Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My ride in the new V6 Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20448)

teamlynn1 04-29-2009 02:11 AM

My ride in the new V6 Camaro

Well I was able to take our V6 demo car for a few rides today and was very impressed in the power. i laid a 30 foot (one wheel) patch at launch and was able to break it free with trac cont off very easily. Put a shit eating grin on my face in about 3 seconds! Im a big guy 6'1 300lbs and i got in and out of the Camaro just fine, something that i cant do in a Corvette. the visability is pretty typical of a sports car and was manageable. the cloth interior on the 1LT was just ok to me. The sound system was great and the connectivity package is a must have option! The exterior aesthetics are beautiful and will draw a crowd wherever it goes. We had people coming in all day and night drooling over the car. The V6 exhaust note at idle is quite tame but when you put your foot into it there was a real nice growl that emitted from behind me. All in all I am still in love with this car and am very excited to be a part Chevrolet providing these fine vehicles to you guys. for those of you waiting and waiting it will be worth it!! this car delivers as promised in the feel good/look good department!:wave::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beau Tie 04-29-2009 06:59 AM

Thanks for the quick review! So, only one wheel for the spin? AWWWE..that sucks. But at least she rips!

Did the V6 sound like a V6 when you put your foot into it, or did it sound like a V8? Which wheel package was on your car?

Verio 04-29-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamlynn1 (Post 442257)
Well I was able to take our V6 demo car for a few rides today and was very impressed in the power. i laid a 30 foot (one wheel) patch at launch and was able to break it free with trac cont off very easily. Put a shit eating grin on my face in about 3 seconds! Im a big guy 6'1 300lbs and i got in and out of the Camaro just fine, something that i cant do in a Corvette. the visability is pretty typical of a sports car and was manageable. the cloth interior on the 1LT was just ok to me. The sound system was great and the connectivity package is a must have option! The exterior aesthetics are beautiful and will draw a crowd wherever it goes. We had people coming in all day and night drooling over the car. The V6 exhaust note at idle is quite tame but when you put your foot into it there was a real nice growl that emitted from behind me. All in all I am still in love with this car and am very excited to be a part Chevrolet providing these fine vehicles to you guys. for those of you waiting and waiting it will be worth it!! this car delivers as promised in the feel good/look good department!:wave::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm about your size also, and to be honest, the car fit me REALLY well too. Which is suprising, since a lot of smaller cars (i.e., the Cobalt SS) suck.

tjbusa 04-29-2009 07:39 AM

I am glad the 2010 camaro is a fun car no matter which one you buy. I can see why the 6cyl is going to be GM's bread and butter.

justmeron 04-29-2009 07:42 AM

nice review thanks. what size wheels were on that car?

b4z 04-29-2009 08:45 AM

Always enjoy reading about salespeople and employees abusing brand new cars that are not broken in yet, and don't belong to them. Not!

Speed 1 04-29-2009 08:52 AM

Thanks for your view point.... sounds like ya had some fun!!

Verio 04-29-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 442502)
Always enjoy reading about salespeople and employees abusing brand new cars that are not broken in yet, and don't belong to them. Not!

Maybe you missed the part that said
Quote:

Originally Posted by teamlynn1 (Post 442257)
Well I was able to take our V6 demo car

It's the dealers car until YOU buy it. They can do whatever they damn well please to it.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

josh_4184 04-29-2009 08:56 AM

I am assuming it was a Automatic, so no LSD

BackinBlackSS/RS 04-29-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verio (Post 442513)
Maybe you missed the part that said It's the dealers car until YOU buy it. They can do whatever they damn well please to it.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Yeah, and the car is under warranty when it is sold, so if by chance there was a problem it's covered. Not to mention on a demo car you usually can
get a kick ass deal.

IROCanSS 04-29-2009 09:27 AM

I am with you

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4z (Post 442502)

Demo or not they should break it in proper. If they intend to sell the car after the demo period is up, they should not beat on it right out of the gate. Deal or no deal I would want to know they respected the car.

On the other hand... the break in perios may be total BS. A few warm up and cool down cycles and a few miles at various RPM should allow everything to seat proper. I hammered on my RX~8 on the test drive... ran her up to the red line, about 9K with 40-something miles on it. The car gave me 37000 miles of flaw less service. On the C6 I "tried" to break it in but that was a LOOOONG 500 miles. I did not do too bad.

In a note to the dealer... respect the car, any car that isn't yours. Some day you will sell it and why risk damage?

BackinBlackSS/RS 04-29-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 442590)
I hammered on my RX~8 on the test drive... ran her up to the red line, about 9K with 40-something miles on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 442590)
In a note to the dealer... respect the car, any car that isn't yours. Some day you will sell it and why risk damage?

:iono:

IROCanSS 04-29-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 442604)
:iono:

Ok I got your point.... Your right I should live by what I preach but... #1 I was "test driving" to see if I wanted to buy the car. #2 I bought the car.

I was not just out taking the car for a thrill ride like Mr. dealer here. he had no intentions on buying the car, just having fun.

Hylton 04-29-2009 09:41 AM

Where did your picture go Bob? We need more 1LT pics (especially with no RS)!