be done since mine is a DD and reliability is my main concern (it will see the track occasionally ;)). Personally, you don't need to upgrade the fuel pump as the stock ZL1 FUEL pump is more than capable of handling 600RWHP--which is roughly what the LPE 700 HP package produces.